Become a Patron!

Triton Bad Taste

Hi all, I'm new to this but I picked up the Triton tank from Aspire a couple weeks ago. I run it with my iStick 30. I can't taste the flavor of my juice at all. I only get a caustic or metallic flavor. I'm using the .4 ohm coil (second one I've tried) around 27W/3.4V. When I use the exact same juice in my Aspire K1 1.8 ohm coil at 12.1W/4.8V the flavor is good.

Am I doing something wrong? Should I give up on the Triton and look at a different tank like the Melo from Eleaf?

I read something suggesting that loosening the tank from the base enough that the holes line up can help. I tried it and it seemed to help for a bit, but not very much.

I don't think it's vaper's tongue since a higher resistance at appropriate W and V has good flavor.

Any help would be appreciated.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi all, I'm new to this but I picked up the Triton tank from Aspire a couple weeks ago. I run it with my iStick 30. I can't taste the flavor of my juice at all. I only get a caustic or metallic flavor. I'm using the .4 ohm coil (second one I've tried) around 27W/3.4V. When I use the exact same juice in my Aspire K1 1.8 ohm coil at 12.1W/4.8V the flavor is good.

Am I doing something wrong? Should I give up on the Triton and look at a different tank like the Melo from Eleaf?

I read something suggesting that loosening the tank from the base enough that the holes line up can help. I tried it and it seemed to help for a bit, but not very much.

I don't think it's vaper's tongue since a higher resistance at appropriate W and V has good flavor.

Any help would be appreciated.
Is that a Nickle coil? NI?

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've got it well primed, the cotton is wet to the touch, in the shop the guy saturated it pretty well and then we waited a good 15 minutes after that before I even tried it. I've been letting it sit overnight with juice in it... The taste isn't so much burnt as metallic.
Just make sure its Stainless I do know they make Nickle coils.. Some do report a odd taste I have no experience with the Triton coils .. Some people do have sensitivities I myself cannot use Nickle at all I taste it immediately

Just make sure its Stainless I do know they make Nickle coils.. Some do report a odd taste I have no experience with the Triton coils .. Some people do have sensitivities I myself cannot use Nickle at all I taste it immediately

Interesting. I'll double check that and make sure. That sure would explain things.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Do you have the fill holes closed?

Nah, everything looks like it should be in good shape. I even made sure the holes line up as best they can with the holes in the coil. I've tried loosening the tank from the base as someone elsewhere recommended, didn't really help, more air, less air, nothing makes it taste less caustic/metallic. I might try one of those gold coils and see if that helps... anyone have experience with those? Am I throwing good money at bad, though?

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nah, everything looks like it should be in good shape. I even made sure the holes line up as best they can with the holes in the coil. I've tried loosening the tank from the base as someone elsewhere recommended, didn't really help, more air, less air, nothing makes it taste less caustic/metallic. I might try one of those gold coils and see if that helps... anyone have experience with those? Am I throwing good money at bad, though?
What do you mean Gold coils ?

teeroy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I run mine at 60w with the .4 coils and it tastes fine, I went down to 27w and barely get a puff let alone any taste.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
@teeroy So have I... lol.. that's why I thought of it.

I've been using Atlantis .5 coils in mine :)

So it turns out the problem was that there must be something in the juice I was using that doesn't work well in a sub ohm tank, even at 20-30W. I got a different juice that tastes beautiful. Thanks for your help, all.

VU Sponsors