Become a Patron!

Two questions about Pre-Made Juices.

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey VU Family.

Today I have a couple questions regarding juice that is not DIY.

First let me state that in the last few months I have become very particular about the juices I buy. I try my hardest to stay away from brands that use excessive amounts (really any) dyes in their juice, I find it unnecessary and I dislike what it does to the cotton. I also try my best to stay away from companies that are not open about the environment in which the juice is made, and away from juices with Diacetyl in in.

Now I have been very successful in my endeavor of late, and have stuck to the juice companies I know fit these personal qualifications. I also try not to spend more than $25 per 120 mls, which is the volume of juice I buy. I do not ever pay more than that, it is not worth it.

However, I got an email from a juice company I liked in the past, but had not bought from in a while. I will hold off on naming the company, and if those who wish to reply feel it is pertinent I will give it out.

They were having a promotion/sale for Labor Day on their already fair priced juices. I decided I'd order some again, and got a newer flavor. I have two issues I would like clarification on.

First ----- Is there any difference in a juice with dye versus no dye as far as flavor, throat hit, and health risks??

Second ---- this is the big question ----

This juice I ordered in 6 mg, which I vape every day, in all of my juices. The juice is a "MAX VG" juice with no PG in it, which is why I have not ordered in a while, chasing flavor here, not clouds. Anyway - this juice and all juice I've gotten from this company always seems SO potent in nicotine. This juice for instance, I wake up and take my first few pulls, if this juice is in my RDA's it makes me cough like no other//// I have to warm up to it, either using a juice of equal strength from a different company, or even a 3mg juice. This is not usual for me, I can wake up and vape all my 6mg juices. Now I find after going on my break at work, and after my lunch, that if I vape this the amount I normally do on my breaks, I get lightheaded, shaky, and an overall feeling of poopiness. More so than your average "nicotine overload"

My question is, is this due to the nicotine they use in their juice? I understand there are two options when making juice, 100% pure/pharmaceutical grade nic and then less concentrated versions.... Is this due to novice mixers whom are not 100% sure what they are doing? Is it possible that the 5 or 6 times I have bought juice they have just mistakenly given me more nic than ordered? I do not think the latter is possible as the strength is printed on the label and not written by hand...

I am just wondering what can cause this sensitivity to a certain juice line and what I believe to be a sensitivity to their nicotine? I understand I may have rambled, but I wanted to give all the information I can so that you can see where I am coming from. Thanks in advance for the responses.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Its hard to tell what mix of nic a company might use...some may use a 50 50 pg/ nic base or some may buy 100mg nic and use less..Pg tends to be somewhat harsh so its possible they use a higber pg concentration of Nic.

I have to say in the morning a hit can be more harsh for me as well than the rest of the day..not sure what that is exactly but im sure we arent the only ones who experience this...The first 4 or 5 hits is strong then it gets back to being smooth again for me and can barely tell i have nic in it at all..I use anywhere from 97% percent to 92% VG mix..any and all pg is from the flavorings and i use 100mg nic base...my dripping juice i make 3mg..for my tanks i use 6mg

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks @Mike H.

I suppose it is the feeling of uneasiness and shaking after breaks and such that lead me to believe that the morning vape and the shaking is due to a different nic/nic strength than maybe I am used to.

VU Sponsors