Become a Patron!

Upgrading from pen to box mod

Mlsacre82

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Whats up fellas. I am currently using an evod mega pen that i picked up to quit smoking and because it was dirt cheap, but I am finding myself wanting more, more flavor, more vapor, more battery life etc. what would be a good box mod and tank combo for me to pick up. I would like to have one with an internal battery if possible. Thanks guys.

SGT M.L.Sacre USMC 01-05

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hello Mlsacre82 and welcome to VU. as far as one with an internal batt. I will leave that to others since I don't own any. I personally like the ability to change my batteries out so I went with the VTC mini.

A good tank well ask 10 people and get 10 different answers, my answer is the Crown if you want coils you can buy pre-made. Now if you want to build your own then the Crown again with the RBA deck or the Cruis. There are a lot of great tanks out there right now as well as mods.

James

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
just a suggestion ... there are a pile of boxes that are 50W that will do fine . The YiHi chip sets are good and some of the DNA40 as well as VAMOs work for a long time problem free . Personally I feel that anything over 50W is 2 battery units and there for to heavy and , for me , overpowered .

Mlsacre82

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I actually just picked up the uwell today and was looking at the tesla nano 100w. has anybody every used this combo or at least the tesla?

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If you think you are going to head into RDA's for clouds/flavor, then I would suggest a dual battery box (like and IPV3 Li) or one of the DNA 200 boxes that have a lipo battery pack.

With the dual bat mods, you can change out batteries on the fly and don't need to worry about charging the device before using it again.

I suggest this because graduating from a decent tank like the crown or TFV4, to an RDA, won't require upgrading mods again to run the watts and have the higher battery life that internal/single battery devices have.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My IPV3 Li was about 60 bucks.
Batteries are about 12-14 a pair.
I4 intellicharger is another 20 or so.

My mod is also a 200 watt mod too. Not that anyone sane would run 200 watts.

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am gonna throw this out there because I've been where your at. If I was wanting something better that a pen, that has a tank, I would look at the Kanger Subox Mini around $50. Great unit and no problem carrying it in your BDU's. Provides a good vape and will last all day. Just the size and weight of a 2+ battery MOD is difficult at work. You can run an RDA off of it if you should ever desire. All of the 2+ battery mods get cumbersome when you add a tank, and the batteries usually can't make it a day if your running over 70watts. If you go the 2 battery MOD route, I would look at Sigelei. The 200 Fuchai, is the latest and greatest, but you can find deals on 150 TC's if your'e trying to save money and they are a great MOD. For tanks Herakles, Crown, and Smok are all good.

---AWC USN Ret.

Mlsacre82

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Apparently my wife just informed me she got me a evic vt for Christmas and I need to stop looking for other stuff. lol. little does she know I still want more vape stuff

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Apparently my wife just informed me she got me a evic vt for Christmas and I need to stop looking for other stuff. lol. little does she know I still want more vape stuff

I own the Sigelei Fuchai the VTC mini and the Sigelei 50w V2, on the go or work it's the VTC mini. The Fuchai is ok for at home or in a car but I honestly don't want to carry it around all day. I carry a spare batt. with me in a silicone protective sleeve just in case I need another battery but haven't had to use it yet. The mini is more than capable of handling the Crown tank, the Sigelei 50w V2 well its half way in size between the Fuchai and the mini and offers less than the mini, if it wasn't for the fact I got it so cheap I wouldn't have gotten it, personally I think it's not a decent devise for it's size or price after getting to use it, I honestly don't know what Sigelei was thinking with this one.

The VT will do great for the Crown as well. Enjoy your new gear and I know you will be happy with it.

Last edited:

rickycal78

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I know you said you wanted an internal battery, but the Eleaf istick60w kit is pretty decent. You would have to buy a separate battery, but it can be charged in the unit with a micro-usb that comes with it, and one version of it comes with a tank that takes multiple types of coils. I will say that the battery life on it leaves something to be desired, but that's what the plug to charge it is for.

Mlsacre82

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was in my local vape shop today talking to them random ass stuff, and they are going to give my me a crimson edition snow wolf 1.5, a lava box 2 tfv 4s and some other stuff for painting the back room. this is turning out to be an awesome christmas.

Mlsacre82

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh and i did buy the 60w istick and some batteries while i was there. i have to say its a nice box

rickycal78

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh and i did buy the 60w istick and some batteries while i was there. i have to say its a nice box

Nice! Like I said, the battery life on istick 60w leaves a bit to be desired, but it's a nice small mod to get you used to a variable wattage or temp control device. I got mine in the mail the other day and I've been using it since.

Mlsacre82

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I feel I'm going to have so much vape stuff I'm not going to know where to start

Mlsacre82

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i got a tesla nano 100w, an evic vt, uwell crown, sennse herekles plus, a smok tfv4, an arctic, a lava box and the crison edition snow wolf 1.5 for christmas.
my wife must love me

Mlsacre82

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i dont think im ready for the lava box or the snow wolf yet but they are there for when i am

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
i dont think im ready for the lava box or the snow wolf yet but they are there for when i am

Why not? it's the same as any other of the devices you have other than the fact it can go higher other than that it works the same. Keep them at the same watttage you do your other devices and enjoy your new toys. Make sure to get QUALITY batteries and a smart charger for them and you are set.

As far as the Crown tank goes take a little bit of time and wash it with dish soap and get any machine oil off of it and enjoy it.

I would get a Vapor Shark DNA200. Great mod, it will support any type of vaping you want to do.It charges very quickly and it's a great size.

Crazy Mike

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
In October 2015 I had been using a small pen bought cheap $40.00 from a VaVa Vape shop . Two pens in one box . Within 2 months I was buying another box of 2 pens due to one lost and one broke . When I broke the other two , I went to a different Vape shop local called Wi-Vape 2. I bought a 30 watt istick box mod w/aspire Nataus mini tank. It did a lot better than the pen. But I started really enjoying the vaping with clouds. Then I upgraded 3 weeks later to a evic VT 60 watt temperature control box mod w/Kangertech subtank mini w/RDA . I love this setup! Great clouds and Taste!
image.jpeg

Fukitol

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Whatever you buy, make sure it's at least a step above what you THINK you want. I thought a 40w Istick and sub tank mini would be more than I would need, couple of months later I was getting a 100 watt istick and mutation x v3 in a trade deal. Now I am wanting a 200 watt. Not because I need 200 watt but because I want the capability of building for clouds or just everyday vaping to get my nic fix. And I find myself vaping at higher and higher watts because I like it.

Mlsacre82

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
my local vape shop is hooking me up with all kinds of stuff so i can do reviews on their website. they gave me a sigelei fuchai and a wiesmec rx 200

VU Sponsors