Become a Patron!

Vamo double barrel

plumbernater

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just ordred one and was just wondering if any of yall have one. And how you like it. I have 2 e sticks and really like them but looking into something with the changeble batterys. Got a manhatten I use for my tug boat. Like it

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is that the one on the stand with the battery tube half on one side and the control chip part of the tube and tank on the other? Never used one of those, but I liked my regular Vamos okay back in the Protank days...never got one that went over 15 watts, went to mechs and then dual-battery boxes by the time they were advertising 50 and 60 watt versions.

plumbernater

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Seems my rebuild on my coils around 1.6 . I dont need a hole lot of watts to power them for a great taste and not burn up my wicks. But again thats why I joined this forum
To learn and compare. I dont know it all

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have the standard v5 clone vamo and for my needs it works great. The buttons are LOUD, occasionally when the batteries get low it has issues firing. Those are more nuisances tho then anything and as far as function it works as it should. I'm assuming the mukey has the same insides just a different arrangement, I like mine and for my vaping habits with the right 18650 I can go all day on one battery. Liionwholesale is where I got my Panasonic 3400 mah batteries and in the vamo they work beautifully, wouldn't put them in anything bigger due to their low amperage limits, but in a vamo they work great. Love mine, even if it is long.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I rather like the design of the Mukey.

But last I looked there is one small flaw with the design.

If the battery vents, the position of the vent hole points the blast right into your face.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I rather like the design of the Mukey.

But last I looked there is one small flaw with the design.

If the battery vents, the position of the vent hole points the blast right into your face.
Yikes, there's something to consider! But on a 15 watt device I figure you'd have to be chain-vaping pretty hard on a pretty crappy battery to make that happen...

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Yikes, there's something to consider! But on a 15 watt device I figure you'd have to be chain-vaping pretty hard on a pretty crappy battery to make that happen...

Well said and I agree totally.

But I gotta wonder how many are ordered with Trustfire batteries?

All it takes is one time.

At some point I may order one myself as I think they look cool.

But if and when I do, I am going to seal up that vent hole and drill one in the bottom part of the device!

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Mine only puts out Max like 4 amps, it actually has a menu option to show that. However I won't run junk batteries in it, but yeah those eBay batteries and their 5000 mah 40amp are just so awesome. We make special battery just for u, make u special good price.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Mine only puts out Max like 4 amps, it actually has a menu option to show that. However I won't run junk batteries in it, but yeah those eBay batteries and their 5000 mah 40amp are just so awesome. We make special battery just for u, make u special good price.

Make you harder, last longer. You likey, very cheap smell better too! :D:D:p:D:D:eek:

plumbernater

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yep it the side by side out fit. I dont need all the watts. Dont sub ohm. I do use good batteries in my other mod I have for my tug boat. The design caught my eye as well. I also got a innok coming. That baby puts out 40 watts. But again I dont sub ohm. So dont need all those eatts to get some hood flavor from my juice. I also like the isticks I have on my kanger sub mini .

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Something I've noticed with my vamo, more lately for some reason, is that the pwn doesn't do well with certain tanks. Maybe it's cuz my coils got a few extra days on em, dunno. It just seems like it almost burns everything even at 3v. I still get use out of it, just seems like the chip in mine anyway has a hard time really regulating the power well. Granted mine is a clone of a clone I'm sure, just seems like compared to my istick 20 the vape just tastes a little off. Definitely be mindful of that, start out very low on your voltage/wattage and work your way up. It definitely doesn't put out the same 3.5 v my istick does, which is where I'm vaping at right now. Have to use the istick in voltage cuz the resistance readings aren't consistent and when i do use it in wattage it fluctuates readings a lot and often adjusts the wattage to the lowest possible setting for whatever resistance it thinks my tank is. I've had it for awhile and it took a juice bath once and since then its just been a little off, still works I just don't get the battery life I got before.

VU Sponsors