Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Whats the best between these two?
:3

xpen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Different materials.. Both can be used on non-TC mods, including mechs, whereas SS316L can also be used for TC (temperature control).
SS sports less resistance than Kanthal (about half) at the same wire gauge.
Many people seem to prefer SS for a supposedly 'cleaner' taste, personally I don't find that much of a difference in that respect.

iki

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Different materials.. Both can be used on non-TC mods, including mechs, whereas SS316L can also be used for TC (temperature control).
SS sports less resistance than Kanthal (about half) at the same wire gauge.
Many people seem to prefer SS for a supposedly 'cleaner' taste, personally I don't find that much of a difference in that respect.

Ok, but the kanthal is much more expensive. Why is that?

xpen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You're welcome
No idea, check multiple vendors

iki

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Guys i dont live in the us, but in my country the kanthal is 89$ and the ss136L is 18$ so idk.. I guess the kanthal is much better

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Guys i dont live in the us, but in my country the kanthal is 89$ and the ss136L is 18$ so idk.. I guess the kanthal is much better
I personally, prefer the SS316L over Kanthal, due to being able to use it in either power, or TC mode. In addition, with the lower resistance, you can build coils with more surface area, thus more vapor.

xpen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Neither do I, but such a difference in price is unheard of... Anyway go with the SS, it's an excellent wire.

iki

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I personally, prefer the SS316L over Kanthal, due to being able to use it in either power, or TC mode. In addition, with the lower resistance, you can build coils with more surface area, thus more vapor.

Oh okay! Thank you very much! This is helpful! Cause im gonna use it on the evic vtc mini with the gemini mega. Thx!

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh okay! Thank you very much! This is helpful! Cause im gonna use it on the evic vtc mini with the gemini mega. Thx!
The Evic VTC Mini's TC for SS is working flawlessly. I'm using mainly my crowns on it with SS coils.

VU Sponsors