Become a Patron!

Trying Out A Dripper

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just bought an authentic Vulcan dripper, in black, to go on my black Stingray, & I'll be twisting up some Kanthal A1 & 5 - 6 wraps, hoping to get about 6 - 7 ohms, maybe. This is the first time I have ever tried dripping, I've always been pretty much strictly on mechs, but I'm feeling the need to try something different. It'll be here in a couple of days, so time to check out some building videos & pack in some more info on the brain.

Hope everyone has a great week...:)

Galaxyrider

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I should be getting the 454, a Plume Veil, and a Mutation X in the next few days.. I usually vape in the .4 -.6 range too, I probably need to get some 24 ga since I want to try a quad in my 454.

Galaxyrider

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
LOL remembering an old P/U truck I had as a kid.. that had dual quads on that 454.. hahaha bit I was feeding it gas, not ejuice..

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I ordered some more 26 ga., and some 24 to try that out on duals. Since this is my first dripper ever, it's going to be a big experiment for me. I'm a flavor & taste freak, and I've been on my Stingrays & Nemesis for awhile. Kinda feel like I've gotten too used to the taste I get from them, so hoping I didn't waste my money on the Vulcan. It's supposed to be a high end, high quality dripper, so I went ahead and bought it.

It wasn't that big of a cost, but if I don't take to dripping, I've got an Ebay piece laying around. On the other hand, if I fall madly in love with it, it could be the start of another collection....lol

VaporOwl

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got my authentic Vulcan this past summer and I've been loving it. The airflow isn't gigantic, and it's designed for dual coils (single coil works but you'll get much more air since it has two opposed holes), but the flavor can be really nice if you find a good range, which .6-.7 most certainly will be. I'm running .4 single twisted coil now (28 or 30g, I don't remember) and it gives a wonderfully warm vape with good flavor and plenty of plumage.

What atomizer were you using before this?

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I got my authentic Vulcan this past summer and I've been loving it. The airflow isn't gigantic, and it's designed for dual coils (single coil works but you'll get much more air since it has two opposed holes), but the flavor can be really nice if you find a good range, which .6-.7 most certainly will be. I'm running .4 single twisted coil now (28 or 30g, I don't remember) and it gives a wonderfully warm vape with good flavor and plenty of plumage.

What atomizer were you using before this?
I've been using Kayfuns & Taifuns, on Stingrays since I started vaping....

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
And I'm pretty frustrated with Kayfuns, I've tried more wicking, less wicking, hotter coils, cooler ones, all the same, after 2-3 draws, burnt. Pissing me off too.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Good choice Daniel. The Vulcan is one of the best for flavor. I have bought and sold quite a few drippers after very little use. The Vulcan is the only one I have kept and still enjoy using. So much so that I am thinking about getting a second one in black.

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just caught my misspelling, that was due to auto correct. I was on my phone at the time. What I meant to spell was wicking. I've sruggled with so many different types, and amounts of wicking, it drives me crazy. Currently using Angel Hair, which seems to stay very wet no matter how much you chain vape, so I'm thinking it could just be the juice that's giving me the issue. And I've tried different sizes of coils too, so I'm narrowing the culprit down slowly.

Got high hopes for this Vulcan that's coming, so much that if it tops the Kayfuns, I don't see any need to buy any others.

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't know, maybe I need to use the 18500 batteries instead of the 18650's. Maybe the bigger batteries just heat things up too much, too quick...

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well, I got my new Vulcan dripper today, & after watching a few videos on building it, I managed to build myself a .05 set of coils, & start dripping. I have to say I was really amazed at the flavor it put out, plus the billowing clouds! My wife thought I had set the room on fire...lol. So now, comes the dilemma as to whether or not to keep all of my Kayfuns & Taifuns.

I was thinking maybe I would keep them, and use them where I cannot feasibly drip, like when I am driving. Also, I need to figure out about how many drips I can put into the resevoir, being it's not a fill and go tank anymore. Everything in time I suppose. I don't think I'll collect them like I have the Kayfuns, since it's so much easir to swap juices when I want to change flavors, it's not like I have to tear down the entire setup and start over....

My wife is happy that I don't feel the need to collect as many drippers as I have juice for my mods, so that would be a money saver. I do however, want to explore the possibility of some other drippers that might be as good as the Vulcan in performance or flavor enhancing though. Anybody have any suggestions?

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, I got my new Vulcan dripper today, & after watching a few videos on building it, I managed to build myself a .05 set of coils, & start dripping. I have to say I was really amazed at the flavor it put out, plus the billowing clouds! My wife thought I had set the room on fire...lol. So now, comes the dilemma as to whether or not to keep all of my Kayfuns & Taifuns.

I was thinking maybe I would keep them, and use them where I cannot feasibly drip, like when I am driving. Also, I need to figure out about how many drips I can put into the resevoir, being it's not a fill and go tank anymore. Everything in time I suppose. I don't think I'll collect them like I have the Kayfuns, since it's so much easir to swap juices when I want to change flavors, it's not like I have to tear down the entire setup and start over....

My wife is happy that I don't feel the need to collect as many drippers as I have juice for my mods, so that would be a money saver. I do however, want to explore the possibility of some other drippers that might be as good as the Vulcan in performance or flavor enhancing though. Anybody have any suggestions?

I would not get rid of your RTA's. Unless you can commit to be a dedicated dripper. That is something I can't do. I love my tanks. I don't like to carry extra juice. For me the Vulcan stays at home most of the time for testing new flavors and using my less than favorite juices that I don't want to commit a full tank to.

As far as filling the Vulcan you can put quite a bit of juice in it. The air holes sit well above the lip of the juice well. So unless you are tilting it at a 90° angle, you will be fine.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered some more 26 ga., and some 24 to try that out on duals. Since this is my first dripper ever, it's going to be a big experiment for me. I'm a flavor & taste freak, and I've been on my Stingrays & Nemesis for awhile. Kinda feel like I've gotten too used to the taste I get from them, so hoping I didn't waste my money on the Vulcan. It's supposed to be a high end, high quality dripper, so I went ahead and bought it.

It wasn't that big of a cost, but if I don't take to dripping, I've got an Ebay piece laying around. On the other hand, if I fall madly in love with it, it could be the start of another collection....lol
To reach 0.7 ohm with dual coils using 24AWG you will need around 20 wraps!

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I would not get rid of your RTA's. Unless you can commit to be a dedicated dripper. That is something I can't do. I love my tanks. I don't like to carry extra juice. For me the Vulcan stays at home most of the time for testing new flavors and using my less than favorite juices that I don't want to commit a full tank to.

As far as filling the Vulcan you can put quite a bit of juice in it. The air holes sit well above the lip of the juice well. So unless you are tilting it at a 90° angle, you will be fine.
Steve, you know, I was thinking the same thing, I'm not 100% ready to commit to dripping only, but I do love what the Vulcan does. I bought the Vulcan because a real good friend of mine kept on me about how much I would love it, and would throw my RTA's out if I just tried it...He was right about loving it, but no way am I gonna toss my tanks, I mean, I've got a shitload of fundulation tied up in them, and they are so convienient, for those times I cannot drip.

I've been thinking about buying a copper one to go with my copper Stingray, & use it for one of my juices that I am obsessed with, but it might be just as easy to burn off or just change the wicking when I want to change juices. Still reading & trying to absorb all the info I can about it. Looked at other drippers, but my friend said that the Vulcan is the Ferrari of drippers, & nothing else will come close to the level of joy it gives, so I kinda pushed the idea of buying a different brand of dripper out of my head. No sense buying something if I'm not sure it will be as good as the Vulcan.

The funniest shit happened this morning, I was gonna un to the grocer for a case of my pop, & I took the Vulcan with me. I started up my truck, and then took a drag on the Vulcan. A good drag. And I swear o God, when I exhaled, the inside of my truck looked like a Cheech & Chong scene, full of smoke, & unable to see in or out. Had to wait until the vapor cleared before I could get out of my driveway. lmao. So yeah, the Vulcan might not be the best tool for dripping and driving...lol

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
To reach 0.7 ohm with dual coils using 24AWG you will need around 20 wraps!
I could have typed it wrong, I put it on my SVD, and tsted the build, and it said 0.5A, so that was my typing error. Sorry for the confusion.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I could have typed it wrong, I put it on my SVD, and tsted the build, and it said 0.5A, so that was my typing error. Sorry for the confusion.
In the SVD 0.5A means 0.5R for resistance, so 0.5 Ohm, it has a simple display.
Also for sub ohm i would advise to get an ohm meter that shows two digits after the decimal point.

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
In the SVD 0.5A means 0.5R for resistance, so 0.5 Ohm, it has a simple display.
Also for sub ohm i would advise to get an ohm meter that shows two digits after the decimal point.
Ok, well, I've had 2, but they just did not last long at all. So, I'm trying to find a decent quality one that will last longer than a couple of months.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Steve, you know, I was thinking the same thing, I'm not 100% ready to commit to dripping only, but I do love what the Vulcan does. I bought the Vulcan because a real good friend of mine kept on me about how much I would love it, and would throw my RTA's out if I just tried it...He was right about loving it, but no way am I gonna toss my tanks, I mean, I've got a shitload of fundulation tied up in them, and they are so convienient, for those times I cannot drip.

I've been thinking about buying a copper one to go with my copper Stingray, & use it for one of my juices that I am obsessed with, but it might be just as easy to burn off or just change the wicking when I want to change juices. Still reading & trying to absorb all the info I can about it. Looked at other drippers, but my friend said that the Vulcan is the Ferrari of drippers, & nothing else will come close to the level of joy it gives, so I kinda pushed the idea of buying a different brand of dripper out of my head. No sense buying something if I'm not sure it will be as good as the Vulcan.

The funniest shit happened this morning, I was gonna un to the grocer for a case of my pop, & I took the Vulcan with me. I started up my truck, and then took a drag on the Vulcan. A good drag. And I swear o God, when I exhaled, the inside of my truck looked like a Cheech & Chong scene, full of smoke, & unable to see in or out. Had to wait until the vapor cleared before I could get out of my driveway. lmao. So yeah, the Vulcan might not be the best tool for dripping and driving...lol

Like I said I have been through many drippers. Just didn't do much for me. I tried the Vulcan and love it. Does exactly what I want. Awesome flavor and decent vapor. I am gonna be grabbing a black one soon to go with my rDNA. I thought about giving the Infinite CLT V2 a try as well. Has the same juice well as the Vulcan but has a dual center post like the Helios.

Tap'd from my LG G2

sgibby88

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Like I said I have been through many drippers. Just didn't do much for me. I tried the Vulcan and love it. Does exactly what I want. Awesome flavor and decent vapor. I am gonna be grabbing a black one soon to go with my rDNA. I thought about giving the Infinite CLT V2 a try as well. Has the same juice well as the Vulcan but has a dual center post like the Helios.

Tap'd from my LG G2

can you post your results on how you like it with your rdna? I have an rdna as well and just recently purchased a nemesis clone. just waiting on my batteries to arrive

MEENMAN83

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The ivogo little boy is pretty good its 25 from rbavapors and 101vape has one for 19 however its not as good. The darkhorse from 101vape is good airy and solid flavor...I need lots of airflow though however i still get great flavor

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
can you post your results on how you like it with your rdna? I have an rdna as well and just recently purchased a nemesis clone. just waiting on my batteries to arrive

I only use the Vulcan on MY rDNA. I build it too low to work on my Provari. Unless I build it single coil. Works great. Don't have any mech mods.

Tap'd from my LG G2

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Daniel, I drip at home but on the go I use an orchid. Much better than a single coil kayfun style atty, close in performance to a dripper, but its a tank that you can drive with without running over the neighbors dog because you were dripping instead of looking where you were going.

Also, size and power of your battery will not make any difference in the burnt taste. Your atty dictates what power is being pulled out of them, they don't push all of their available power. You just have to make sure the batt has the capability to provide what your build will ask of them.

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Daniel, I drip at home but on the go I use an orchid. Much better than a single coil kayfun style atty, close in performance to a dripper, but its a tank that you can drive with without running over the neighbors dog because you were dripping instead of looking where you were going.

Also, size and power of your battery will not make any difference in the burnt taste. Your atty dictates what power is being pulled out of them, they don't push all of their available power. You just have to make sure the batt has the capability to provide what your build will ask of them.
I'm wanting to check out the orchid, but in a way, it seems like it would be the same as having a tank, but I am gonna look into it. I still have my Stingrays, & I started pairing them up with a Taifun because it seemed like I was getting better flavor from the Taifuns.....On the Kayfuns....I'm thinking the burnt was plainly my fault,

I vape strictly all bakery flavors, with the exception of a few fruit flavors, & apparently, my Kayfuns do not like sub-ohm builds. So I took the Kayfuns, and ditched the sub-ohm coils, & rebuilt with coils from 1.0 to 1.3. And I seemed to have a tremendous increase in flavor, & no burnt, so, it's a matter of learning as you go.

My Taifuns were changed to builds in the range of 0.06 to 0.08, & that helped as well. So, with me changing everything up, I don't anticipate any burnt taste unless I hot box the mod...lol, & we know that won't work either. But I am a chain vaper, I keep either a mod or a dripper in my hand or very close proximity to me all day.

And my main dripper, my Vulcan is one hell of a cloud machine! I don't even have to take a real hard draw & it clouds up the office...lol. Really love the Vulcan, it's exactly what I wanted. I might try out the CLT v.2, don't know yet, still reading up on it. But the deep juice wells are a wonderful idea! :)

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The orchid is a tank, that's why it is more convenient when you're away from home. But it is light years beyond a kayfun or taifun single coil. Its a dual coil with lots of air flow (for a tank) and it does blow clouds.

Yeah, kayfuns are not built for an aggressive build 1.0 is the lowest imo.

Bakery flavors are all I vape too but I do vape a fruit every couple days to keep my palette awake. If you like deserts, you gotta try interstate vape 24 juice. Golden elixir of the gods!

I have the CLT V2 and absolutely love it.

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The orchid is a tank, that's why it is more convenient when you're away from home. But it is light years beyond a kayfun or taifun single coil. Its a dual coil with lots of air flow (for a tank) and it does blow clouds.

Yeah, kayfuns are not built for an aggressive build 1.0 is the lowest imo.

Bakery flavors are all I vape too but I do vape a fruit every couple days to keep my palette awake. If you like deserts, you gotta try interstate vape 24 juice. Golden elixir of the gods!

I have the CLT V2 and absolutely love it.
I think I will try the Interstate Vape....sounds very good..:)

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just bought an authentic Vulcan dripper, in black, to go on my black Stingray, & I'll be twisting up some Kanthal A1 & 5 - 6 wraps, hoping to get about 6 - 7 ohms, maybe. This is the first time I have ever tried dripping, I've always been pretty much strictly on mechs, but I'm feeling the need to try something different. It'll be here in a couple of days, so time to check out some building videos & pack in some more info on the brain.

Hope everyone has a great week...:)
Daniel hope this helps to figure how your ohms it wil be close use http://www.steam-engine.org that way you can get real close has calculations
for all kinds os stuff nice interface. I use it all the time when I started doing twisted I surely needed it

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I think I will try the Interstate Vape....sounds very good..:)

You gotta try Good Life Vapor's Deadly Sin Daniel.

And I am still thinking about trying the Infinite CLT v2 as well. Just dunno if I need it since I'm not a frequent dripper and my Vulcan does just fine.

Tap'd from my LG G2

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

And I am still thinking about trying the Infinite CLT v2 as well. Just dunno if I need it since I'm not a frequent dripper and my Vulcan does just fine.

Tap'd from my LG G2
Yeah the Vulcan is fine vaping some cafe expresso on it now. I ordered the Lancia clone I am curious with those crazy air hole things coming up if its going to be like the Magma I have way to many RDA's I melted my Plumveil and for some reason I am not even upset... hahaha the delrin melted as I was dumb and did not lock my copper Overdose :)

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Tap'd from my LG G2
Went to their website & put it on my favorites. Alot of their juices sound very interesting & the reviews just made me want to try them all the more. So, I might start out with small bottles to test them, then we'll see.

And I'm finding that I'm going to my Vulcan a little more each day. I'm thinking about changing the coils to maybe a 0.7 to 0.8, but don't know yet. But thinking if I do, it might add to the flavor, with not burning the coils so hot...what do you think?

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Went to their website & put it on my favorites. Alot of their juices sound very interesting & the reviews just made me want to try them all the more. So, I might start out with small bottles to test them, then we'll see.

And I'm finding that I'm going to my Vulcan a little more each day. I'm thinking about changing the coils to maybe a 0.7 to 0.8, but don't know yet. But thinking if I do, it might add to the flavor, with not burning the coils so hot...what do you think?

That is the range I run mine at and get great flavor. I don't feel the need to go any lower.

red6

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The best RDA I found for flavor to start with is the Magma. It's easy to build on and has a massive well.
I personally like building between a 0.3 and a 0.5 for flavor.

Something else you can try I like it.
Use 26 and 28 gage twisted tight. 4 wraps and taste everything all day.
On a single coil I go to 6 wraps and get everything I want in that and use half the juice

VU Sponsors