Become a Patron!

Using RDAs with efest 1100

VapeChild

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Im pretty new to vaping I have a few 18650 mods/attys that im still trying to work out. However, I also have a few Efest 18500 (3.7v 1100mah) batteries I used with my apsire nautilus. Ive been advised not to use them with my rda's (roughly .5ohm builds) yet no one can tell me why. Ive gone against that advise (twice) and noticed it hits like a champ! Can someone explain why this is a bad idea or tell me how to use this combination safely (ie. above a certain ohm limit). Dont wanna do something ill regret. Thanks guys

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well the reason why people advice against it is because of the amp limits of the battery. If you have the purple efest 18500, those are rated at 15 amps. And at .5 ohms your pushing a little over 7 amps. That's about as far as you want to push those batteries. Now if you have the red efest batteries those are rated at less than 5 amps and even at .5 it's pushing it way further than it should. You can use any 18xxx battery that you like on a mech and it will work but it won't work for long and the consequences could be bad.

VapeChild

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the quick reply! I have the red ones (and will no longer use them). If I get some of the purple ones and bring the ohm level to... say .8, can i use those safely... Or maybe a different brand rated at a higher amp. Ive seen Youtube videos of some compact size setups but can no longer find them (of course).

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the quick reply! I have the red ones (and will no longer use them). If I get some of the purple ones and bring the ohm level to... say .8, can i use those safely... Or maybe a different brand rated at a higher amp. Ive seen Youtube videos of some compact size setups but can no longer find them (of course).

I still use my little 18350s on a higher ohm RDA to check DIY juice flavors (above 1 ohm). But I use 18650s when I'm dripping for more than tasting. You'll be fine with the purple efests at 0.8.

VU Sponsors