Become a Patron!

Tsunami rda too hot?

Does anyone else feel the combination of bottom air flow high coils and a stubby drip tip makes the vape extremely hot? I mean i burn my lips if i take more than 3 pulls and make contact with the sleeve. Using a .25 ohm dual clapton build at 60w. Is there a standard threaded drip tip i can buy that will fit the tsunami and preferrably not the smaller adapter style tip but one that threads right into the top?

arth1981

Member For 4 Years
Does anyone else feel the combination of bottom air flow high coils and a stubby drip tip makes the vape extremely hot? I mean i burn my lips if i take more than 3 pulls and make contact with the sleeve. Using a .25 ohm dual clapton build at 60w. Is there a standard threaded drip tip i can buy that will fit the tsunami and preferrably not the smaller adapter style tip but one that threads right into the top?

Most of my RDAs get really hot after 3 consecutive pulls. Not trying to sound patronizing but if you have a big fat .25ohm build in a confined space, it's gonna get hot.

To answer your question, I haven't seen any threaded drip tips available that aren't stubby. The adapter and a longer 510 drip tip are probs gonna be your best bet.

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine actually runs cooler than most of my other atties due to the tall cap, and that's with .16 ohm stitched aliens at some high wattage. It still gets warm but its not the scorcher my goon is

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mine actually runs cooler than most of my other atties due to the tall cap, and that's with .16 ohm stitched aliens at some high wattage. It still gets warm but its not the scorcher my goon is
^^^^This^^^^

I don't really notice much appreciable difference in heat for attys comparable to this one.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like you're using too much coil/power for the chamber size and air flow setting. Post a pic of the build. A resistance number can be achieved in many ways and doesn't help us help you like a picture does.

Sounds like you're using too much coil/power for the chamber size and air flow setting. Post a pic of the build. A resistance number can be achieved in many ways and doesn't help us help you like a picture does.

Sure thing just a 6 wrap 34g on top of 24g

sazpzNR.jpg

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Clean coils require less power. Then I would ensure the cotton is snug and not blocking air flow and move the coils closer to the air intake to force air to flow around both sides of the coils. Right now the main air current is going up the middle and the outside of the coils is getting no direct air flow. Using a smaller core wire next rebuild would also help. And don't forget about the power down button. Good luck.

VU Sponsors