Become a Patron!

Uwell Caliburn a3s review

VToynm10OADxxG-BCcGPg_Z7v9JHAI5fWK9ius6-Ky0X1j8dlZiASS8fruX2el6Uz5xUlxNQNMJhEayt1pZWY-4h-DpOwCZqTxA9_NL3C4SJA3WR1_uvXrRJ9NKOj3ffoxVcvjL-M_4hOlThYVlC9lU

Uwell Caliburn a3s review

Thanks to sourcemore for sending me this product to review!
https://www.sourcemore.com/uwell-caliburn-a3s-pod-kit.html
They have also send me a discount code to share with you, to get the device for an amazing price: UCA3S use this code to get it for only $13.59

Disclaimer: This review is my own thoughts and I am not associated with anyone at sourcemore, nor am I being paid to write this review.

The caliburn a3s is a minimalistic device, no button, no airflow control, you just put your pod in and start vaping. A very easy and user-friendly experience.

Specs:
  • Compatible with Pods of Caliburn A3
  • Animated Light Matrix
  • Convenient Side Refilling
  • 5V/2A Fast Charging
  • Battery capacity: 520mAh
  • E-Liquid Capacity: 2ml

The packaging includes:
  • Caliburn A3s Device
  • Meshed 0.8ohm pod (pre-installed)
  • Meshed 1.0ohm pod (spare)
  • User manual

SgHiGQaUqZWTEuOvCGwG-_6ftFcausz1P79jj3z9B8zAYnIOXmm1qPadfht19KGHN5jG6EfX3pYmwUKzzXN16ktdl62si_k7hZPEYuf5pcHRnl27m8CgHXHyY9nC5Nv6vZgts6kuNahSJdT6eRnWf6E

Design
The design is not one we haven’t seen before. Uwell seems to know what works for their Caliburn devices and stay in the same type of designs for the line. I only have the A2 myself to compare it to, and it looks close to that, size is identical. The pods are new, though, with a curve at the bottom. I do like this design for the pods better, but it’s unfortunate that they don’t fit on the previous Caliburns, but I’ll talk more about this later.
At first I wondered where the battery indicator on the device would be. It was only when I started using it that I saw the new pattern light they used for it. The entire word “Caliburn” lights up in either green, blue or red (depending on your battery percentage) in a beautiful patterned way.

Pods
If you have personally used a caliburn device before, this one hits similarly. The hit was never the problem with caliburn, those have always been amazing, but these pods do not leak. I haven't personally experienced any leaks, which I did have with my caliburn pods from a previous before this one. The pods do have side fill instead of top-fill, which doesn't bother me, but could be seen as either a pro or a con to some, so it's definitely something to keep in mind. It's unfortunate Uwell decided not to make the pods between the a2(s) and the a3(s) compatible. This could stop people who still have a lot of old pods from upgrading, other than that I’d say go for it.

7MLrHyvj9xvZeaSc-OxJ6utHJDDJJ6u5Xf5MB27ZHwHynbpJ-2DVBARuC-GkCCowo84RGVNmiq_yaP68HLpvd9w3mq-0l6brc3HFMjEEReDft0u6D2M2Mi8NT5RkRg-laWSEl52YzaTiASDulnkdkwg

Flavor
I don't use juices with a lot of flavor, but even I can feel that the flavor on this device is definitely in the top tier for pod devices. With a brand new pod, some might even say it’s too strong, but once the pod is broken in a little, it’s a smooth and flavorful experience. I honestly feel like over the first few refills, the flavor only kept getting better. It’s after about 8-10 refills that the flavor is slowly getting less, but still it tastes like the pods have a long life ahead of them, before possibly burning out.

Performance
The device has a comfortable mouth-to-lung draw. I think it would be a very enjoyable experience for people trying to quit cigarettes, or if you just like that cigarette-type draw. The battery is relatively small for a pod device, but I think it’s one of the most honest ones. The battery actually being 520mAh seems legit. It almost gets me through a full day, but does get me through my working hours, so I can just charge when I get home. The green led means you still have over 60% of battery, the blue one means you have over 30 and the red one means you have less than 30% battery left.
I can’t really say if the lack of airflow is a pro or a con to me. It makes the device look and feel simplistic, without any hassle to it, which I think is exactly what Uwell is going for with these S devices. And because of that it’s a really good contender for people who want to stop wasting money on disposable devices.

jEXyt02dPqSWwITI6TFnu52KdKpdCG-cycdSn9np57ByHizN5SI5uCs0uObRVtiL49QRH5qQ3-CEHM0YkaqSiUG9Ps1_gf9NOspyJicaUeaFbHvx_7DjRL2zWHG4dEfq5F6EL6NaRYmgP5tJoLpXw4U

Pros
  • Good-looking design
  • Flavor
  • Good, warm vapor production
  • Leak-free pods
  • Beginner-friendly
  • Quick charge

Cons
  • Pods aren't compatible with the previous caliburn
  • Relatively small battery

Verdict
The caliburn a3s is a great pod device, one that I would definitely recommend picking up to anyone starting out who doesn't have a refillable vape yet. It is so easy to use and just overall beginner friendly. It’s definitely a bit of an upgrade from the devices before this one, especially for the pods, because those are not leaking whatsoever. The battery is also fully charged quicker and even though they all have the same 520mAh this one seems to last longer. If you already have a caliburn that’s needed for an upgrade or you just want a spare, this could definitely be the device for you. But also if you’re wanting to quit disposables or even smoking cigarettes, I would recommend this. It definitely outperforms a lot of the pod vapes that are in the same or even higher price ranges.

c764j2PxRelWMEqr0QeeBlw_kcZBBON7JqISysxnj_H7dEywgd4qYzrlAFnoRp5EvLjhGlB4qPo0-JtZW7zqAYIUSZiF5o8HzT9FGJN5WKSrnRUTpwdPqvyjyfYYxruE4wLh-lbB7bY6k3PLAfQoop0

This was my review, once again a big thank you to sourcemore and don’t forget to check out their website and use the discount code at the top of the review if you decide to pick this pod up!

VU Sponsors