Become a Patron!

USB port on ipv4 not working.

dubblec87

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I wanted to update my ipv4 but when I plug my ipv4 up to my laptop nothing happens. Nothing Looks wrong with it. I've tried with 2 different computers and 3 different USB cables. Anyone else have this problem?

Pegasus Vape

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I wanted to update my ipv4 but when I plug my ipv4 up to my laptop nothing happens. Nothing Looks wrong with it. I've tried with 2 different computers and 3 different USB cables. Anyone else have this problem?

Hey Dubble,

I may be mistaken, but unless you bought a beta unit isn't the update already installed? I know that doesn't help the hardware issue you're having in regards not not connecting to the computer.... otherwise, it may just be a messed up usb connection on the ipv? Also I may totally be mistaken about the update, guess one could have been released recently- dont use mine anymore, it fried!!

Ron01

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I thought you had to take the batteries out? otherwise I have no clue

-Ron

thunderdan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Yep, take the batteries out. Use the latest SXI they have.

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wanted to update my ipv4 but when I plug my ipv4 up to my laptop nothing happens.

So far, so good. After you plug it in, you need to run the SXi software. In the SXi software, connect to the IPV4 then update.

It is possible all three of your USB cables are "charging" cables. You will need a USB data cable.

You will need two downloads. First, you will need the actual firmware update; plus you will need the SXi program that will put the firmware you downloaded onto the device.

dubblec87

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got it to connect but now the driver install fails and it says unsupported undefined right beside the upgrade button.

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The driver install issue is completely a OS issue or a corrupted file.... but without you telling others which version and operating system... it won't be easy for someone to help you

Vaping_Vixen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OK I ran into this with my IPV3 when I updated it ... you have to make sure the unit's drivers are installed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=41&v=AER1a_u5ucQ

This video may help
ther eis a pop up window that isn't easily noticable that you need to use to make the drivers work .

VU Sponsors