Become a Patron!

Update Taifun

D

Donald Bickers

got my new Taifun today,,,first build DISASTER juice everywhere but where its supposed to be
this ones gonna take some patience to get figured out
any suggestions welcome

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The GT, correct?

Use Japanese cotton, you want the cotton to fill the 2 holes in the chimney, but not too tight. a 1/8" thick strip should do the trick. Trim the cotton outside the chimney so 1/4" is on both sides. When you thread the bottom part on, do it slowly to make sure the cotton does not pull to one side.

Don't push the chimney all the way down on the base with the coil, eyeball it to make sure the top part of the chimney fits over the little tube in the top section by about 1/8", but no more.

D

Donald Bickers

yes the GT,,,ill give it a try ,,,,like I said the first build was a disaster

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When the atty is put together, the lower loop of the F in Taifun on the chimney should look like it's touching the first thread of the lower plastic tank section.

D

Donald Bickers

yea that where its at,,,,,new tanks can be a bitch till you figure out what they want, to perform correctly

D

Donald Bickers

When the atty is put together, the lower loop of the F in Taifun on the chimney should look like it's touching the first thread of the lower plastic tank section.
do you have one of these

D

Donald Bickers

Yep, vaping on one now. It's a clone. Does yours have the "Taifun" on the chimney?
yes,taifun is written on the chimney,,,,,,just tell me ,did you have a hard time learning how to build this

D

Donald Bickers

kinda wondered ,because I don't usually have much of a problem and this one is kickin my butt,,,,i guess im spoiled by building on kayfuns

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For the most part it's easier than a kayfun. If it's leaking then it's either a bad or poorly sized o-ring or too small diameter wick. Check the o-ring that allows you to lower or remove the chimney base, the o-ring where the chimney cap screws on and the o-ring on the chimney tube. As long as they are sealing properly it's a matter of getting the density of the wick where it passes through the walls correct. For me a 5/64" coil and either regular organic, Japanese organic or rayon have all worked fine. I pull the chimney entirely when coiling then install the chimney base and push it down to wick then raise it till it seats, place the wick in the channels and screw on the chimney cap while holding the bottom to keep it from turning. Trim with a couple mm hanging out and fill.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
yes,taifun is written on the chimney,,,,,,just tell me ,did you have a hard time learning how to build this
Nope, it was easy. My first build was with SS mesh. That really sucked, so I switched over to the microcoil and Japanese cotton.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I watched Busardo wrestle with the stainless and passed.:)

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Let me know if you have any questions, I have about five of the Taifun GT's, there awesome tanks. What brand are you using ?

D

Donald Bickers

Let me know if you have any questions, I have about five of the Taifun GT's, there awesome tanks. What brand are you using ?
ok ,,,I have questions,,,,,im not sure of the brand,,,got it off ebay

D

Donald Bickers

my first question:when you take the top cap off the chimney,the part that slides down so you can get to the deck,how loose or tight should that fit on the o ring

D

Donald Bickers

I have watched several build tutorials,,,and from my past experiences(mostly Kayfun)I want around 1ohm with cotton,,im not having problems with the coil part of it,,my problem is with wicking,all the juice runs out the air hole

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I have one myself that I have not used yet. It arrived fully built but I am not going to try it without cleaning it first and using my own wick which I know does not tast like ass.

Anyone got a link to a good tutorial build video on it that does not take half a freaking day to watch?

D

Donald Bickers

I have one myself that I have not used yet. It arrived fully built but I am not going to try it without cleaning it first and using my own wick which I know does not tast like ass.

Anyone got a link to a good tutorial build video on it that does not take half a freaking day to watch?
thanks UncleRJ,,,I have to work a little bit this afternoon,,,so its gonna be just as I start getting somewhere with this im gonna have to go to work,,,,,new toys and anciousness,,,,,

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
my first question:when you take the top cap off the chimney,the part that slides down so you can get to the deck,how loose or tight should that fit on the o ring

When my coil is built...cotton wicked through...I then slide the base shield on and all the way down, set your cotton into the grooves and then pull your base shield up to the very bottom of the logo (Taifun GT)

Prime your cotton with some juice, "not to saturated"

Screw on the chimney all the way, just not too tight or fast or you will rip the o ring.

Just make sure your cotton is snug in the coil but not to loose or it will cause tank to flood, I pull my coil fairly high above the air hole and best flavor I get is building single coil 28guage 1.2 ohm

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have watched several build tutorials,,,and from my past experiences(mostly Kayfun)I want around 1ohm with cotton,,im not having problems with the coil part of it,,my problem is with wicking,all the juice runs out the air hole

Attachments

• photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 11
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 13
D

Donald Bickers

DHkJIcp.jpg

I bought this to pair with my gyro,as they are both 23mm devices,,,i think its a sweet looking setup,,,i have it going now with out any leaks,,,only time will tell,,,i want to thank every one for their help,,,any more suggestions welcomed cause im not out of the woods yet

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
D

Donald Bickers

good ol Kayfun still works good,,,,thats where im at for now,,,gotta step back for a bit

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Thanks for the link! I got it saved I might try to build mine later today!!!

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I suspect the particular clone you have may have an issue. I'm pretty sure you're up to the actual build.
I have the Hcigar and it's been absolutely painless once I got the machine oil out of it.

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If your leaking from air hole my experience has been the coil is to low, just try it....yank that coil higher above the hole. Once you get the build right it's going to be better than the Kayfun.. I have 2 of those and a black Russian and I always go back to the GT

D

Donald Bickers

heres what I did,,,,,,,,and I hate doing this,,,i used the instructions in the link above,,went with the silica method,(I am not a big fan of silica but went with it because it recommended 3 2mm strands of it to fill the holes)I got my ohms a little higher than I wanted,im @1.4 and I wanted 1.0,but that's ok,,,,still in the testing stages,,,,and as you said raise the coil ,I put the coil on so it was above instead of below ,if you know what im saying,i have plenty of silica so if this works that's what il be using,,,,no leaks yet ,,,so we wait and see,,if I can go a couple hrs with no leaks I will build @ 1.0 ohms,,,,
and I thank you for the help,,,much apreciated

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cotton should be fine...just don't allow it to be too low because once it soaks up the juice the weight will pull it to close to the hole and it will leak.
I use Japanese cotton and this tank has awesome flavor. Only brand I was not crazy about was the one from Anglecigs which is the ivogo brand....draw was to tight but OK once I ripped the air hole chimney and insulator out. I don't recommend useless your willing to risk destroying it :)

D

Donald Bickers

Cotton should be fine...just don't allow it to be too low because once it soaks up the juice the weight will pull it to close to the hole and it will leak.
I use Japanese cotton and this tank has awesome flavor. Only brand I was not crazy about was the one from Anglecigs which is the ivogo brand....draw was to tight but OK once I ripped the air hole chimney and insulator out. I don't recommend useless your willing to risk destroying it :)
does that tube just slide out,,,i would like to open mine up a little

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
does that tube just slide out,,,i would like to open mine up a little

I had to use needle nose and give it a good pull....the metal is really soft and will bend right away....plus if you don't pull out the plastic insulator crap inside the hole it's not going to make a difference in air....I don't recommend because that plastic insulator crap was pain to pluck out :(

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I used a pair of round nosed needle tips to pull the hollow pin and a dental pick to pull the plastic sleeve. Both are perfectly re-usable. I also drilled the intake on the knurled bit with a 5/64" titanium bit. Good airflow now.

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I used a pair of round nosed needle tips to pull the hollow pin and a dental pick to pull the plastic sleeve. Both are perfectly re-usable. I also drilled the intake on the knurled bit with a 5/64" titanium bit. Good airflow now.

Nice...I did not drill any of mine yet, I keep forgetting to pickup some more drill bits, I broke or lost all my smaller ones

D

Donald Bickers

got the airflow fixed put a build of 28ga wraped 4 times around 3 strands of 2mm silica,came out @ 0.9 ohms, good but dry hits if chain vaped,so I took 1 strand of silica and tucked it inside the chimney,,,,seems to be working good atm,,,,,there is a very fine line between flooding and dry hitting when your a chain vapor like me

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Donald Bickers

when I first atarted vaping a 30ml bottle would last me a month,,,,,,,Damn WTF

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
More wick - more heat = more juice. Toys, toys - more toys. I haven't saved a dime. But I did save my breath. :D

D

Donald Bickers

and health
when I first started vaping ,I have to say yes it was a money thing,,,,,but now almost 2 and a half yrs in,its more of a health thing
and we cant forget the toy thing,,,,,,,,,mines better than yours is thing ,,,,,no wat I mean

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Donald Bickers

Got my new Hcigar Taifun GT,,,,man what a difference,long story short,put my first build on it,,,,hits like a champ,no leaks no dry hits,perfect,the other one was a pos,craftsmanship is superb.

D

Donald Bickers

im impressed,now I see why they call this the kayfun killer,awesome

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My opinion there way better than the Kayfun, primarily what I use for tanks other than my on the go Aspire Mini's

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Want a real Kayfun Killer? Try the Lemo. I have one and the vape is utterly fantastic.

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Interesting...I have not seen that one yet, looks very promising with glass tank and air flow control, I might have to check that out and compare prices on it. Where you buy yours if you don't mind me asking?

VU Sponsors