Become a Patron!

Vamped batteries observations

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I am by no means a battery expert, but I can not recommend vamped batteries. Reasons why: I'm using a vamo v5, puts out about 3 amps according to the display. These vamped 18650 are "40amp" 2500 mah whatever. Neither of those claims are close to accurate. My vamo got very hot using that battery, I have an 18350 efest that gets hot but not as hot, not even close. The battery life is terrible with that vamped battery, maybe 2 hrs of vaping, 100ish puffs on my display. Upgraded to a Panasonic 18650b, battery life has been incredible and even with its rated lower amperage, no issues heating up at all. Also gotta recommend liionwholesale where I ordered the Panasonic, free case since I ordered 2 batteries, cheap and fast shipping. Not sure who's cells vamped is rewrapping but that one i got is total crap, got it at the local shop that had those efests and some red batteries she thought were sonys, lady's not very knowledgeable I don't think. Sorry for the ramblings, I just had to throw my experience out there for anyone who may think these batteries could go in a mechanical due to the "40amp"rating. If it heats up that much in a vamo, I can only imagine what a mechanical would do.

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks for recommending us, really glad you're happy with your order :).

While I can't recommend the vamped batteries and it sounds like the panasonic is perfect for your application, it does sound like something was wrong with the vamped you had, it shouldn't have been getting hot like that with 3A.

Do be careful with the Panasonic NCR18650B, I only recommend it for vaping with very low watts like 10W or so (which you're at around 10W) and only in a advanced mod with protection circuits like a vamo, never in a mechanical mod or cheap mod. And be extra careful that if it ever does get hot, don't keep using it. It's not as safe as most of the batteries, since it is not IMR. At the same time, like you said it will last a really long time if you meet those criteria. We will have protected versions very soon which I would recommend using if they fit, FYI.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thank u again, so far its been working just fine. Running around 10w so we're good there. Thank you again.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for recommending us, really glad you're happy with your order :).

While I can't recommend the vamped batteries and it sounds like the panasonic is perfect for your application, it does sound like something was wrong with the vamped you had, it shouldn't have been getting hot like that with 3A.

Do be careful with the Panasonic NCR18650B, I only recommend it for vaping with very low watts like 10W or so (which you're at around 10W) and only in a advanced mod with protection circuits like a vamo, never in a mechanical mod or cheap mod. And be extra careful that if it ever does get hot, don't keep using it. It's not as safe as most of the batteries, since it is not IMR. At the same time, like you said it will last a really long time if you meet those criteria. We will have protected versions very soon which I would recommend using if they fit, FYI.

@Joshua Iles ....

I don't know about the V5, but I still have an old V2 vamo which, despite all odds, works as good as the day I got it years ago....they have a 5 amp limit. I have used an old 18350 aw in it from time to time and even though they're IMR they have about a 6 amp drain limit if I remember right and had no problems with it....if I remember right as well the NCR18650B is a 3400mah battery with around a 6.8 max drain limit period (does that sound right Jon?), and I mean 6.8 not a milliamp more...but that said it should be more than fine to run in that old Vamo if the little 18350 could handle it (albeit it didn't live long as those things aren't the most efficient) you should be ok.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah all that sounds about right. Just ridiculous tho how hot that "40amp" battery got on a device with such low amperage.

VU Sponsors