Become a Patron!

using saline in a high pg ratio

cjcaddy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have found that I get a very heavy feeling in my chest when I vape at even 50/50 so I am going back to 75% pg. I was using 4.5% of a saline solution previously but now Im worried that might thin the liquid too much. Anyone have experience with this?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Like you, I had trouble with 50/50 (can't handle high VG), and I did try saline solution. Not only did it not make any difference, but it seemed to do something nasty to my coils LOL So now I vape between 75-85 PG and things are better.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I affected the coils because Saline is salt in a solrution Salt is the major enemy of any metal..

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Like you, I had trouble with 50/50 (can't handle high VG), and I did try saline solution. Not only did it not make any difference, but it seemed to do something nasty to my coils LOL So now I vape between 75-85 PG and things are better.

LOL yup, I figured as much. However, surprising that a 0.9% saline solution would do that. In any event, the coils in my rda didn't like it!

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
LOL yup, I figured as much. However, surprising that a 0.9% saline solution would do that. In any event, the coils in my rda didn't like it!
Yeah salt be bad when I was in College one of my friends was doing his internship as a metalurgical engnieer at a Steel mill up north and hahah I was the one that figured out what was corroding the metal he was donig all these eQUATIONS BLAH BLAH and Im a computer Engineer so I walk over ot these huge Steel slabs and see there is moisture on them so I put my finger on it test it on my tongue... haha watched him keep messing with numbers for an hour then said
dude... Its salt they have salt leaking from either the transport car or from a pipe above he turned so blood red hahaha

cjcaddy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I agree that the saline doesn't affect the flavour much but it definitely helps to keep my throat hydrated and it hasn't had a negative impact on my coils in the 3 months that I have been using it. If I go higher PG I will really need the saline to keep my throat from drying out.

Jgoss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I use 10% of a .9 saline solution in all my juices because I can't do PG (makes me sneeze). I vape around 10ml a day, (6mg) and I go through about 1 coil a week in the kayfun lite. Coils are usually 26g 6 wraps, that are around .9 ohm. In my estimation, the saline may shorten coil life, but not in a huge way.

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
kayfun lite. Coils are usually 26g 6 wraps, that are around .9 ohm.
Ahh my absolute favorite way to vape. As much as I love my dripper, nothing like the kayfun running around 1ohm on a VV/VW (25watts)

VU Sponsors