Become a Patron!

Uwell Crown opinions needed

underd0g

Member For 4 Years
How interesting that everyone started talking about the crown coils when I came in here to post about that very thing tonight.

B4 I ask my question.

Yes, my .5's are authentic Crown coils.

I'm using a Sig 150 TC with authentic Samsung R25 r batteries, green wrap.
I use a 2015 Nitecore to charge the 18650's.

Vaping at 38 Watts in power mode.

Juice is unicorn milk .3 mg. I keep the Crown 3/4 full.

How is it possible my first coil is charred in 1 day?

Edit: I'm going to do a rebuild. The duel coils are different. At least from any coil I've ever rebuilt in 2 years. The .5 looks like 30 or 28 awg with soldered ends of 26 for the + and - leads.

59961d69aaa97a78ae45d0d3a56dac82.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

StanM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, concerning the RBA deck for the crown, this is what I found. I have been using 28g 316l SS, 5 wraps at 2.5mm. It seems to come in around .6ohms. I tried all the different wicking methods meant for the crown, to no avail. I recently tried the old pancake wicking and found it to work perfectly. Airflow was great, wicked great, and it hasn't leaked on me. I seem to get comparable flavor and good vapor production in comparison to the .5 stock coil, but at a lower wattage(-/+ 28w).

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok, concerning the RBA deck for the crown, this is what I found. I have been using 28g 316l SS, 5 wraps at 2.5mm. It seems to come in around .6ohms. I tried all the different wicking methods meant for the crown, to no avail. I recently tried the old pancake wicking and found it to work perfectly. Airflow was great, wicked great, and it hasn't leaked on me. I seem to get the same flavor and vapor production as the .5 stock coil, but at a lower wattage(-/+ 28w).
That 316l is good shit.

StanM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, and concerning VD's issue of pressure when using top fill with the RBA...It might sound stupid, but I fire it while screwing top cap down after filling. It keeps it from flooding on me.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just want to say... As far as juice consumption... Now that I've calmed down from playing with new gear, I'm not using any more juice than I used to. Yes more power makes more vapor. But I'm not playing tug boat anymore. I use the same 30mls/5 days I was at before the Crown. There is nothing about the tank that "wastes" juice. It's just that it was so damn good when I got it I couldn't put it down. It's still good, I'm just not hitting it as much. And I'm still on the original coils I put in the two tanks. Been a month now.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Oh, and concerning VD's issue of pressure when using top fill with the RBA...It might sound stupid, but I fire it while screwing top cap down after filling. It keeps it from flooding on me.
I usually give it a puff before opening the air valve and then fire it up. I haven't had any problems with flooding.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Great thought. I hadnt given that any consideration but will try it for sure. I am still struggling with SS builds. I made two contact SS coils yesterday but they both appeared to only heat on one side. Gotta get back to that later tonight

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
That's my other difference VD, I don't use contact coils. I just wrap it and go :). Easy peazy
So then more like a spaced coil? I used my Kuro coiler and it made a great looking 24 g coil. just didnt perform very well. I had a dual 24g 9 wrap .19 setup in my billows and it honestly it sucked. nothing like the SS vape I get with the Crown so I am thinking something is amiss. looking at the coils on side is a bit darker than the other so it leads me to think I got something all fucked up. Gonna try 26 g tonight and also on the crown RBA as well.

StanM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep. I just hand wrapped on the 2.5 post of my coilmaster instead of using the coiling cap. Then just pushed it down to tighten it up some. Just enough where it wasn't contact.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Yep. I just hand wrapped on the 2.5 post of my coilmaster instead of using the coiling cap. Then just pushed it down to tighten it up some. Just enough where it wasn't contact.
Thanks, I will give it a try tonight on Crown RBA first. Adding the dual coil is putting too many variables into the mix all at once

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I just made standard contact coils with it. I had no problems

Tore my Ni200 out of it today. Wanted that flavor heaven vape today so going back to SS. Put the .5 in until I decide which one I like more .5 or .25. Prob just order a box of both lololol. Only went with .5 since I am using single 18650 and no way would that last me today with the .25

Adam Paseman

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Its funny...i go back and forth between ni200 and SS coils in this crown and each time im like "wow this is good". Either are good-but i think overall winner has to be the SS. Maybe one day TC on SS will become standard.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Its funny...i go back and forth between ni200 and SS coils in this crown and each time im like "wow this is good". Either are good-but i think overall winner has to be the SS. Maybe one day TC on SS will become standard.

I hear ya man. Thats the reason I jumped on a DNA200. For the ability to do TC on Stainless. Should hopefully have it by end of next week.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
But....what does TC offer you in stainless with the ss coils? They never, ever dry hit! (The temp protection in the Asolo on power mode works also to prevent dry hits - just sayin' LOL)
Damn @AmandaD why do you have to be hating on me hahahhahah (JK). You know I have to justify a new toy and my thoughts are that maybe the DNA200 will flatten out any hot spots during the vape and make it a more consistent vape resulting in a "Perfect" experience. I had to make a decision on the SX 350j or DNA200. Since the 350j is still only able to do Ni200, I opted for my features is the real reason but I am looking forward to trying the SS in TC . I do love the .25 but every once in a while it gets a bit warmer than I like. Its very rare but has happened so maybe Temp limiting will aid that as well.

Adam Paseman

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Agree-TC would smooth out the vape and keep the temp consistent rather than getting hotter and hotter. Its why i enjoy the ni200 coils, i can dial in a temp and it hits pretty much the same every time.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Agree-TC would smooth out the vape and keep the temp consistent rather than getting hotter and hotter. Its why i enjoy the ni200 coils, i can dial in a temp and it hits pretty much the same every time.

My thoughts exactly. Although I like the TC with Ni200 coils I cant stay away from the SS coils for too long

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
i can get dry hits on the SS coils just sayin
also get dry hits on the NI200 in TC mode. Maybe my crown is defective

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i can get dry hits on the SS coils just sayin
also get dry hits on the NI200 in TC mode. Maybe my crown is defective
If you're getting dry hits on a TC coil that's more of an issue with your mod than with the coil itself. If you're getting dry hits on the SS coil, I wonder if you might need to prime it longer?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well then...you DO see a reason for TC...essentially taste control is similar conceptually:)

In truth I only turn it on when my tank is really low so I don't accidentally try and vape the SS coil dry LOL I find the regular power mode on these coils to give me a very consistent vape - and when I say I chain vape, I really do mean I can suck down 4 mls in 20 mins!

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Heck I chain vape the .25 SS and never get a dry hit...just have to refill the tank!, lol

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk
Agreed, I have never gotten a dry hit from this tank. A hot hit yes when I had it turned up really high but never a dry hit.... I have even forgotten once when it was dark out and I kept vaping it till the tank was bone dry and it kept hitting as the cotton holds alot of juice as well

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ive gotten a fee burnt hits with the crowns, rare but it happens

Maybe you run yours at a higher wattage than I do? I don't run mine over 70 watts - perhaps that's the difference?

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
In truth I only turn it on when my tank is really low so I don't accidentally try and vape the SS coil dry LOL I find the regular power mode on these coils to give me a very consistent vape - and when I say I chain vape, I really do mean I can suck down 4 mls in 20 mins!
Vaping like a BOSS lolol

Adam Paseman

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Its rare.....perhaps max vg juice is the culprit. But its not an issue as it hasn't happened enough to even raise a concern

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Its rare.....perhaps max vg juice is the culprit. But its not an issue as it hasn't happened enough to even raise a concern

Interesting! I use 80% VG in mine. I did read on the other forum about someone who had to take a pin and poke holes in the cotton to stop any dry hits. Seems there was a bad batch of coils.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, I use max VG 24/7. Had one dry hit, & that was because I vaped it bfd

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Interesting! I use 80% VG in mine. I did read on the other forum about someone who had to take a pin and poke holes in the cotton to stop any dry hits. Seems there was a bad batch of coils.
I did read that too. Makes sense that could be it because of all the crown owners very few (less than 5) have ever stated a dry hit with the Crown

Adam Paseman

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh I have no ill thoughts about my crowns lol was just commenting that i have had a burnt hit...but given the amount of vapes I've taken its gotta be a 1/5000 occurrence!

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Oh I have no ill thoughts about my crowns lol was just commenting that i have had a burnt hit...but given the amount of vapes I've taken its gotta be a 1/5000 occurrence!

That crown is just so close to perfect its not funny. Gonna order my third today

PremiumVapeSupply

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I've honestly never gotten a dry hit from the Uwell Crown. But that's after learning how to properly prime a coil before using it. You really have to get the coil well saturated in its cotton. Once you have the coil saturated, fill the tank, and get maybe about 10 dry hits on it. Let it sit for about 5 minutes to fully soak, then gradually build up your wattage from 25 watts to your desired wattage. It also helps contain the flavor of the cotton as well!

Please let me know if you guys have any questions about the Crown as we're working directly with the manufacturer, and we are an official distributor of the Uwell Crown.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I've honestly never gotten a dry hit from the Uwell Crown. But that's after learning how to properly prime a coil before using it. You really have to get the coil well saturated in its cotton. Once you have the coil saturated, fill the tank, and get maybe about 10 dry hits on it. Let it sit for about 5 minutes to fully soak, then gradually build up your wattage from 25 watts to your desired wattage. It also helps contain the flavor of the cotton as well!

Please let me know if you guys have any questions about the Crown as we're working directly with the manufacturer, and we are an official distributor of the Uwell Crown.
Do you have any active coupons?. I would like to place an order for another black one today and am comparing prices right now.

PremiumVapeSupply

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Do you have any active coupons?. I would like to place an order for another black one today and am comparing prices right now.
Yes sir we do! Use: vu10 during check out and get the Black Crown for $30.56 with Free USPS first class Shipping! That coupon code hooks you up with 10% off your entire cart btw :) Our coils are pretty low, and 100% authentic. We've heard horror stories about ecig lobby selling fakes, so just be careful where you guys purchase your coils from!

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Yes sir we do! Use: vu10 during check out and get the Black Crown for $30.56 with Free USPS first class Shipping! That coupon code hooks you up with 10% off your entire cart btw :) Our coils are pretty low, and 100% authentic. We've heard horror stories about ecig lobby selling fakes, so just be careful where you guys purchase your coils from!
Thank you so much. Order placed for the Black Crown and pack of .25 ohm coils with 10% discount with free shipping. Thank you again

VU Sponsors