Become a Patron!

Top airflow to prevent leaking?

levander

Member For 4 Years
i’m someone who’s had a lot of problems with leaking and have tried various things to stop it. Several months back, I bought a Smok X-Baby with top airflow. The top airflow is advertised as being a very leak resistant design. The X-Baby finally stopped my leaking issues.

The reason I have had leaking problems is I carry my mod everywhere with me in my pocket. But the worst is at night, my mod just ends up thrown somewhere on my bed because I’ll take a few puffs at night while reading. I’ve ruined three sets of sheets that way. I vape organic tobacco flavors, and the stain don’t come out. The several months I’ve had my X-Baby, I haven’t ruined one set of sheets.

But now it looks like Smok has discontinued the X-Baby and I’m wondering if I should switch tanks?

What’s a good, very leak resistant tank? That will hopefully still be around in a few years. It looks like Smok didn’t even keep producing the X-Baby for an entire year.

I’m probably just going to buy one of the X-Baby’s still on clearance. If I can find one in stainless steel. But I’m also wondering about getting leak-proof tanks in the future. Because these X-Baby’s aren’t gonna last forever.

I did notice there never were really very many top airflow tanks released on the market. And now Smok has discontinued their top airflow tank. I guess not very many people thought designing airflow to prevent leaks was as brilliant as I thought it was?

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't used top airflow Sub-ohm tanks besides the X Baby but here are some options:

1. Kaees Vane
2. Vaporesso Veco One plus
3. Aspire Cleito EXO

I'm not too sure about these though. I would say get a few X Baby beast tanks and some coils.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I had a baby Beast week straight out of the box. I had a baby Beast brother leak as well all through the air holes. I found the problem to be defective top fill seals. Even if the tank was new apparently the seal was thin in the fit was weak. After changing those top feel the seals out I had no issues with any of them. So for what it's worth I think it's back to the quality control issues being responsible for leaking. I purchase extra top fill seals online. And I have no problems with leaking and I carry my mods around a lot as well. I have a prince and I have not had any issues with that at all even the coils last quite a while. Trying to break away from smock but finances dictate what I can afford right now.

VU Sponsors