Become a Patron!

Tvf8 rba deck section: harsh vapor

I bought a new tfv8 about 2 weeks ago worked great. Then I decided to try out the rba deck also worked fine. Then I swapped out the claptons that came with the rba for some 28g kenthal 7 wrap coils dual build. Worked great for probably 2 more weeks or so. Then I started getting really harsh hits with pains in the back of my throat on the exhale. Mind you I did try charging the cotton multiple times with varying amounts of cotton. Sometimes I take a drag and it's painless but it always comes back in a few hits. So I got fed up and made some new coils same build as the previous and for a few hours after no painful hits. Then it can back. So any insight or advice would be much appreciated. Also If anybody was wondering I'm using the smoke alien 220.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sounds like you need to adjust the amount of cotton you use, or allow more time for the cotton to saturate between hits. Especially if you are using a high VG juice, which is thicker.

Sounds like you need to adjust the amount of cotton you use, or allow more time for the cotton to saturate between hits. Especially if you are using a high VG juice, which is thicker.
Well like I said i tried a thicker wicking and thinner and some others. And as far as letting it saturate. I have waited hours between hits and gotten the same effect. Also then juice I'm using currently is a PG VG mix

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well like I said i tried a thicker wicking and thinner and some others. And as far as letting it saturate. I have waited hours between hits and gotten the same effect. Also then juice I'm using currently is a PG VG mix

It takes a good bit of trial and error before wicking is nailed. And different coils work better with different amounts and/or types of wicking methods. You might also be using too many watts.

It takes a good bit of trial and error before wicking is nailed. And different coils work better with different amounts and/or types of wicking methods. You might also be using too many watts.
Well in terms of watts I'm only pushing 65 max and I have been running it at 40 watts to try to combat the uncomfortable vapor.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Did you try dry burning them to see if they both glow to the same time, and the whole coil? You might have some parts in the middle or end, that are dark or not glowing correctly. I've done that before and got me the same effect that you're describing. Are you using space or contact coils? Same thing here, sometimes if you have a tighter build it can taste weird as well, after a bit or right off the bet. Then as khassy mentioned, check your wicking, its trial and error. If you switched juices in between, that might be an issue too, or have more bolder flavors. The material of the coils matter as well, it can leave or turn into an aftertaste. Hope its understandable, I'm kinda new to building myself and can't memorize all these perfect terms just yet , but just listing my experience throughout that time and maybe it applies to you as well.

Did you try dry burning them to see if they both glow to the same time, and the whole coil? You might have some parts in the middle or end, that are dark or not glowing correctly. I've done that before and got me the same effect that you're describing. Are you using space or contact coils? Same thing here, sometimes if you have a tighter build it can taste weird as well, after a bit or right off the bet. Then as khassy mentioned, check your wicking, its trial and error. If you switched juices in between, that might be an issue too, or have more bolder flavors. The material of the coils matter as well, it can leave or turn into an aftertaste. Hope its understandable, I'm kinda new to building myself and can't memorize all these perfect terms just yet , but just listing my experience throughout that time and maybe it applies to you as well.

Well when I made the coils they both heated up in sync maybe not perfectly but I didn't see any dark spots. I'll try remaking the coils again and see if that helps and I think I'm using contact coils. I never heard the term space coils so im assuming mine are contact

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I just bought some Q4 coils for the time being but when I tried my 28g dual coil build at 20 watts there was barley any vapor production
Vaping a parallel .22 25 ga SS316L coil in a Wasp Nano at 25-28 watts and lovely.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors