Become a Patron!

V1 tugboat Clapton coils?

Hey all. My favorite rda is my v1 tugboat which has a very small hole in the center post. I had never messed with Clapton coils till my friend gave me a few sets and I tried to put them in. Unfortunately they were way too big and wouldn't fit in the center post. The question I have is: is there a certain combo of Clapton wire that would fit in my v1 tugboat deck? I am ready to start building my own claptons but don't want to purchase wire and bother until I can afford a v2 tugboat if not.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You can mount claptons under the screws on the posts, or simply drill out the wire holes in the posts.

Yeah I'm a little nervous about drilling out to holes just cause I don't want to fuck it up. But I guess I could always buy a new center post if I did. Do you know if I can spin a small enough combination of wire to fit in the hole there is now ?
And what do you mean under the screws is there a method I haven't seen?

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What @Zamazam means is instead of inserting the leads into the post holes, wrap them around the screw threads instead and tighten them down, kinda like this:

1.jpg

Another method would be to unwrap the Clapton from the leads, and just insert the leads into the post-holes. The Clapton is a heat sink, and doesn't really affect the resistance or flow of current, so it's not necessary to trap the Clapton itself, just the core wires. You should be able to fit at least 2 strands of 24ga through the post-holes, so unwrapping the Clapton from the leads should allow you to fit both through.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Have someone make you some 2 x 30g/40g Fused Claptons and they will fit without modification to the RDA, if not buy a 2mm drill bit and go to work...
Advanced wires dont always have to be bulky and can be microsized and produce the same results for devices that cant accept the "standard" versions of the builds...Here's some wire that I made a while ago to show what I mean-Micro and Nano Fused Claptons..
Micro and Nano Fused Claptons .jpg Micro and Nano Fused Claptons.jpg Micro and Nano Fused Claptons  .jpg
Small Enough to fit the TFV4 Dual Deck that barely fits 22g wire.
32g 44g Fused Claptons .jpg

VU Sponsors