Become a Patron!

unexplaned throat burn

OK here it goes, I have a Kanger sub tank mini. I vape 3mg nicotine and some juices not all have a harsh throat burn. I always vape max VG so it really cant be a PG issue. Why do some max VG juices burn and some are smooth as silk ? For example....... anything by Ruthless is fine, also Propaganda is fine. Parrot burns, Space Jam burns. These are just a few examples. Oh and I use a .05 Ohm coil.

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you are using a juice with a high amount of VG it may be having trouble wicking properly. I would try the RBA section and do the pancake method for wicking those higher VG based juices.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
OK here it goes, I have a Kanger sub tank mini. I vape 3mg nicotine and some juices not all have a harsh throat burn. I always vape max VG so it really cant be a PG issue. Why do some max VG juices burn and some are smooth as silk ? For example....... anything by Ruthless is fine, also Propaganda is fine. Parrot burns, Space Jam burns. These are just a few examples. Oh and I use a .05 Ohm coil.
Max VG doesn't mean, all juices have the same level of VG, but the maximum possible with all the flavors utilized. I can only assume, that the juices that are causing the throat burn are either using more flavors, or low quality flavors. Another possibility is, that you're allergic to some of the flavors utilized in those juices.

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
From experience, I can tell you Kanger Sub tanks are dry/burnt hitting machines. They don't wick well at all. I even drilled out my juice holes in the RTA deck chimney. I pitched my Kangers. Yuck.

decisively_unsure

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Need more PG for that tank. 80VG/20 won't be harsh at all and will wick better personally I would use a 70/30.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

chrisjtown33

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Could be pg still max vg means still room for pg.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I've just changed from 50/50 to 80/30 on the Kangertech Max Size Tank. I'm really not liking it, not getting much taste and yeah best way to describe is it burns, almost enough to make me cough. Thinking either I'm doing something wrong or I just need to go back to 50/50 and I've just wasted £15 on the wrong juices.

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was having quite a bit of throat hit on any recipe of juice I made and was only at 2 mg of nicotine. I found out that the problem was the brand of nicotine that I was using and after switching to Vapertek nicotine, I haven't had that issue. I am now down to 1mg of nicotine and loving it.

VU Sponsors