Become a Patron!

Understanding ohms

I have a wismec rx200 mod with a dark horse rda and duo coil at .21 ohms set at 62w and hits like 17 amps .......on 3 q18650 3.6v 3000mah batteries from what i understand its safe because its under 20amps am i corect or wrong

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Coil resistance has nothing to do with battery current when using a variable wattage mod. The watt setting divided by total battery voltage gives you battery current.

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I have a wismec rx200 mod with a dark horse rda and duo coil at .21 ohms set at 62w and hits like 17 amps .......on 3 q18650 3.6v 3000mah batteries from what i understand its safe because its under 20amps am i corect or wrong

Coil resistance on regulated mod like the RX200 only comes into play with the lowest a control chipset can read and fire, unlike an unregulated/mechanical mod where the only throttle is the resistance of the coil.

In a regulated mod you would use the ohm's law formula
Watts set/lowest battery charge=amps/90% mod chipset efficiency=final max amp draw.
Most mod's the lowest battery charge before shut down is between 3.2 to 3.6 volts.
The RX200 is in a series electrical circuit which becomes Voltage X # of batteries, same mah and same amps of a single battery.

So here for you would be the formula
62 watts/9.6volts=6.458333amps/0.9=7.1759final amps the batteries are actually pushing
9.6 = 3.2 X 3 being three batteries in series

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

So my batt current would be 17.17 amps which would be safe for my batterys (sorry title may have ben wrong) ....so in your opinions would this set up be safe to use

Coil resistance on regulated mod like the RX200 only comes into play with the lowest a control chipset can read and fire, unlike an unregulated/mechanical mod where the only throttle is the resistance of the coil.

Watts set/lowest battery charge=amps/90% mod chipset efficiency=final max amp draw.
Most mod's the lowest battery charge before shut down is between 3.2 to 3.6 volts.
The RX200 is in a series electrical circuit which becomes Voltage X # of batteries, same mah and same amps of a single battery.

62 watts/9.6volts=6.458333amps/0.9=7.1759final amps the batteries are actually pushing

So .9 is my mods chipset efficiency?

So i make sure i understand if i were to set the watts up to 85 the equation would be

85 / 9.6 = 8.854666667 / .9 = 9.837 total amps drawn

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Yep, 0.9 or 90% is about average for most chipset efficiency, www.steam-engine.org is a good site to bookmark has several vaping related apps including an ohm's law calculator and mod chipset efficiency calculator for most of the common mod's and chipsets out there.

VU Sponsors