Using Flavor Concentrates In Food?

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
What are your thoughts on using flavor concentrates in food? I was thinking of adding some FA Lemon Sicily (Thanks again wllmc!) to some homemade iced tea I made yesterday.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I've used them in protein drinks and such. TFA Strawberry can make a horrible vanilla protein shake actually palatable. Would be perfectly willing to use Lemon Sicily in a pound cake. Or iced tea. But mostly pound cake. šŸ¤£

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
What are your thoughts on using flavor concentrates in food? I was thinking of adding some FA Lemon Sicily (Thanks again wllmc!) to some homemade iced tea I made yesterday.
Most definitely! This is also a good spot to point out that on BCF if you scroll down into the descriptions of the flavors you will see a link that says

"Click here for our recommended usage guide for this flavor"

This will pop up another window with our recommended starting points for various applications like beer, candy, water, ice cream, frosting, etc. Keep in mind as with vaping how we perceive flavor in food and beverage applications is subjective and depends on what you want your end product to taste like. If you really want that flavor to pop you may need more or if you just want a touch to help lift and enhance the current recipe a bit like a raspberry cookie that you are using fresh raspberries in you may want to cut back a bit but I feel like our recommended starting points are a great place to start.

Also, keep in mind the flavoring we are all used to generally do not have sweeteners or other enhancers so to make things really stick out in candy for example you will probably want to add a pinch of citric acid perhaps or even a few drop of a sour flavor to bring it to life.

VU Sponsors