Trading group

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
So now all the deals go to a "Donators section"?...I maybe had a notion to donate as im learning alot on here but now feel sort of forced to pay to "maybe not get screwed" to find something i may be interested in ,in a section thats already established for ALL members...You wont get my money now as im not going to be forced to pay money to find a deal on here with maybe a less chance of being screwed...i can find things in other places.

..Ive got 100 percent positive feedback myself..A shame there is no way to see it unless you want to scroll through 100 pages to find it...but im not giving 15 or 20 dollars away to buy a 10 dollar atty from someone whos traded before.

All this talk of worrying about new members, well dont trade or buy from them..pretty simple i think.

This new bright idea has changed my mind to want to donate.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
So now all the deals go to a "Donators section"?...I maybe had a notion to donate as im learning alot on here but now feel sort of forced to pay to "maybe not get screwed" to find something i may be interested in ,in a section thats already established for ALL members...You wont get my money now as im not going to be forced to pay money to find a deal on here with maybe a less chance of being screwed...i can find things in other places.

..Ive got 100 percent positive feedback myself..A shame there is no way to see it unless you want to scroll through 100 pages to find it...but im not giving 15 or 20 dollars away to buy a 10 dollar atty from someone whos traded before.

All this talk of worrying about new members, well dont trade or buy from them..pretty simple i think.

I completely agree.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okies then never mind the one in the donators area..
just stay here.. issue resolved and no pressure to donate at all.. :)

me, i donated because i wanted to.. to help support the hard work around here with the trolls, whiners, and more..
even tho it was only a lil bit.. i hope someone on staff at least got a beer or something..

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

me, i donated because i wanted to.. to help support the hard work around here with the trolls, whiners, and more..
even tho it was only a lil bit.. i hope someone on staff at least got a beer or something..
There is something to be said about donating, its a great idea to help support this great site! Since not everyone isn't going to donate $25 per year to access the private area, you are limiting your trading partners. Just sayin!

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Rating - 100%
22   0   0

I have zero issues with anyone who wants to donate..my issue is with now it seems like i have to be forced to donate to now be able to find any good deals as most of it will go to a "DONATERS ONLY" section..why all of a sudden all new members are scammers or because no one has made a trade before makes them a scammer... apparently its a problem all of a sudden but no one can speak of being scammed..maybe because they traded with people they know like they always have in a section thats been up since VU has been up that was free...*shrugs.

best of luck with it.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have zero issues with anyone who wants to donate..my issue is with now it seems like i have to be forced to donate to now be able to find any good deals as most of it will go to a "DONATERS ONLY" section..why all of a sudden all new members are scammers or because no one has made a trade before makes them a scammer... apparently its a problem all of a sudden but no one can speak of being scammed..maybe because they traded with people they know like they always have in a section thats been up since VU has been up that was free...*shrugs.

best of luck with it.

then in that case, keep doing what works.. or go to the other area.. either or..
I only posted up because i see the yoyo-ing on this..
either way, someone will always complain.. I give.. off to find coffee.. ;)
wish you all the best..

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
After sleeping on this I'll bring up another idea, We came out with new badges, maybe after confirmed trades of members a badge can be added by admin to members that show they are confirmed traders, I know this sounds like what another forum does, but it may be a solution to this as well.

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
After sleeping on this I'll bring up another idea, We came out with new badges, maybe after confirmed trades of members a badge can be added by admin to members that show they are confirmed traders, I know this sounds like what another forum does, but it may be a solution to this as well.
So how would you keep track of who has traded what, and what would be the requirements for such a badge?

T

Taver13

also, would we have to start from scratch to get it, or would our previous feedback on the feedback thread be taken into consideration

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

All this talk of worrying about new members, well don't trade or buy from them..pretty simple i think.

Okay, I'm not trying to start a flame war, or upset anyone here, but I don't understand how this has changed your mind to want to donate. You either feel that your donation will be going towards the good of VU overall, or you don't.

The idea that a forum thread could be created in the "Donor's Section" was simply that, an idea. As a donor, one of the benefits is the ability to ask for a private thread, private chat room, etc. It was simply another option that was put on the table for discussion and consideration. It was not put out there to "force" people to donate.

If you find enough value on VU to want to see it thrive and continue, then donate. If you don't see the value or simply don't wish to support at a paid level, then don't donate. Simple.

I, for one, can't afford to donate right now. I am paying for 3 college tuitions currently and have to put my small amount of disposable income into my vaping habit, it's what keeps me from smoking. I buy used stuff in forums, instead of paying full retail, because I need to stretch my vape budget as far as possible.

When my situation changes, and I can spare some cash, I will be a "Donor", not because I want the benefits but because I feel it is a worthy cause to donate to. Until then, I will continue to enjoy the vast knowledge available here on VU to the general public. I will do my part to add to the collective knowledge and give back to this community as much as I take from it.

As always, this is simply my $0.02 on the subject. I hope it helps.

T

Taver13

Okay, I'm not trying to start a flame war, or upset anyone here, but I don't understand how this has changed your mind to want to donate. You either feel that your donation will be going towards the good of VU overall, or you don't.

The idea that a forum thread could be created in the "Donor's Section" was simply that, an idea. As a donor, one of the benefits is the ability to ask for a private thread, private chat room, etc. It was simply another option that was put on the table for discussion and consideration. It was not put out there to "force" people to donate.

If you find enough value on VU to want to see it thrive and continue, then donate. If you don't see the value or simply don't wish to support at a paid level, then don't donate. Simple.

I, for one, can't afford to donate right now. I am paying for 3 college tuitions currently and have to put my small amount of disposable income into my vaping habit, it's what keeps me from smoking. I buy used stuff in forums, instead of paying full retail, because I need to stretch my vape budget as far as possible.

When my situation changes, and I can spare some cash, I will be a "Donor", not because I want the benefits but because I feel it is a worthy cause to donate to. Until then, I will continue to enjoy the vast knowledge available here on VU to the general public. I will do my part to add to the collective knowledge and give back to this community as much as I take from it.

see...you dontated $.02! your on your way! :p;)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

that was very very nicely said, @DevAuto :) thank you!

i think that was what I was trying to say too.. ;)

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I agree if we do badges then our previous feedback should go towards this .
I would also agree with that. The question becomes one of management of this process, it will (at least initially) put a large burden on the UV staff, someone is going to have to verify previous feedback for anyone requesting this badge. How can we make it easier on them?

Perhaps part of the badge request could be to provide reference to the feedback post number where feedback was given? For example, if I am requesting the badge, and I have prior feedback, then it is my responsibility to go find the feedback post and submit it with the request. Maybe something like the following.

"Please award me the Trader's badge, I have positive feedback you can verify in the feedback forum under post #32, 74, 111, and 212."

Vash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
The only problem would be the people that have had a few different transactions and feed back has not been left by either party..
True which I'm guilty of myself lol as I some times forget too or get caught up with stuff .
I have no problem going back and correcting this :) In fact need to do it for you Pancho as we have had nothing but easy smooth trades and sales .

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The only problem would be the people that have had a few different transactions and feed back has not been left by either party..
Agreed, this is a problem. I only have a single transaction in here, and while I left positive feedback for the seller, there is no feedback for me as the buyer.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
12   0   0

Intention and result are two very different things. The intention was to make a venue where people could trade freely without having to worry about getting screwed. It would make sense to relegate this to a donator only area and to require a personal recommendation from reliable VU members.

The result is either donate to be a part of the 'good trading group', or be excluded.

I can see both sides of the argument because they both have merit. The members of the group have every right to being secure in their trades, but the excluded also have the right to feel slighted if their membership is based on a donation and not their actual track record.

I think we all can feel positively about giving back to a community that has done so much for us (I know I do). Though, being required to donate to prove reliability in a group will make people feel 'forced' into it.

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
True which I'm guilty of myself lol as I some times forget too or get caught up with stuff .
I have no problem going back and correcting this :) In fact need to do it for you Pancho as we have had nothing but easy smooth trades and sales .
The only reason I stated it was because I am guilty of it as well. I'm horrible at remembering to leave it.

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would also be interested in being in a traders group. I have given to people seeking help, many times. Usually these items were something I no longer used, or bought and didn't enjoy. There has been no feedback on these items, other than a thank you or two in PMs. I also have bought (1000s of dollars worth) from vendors advertised here, and a few VU members, but have no verifiable feedback. How would I get included in this list?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
The only reason I stated it was because I am guilty of it as well. I'm horrible at remembering to leave it.
I know man,didn't take it like you were calling me out on it lol.

Also once we had done first trade felt no need after that since that trust was built so that adds to me forgetting to do it.

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I know man,didn't take it like you were calling me out on it lol.

Also once we had done first trade felt no need after that since that trust was built so that adds to me forgetting to do it.
Sweet I was hoping you didn't take it that way lol. But yeah I felt the same. there was really no need after we did the initial trade trust was established

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe..... since they have a donators group.. perhaps they can make a separate one for only trading.. or buy-sell-trade.
that would resolve it all. members can pay their dues to join.

get together and figure out a join fee.. and pay a percentage to the site for space allowances. like a tip or thank you.
that would go towards helping maintain your site area, as well as monitoring anything that would need to be taken care of..

make some rules up.. act like it is a trader's club.. just a few more thoughts..
and yes, I might be interested in something like that too.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Maybe..... since they have a donators group.. perhaps they can make a separate one for only trading.. or buy-sell-trade.
that would resolve it all. members can pay their dues to join.

get together and figure out a join fee.. and pay a percentage to the site for space allowances. like a tip or thank you.
that would go towards helping maintain your site area, as well as monitoring anything that would need to be taken care of..

make some rules up.. act like it is a trader's club.. just a few more thoughts..
and yes, I might be interested in something like that too.
Honestly, I think the badge idea is a better idea at this point. There is already a forum for buying/selling/trading, and with all the hurt feelings out there over this issue, perhaps it's better to just come up with a system to use what is already in place.

T

Taver13

I would also be interested in being in a traders group. I have given to people seeking help, many times. Usually these items were something I no longer used, or bought and didn't enjoy. There has been no feedback on these items, other than a thank you or two in PMs. I also have bought (1000s of dollars worth) from vendors advertised here, and a few VU members, but have no verifiable feedback. How would I get included in this list?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i vouch for jim any day of the week, awesome trustworthy dude, on of the best on here

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I can tell by the way you are posting in this thread with one another that I wouldn't think twice before I shipped first to any one of you. I have only traded one time and that was for my Duke V1 for a vaporshark.
I guess I could count the ton of juice that Smoky sent me.
But she wasn't really expecting me to send her a box full of mods and attys.
By the way.
Make sure you let me know when you get your package Smoky.
I want to know if you like the mystery items I sent you.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
So how would you keep track of who has traded what, and what would be the requirements for such a badge?

I added my idea to the request thread, these questions can be asked to admin, if they even can do this.
We will be having a meeting coming up soon and I'll make sure this is on the agenda to discuss, I can't promise anything but I will bring it up, ultimately it is admin that makes the decisions.:)

Last edited:

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I added my idea to the request thread, these questions can be asked to admin, if they even can do this.
We will be having a meeting coming up soon and I'll make sure this is on the agenda to discuss, I can't promise anything but I will bring it up, ultimately it is admin that makes the decisions.:)
Thank you @Whiskey ... you ROCK!

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
perhaps there can be a juice trade area too..
i'd be up for that.. :)

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Intention and result are two very different things. The intention was to make a venue where people could trade freely without having to worry about getting screwed. It would make sense to relegate this to a donator only area and to require a personal recommendation from reliable VU members.

The result is either donate to be a part of the 'good trading group', or be excluded.

I can see both sides of the argument because they both have merit. The members of the group have every right to being secure in their trades, but the excluded also have the right to feel slighted if their membership is based on a donation and not their actual track record.

I think we all can feel positively about giving back to a community that has done so much for us (I know I do). Though, being required to donate to prove reliability in a group will make people feel 'forced' into it.

Exactly..Ty Pauly...I picture somehow people not getting recognition soley because they havent "paid their way in" even though they made one transaction on here...Hardly a record for 100 percent trust...But i suppose a "buddy system" as seen already will make all the difference.

Again, i wont pay this site or any site with a false sense of im now "100 percent safe" because i paid my donation..Its a crock of BS...Maybe if VU has a guarantee that if you get screwed by a donating member they will refund your losses...HA, not likely to happen.

Ill take my chances with ANY form of buy sell or trade forum and keep my 25 dollars.

Maybe make it so only donators get a badge then maybe the DIY section could be next on the list for the EXCLUSIVE DONATOR SECTION ONLY and allow it as long as someone is willing to pay for it.

Money is an evil thing and once you get a little you want more and more of it and will cater to the ones willing to give it to you and wreck a good thing going here.

Last edited:

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Looks like we are moving on the add on. Should be a nice addition. Before we fully implement it on the forum im sure we will have some of you come in and try and find bugs, help us tweak it.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Again, i wont pay this site or any site with a false sense of im now "100 percent safe" because i paid my donation..Its a crock of BS...Maybe if VU has a guarantee that if you get screwed by a donating member they will refund your losses...HA, not likely to happen. Correct it won't happen, as with anything in life, there are no guarantees :)

Maybe make it so only donators get a badge then maybe the DIY section could be next on the list for the EXCLUSIVE DONATOR SECTION ONLY .

Nope, we aren't doing badges, so that is not a bitchable topic:)

Money is an evil thing and once you get a little you want more and more of it and will cater to the ones willing to give it to you and wreck a good thing going here.

If your not interested in trading gear, I guess you won't have to worry about any of the things your griping about :) Have a super duper day :)

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Looks like we are moving on the add on. Should be a nice addition. Before we fully implement it on the forum im sure we will have some of you come in and try and find bugs, help us tweak it.
Just let us know what you need. There shouldn't be a shortage of people willing to help.

VU Sponsors