Too Much

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid - Recipes' started by EdwinBetz, Nov 7, 2019.

1. EdwinBetz

EdwinBetz Bronze Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I have been working on this Apple Strudel recipe for a while now and thought I had it worrked out on this last batch by not adding any cinnamon at all... but after vaping it for a week or so it's still coming out as a dominant flavor. The pastry/pie flavor is awesome for the first week or but cinnamon takes over. What can I add to or adjust to tone down the cinnamon? I dont want it totally gone as its part of the overall recipe, I just need to put it in its place.

[​IMG]

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

wildgypsy70 likes this.
  2. nadalama

nadalama Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    If I were to want to tone down cinnamon, and mind you, I'd NEVER want to tone down cinnamon, but if I did, I'd start with about 1.5% Loranne Cream Cheese Icing (or 0.75% Flavorah Frosting, but the Loranne would be my first choice).

3. Howard Hughes

Howard Hughes the way of the future.... VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Are you using FA or TFA Apple Pie? I have both, but I like the TFA better for ore of an apple taste. The TFA does have a cinnamon note to it, though & I like to use half as much FA Cookie in combination with it & it seems to tone it down some, while adding a little more of a "crust" flavor.

If you are also adding the cinnamon danish I see in your recipe, then I could see where you might get more cinnamon than you may want.

wildgypsy70 and MWorthington like this.
  4. SteveS45

SteveS45 Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    IMO 6% Cinnamon is a bit strong. I would start at maybe 1-2% and see how it goes after a week or so. Then take a sample and leave it for a month or more.

wildgypsy70 likes this.
  5. nadalama

nadalama Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I think I (mostly) agree here, I would reduce the Cinnamon Danish, but possibly not quite that low - I'd go to maybe 3.5% and then see if you need to lower it more. I'm sure more people would agree with Steve than would with me, but I mix heavier than most people here anyway. Just personal preference.

You could also go all the way to a bakery without cinnamon, like Cap Glazed Doughnut (I think it may have a small amount of spice in it, but I don't get cinnamon - possibly nutmeg), at about 2.5 to 3%. If you're sensitive to cinnamon, the apple pie may have enough of it for you.

6. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    I used to mix with recommend percentages but have cut them lately as the flavors are too strong. Just my personal experience and I have found if you keep raising it the more you need to taste it. Except for Nicotine with that I was going lower but slowly raising to now my ADV is at 4MG. Just my personal experience and not a How To For You~!

wildgypsy70 and nadalama like this.
  7. EdwinBetz

Blog Posts:
    I'm using TFA Apple Pie.

I have a CAP Sugar Cookie V2 and a TFA Pie Crust. Which do you think would be better to tone down the cinnamon m

wildgypsy70 likes this.
  8. EdwinBetz

Blog Posts:
    I'm not necessarily sensitive to cinnamon, it just tastes like someone crushed up a fireball and sprinkled it on the Apple Strudel...lol

Don't get me wrong, I love fireballs, just not with Apple Strudel.

wildgypsy70 and nadalama like this.
  9. wildgypsy70

wildgypsy70 My son calls me "vape mom" Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    Lol! I’m late to the party! So I agree with everyone. Drop the Cinnamon Danish. I’m not familiar with tfa Apple pie? Is there enough Apple? Is that what the Green Apple is for? Flavorah makes a stellar Apple pie filling.....

Do you have a flavor stash? It would be good to see what you have so a good sub or addition could be found.

Howard Hughes likes this.
  10. EdwinBetz

Blog Posts:
    I have a flavor stash on the E-Liquid Recipes App, but it won't let me export or link my stash list. I took screenshots and created link in Google Photos so here is my stash list...

https://photos.app.******/7TFeZ4aAp1m2XTt78

https://photos.app.******/7TFeZ4aAp1m2XTt78

11. EdwinBetz

Blog Posts:
  12. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    Links don't work buddy.

wildgypsy70 likes this.
  13. EdwinBetz

Blog Posts:
    Here's 9...lol...I guess I'll do it the long way...[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. EdwinBetz

Blog Posts:
    9 more[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

15. EdwinBetz

Blog Posts:
    Last one...Good thing I only have a small collection. I'm looking into a different e-juice soy site that's online so I can share stuff easier. Hopefully I find one soon.[​IMG]

16. EdwinBetz

Blog Posts:
    .[​IMG]

17. wildgypsy70

wildgypsy70 My son calls me "vape mom" Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    Ok. I would start by dropping the Cinnamon Danish to 3%. See what that does before adding things. It just might do it.....

Or you could try adding a cream....just a touch to take the edge off. But I think, in the end, dropping the Cinnamon Danish should be your first move.

Howard Hughes and EdwinBetz like this.
  18. Howard Hughes

Howard Hughes the way of the future.... VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    While I'm a fan of TFA Pie Crust, it really didn't work that well in my Apple Strudel recipe. Like you, I used TFA Apple Pie (at 7% though) & I have 1% FA Cookie & 2% CAP Sugar Cookie helping it out. If I hadn't have had the FA Cookie, I probably would use the CAP Sugar Cookie somewhere between 2.5 & 3% to help out the Apple Pie. I rarely have taken Cinnamon Danish past 3.5% too.

EdwinBetz and wildgypsy70 like this.
  19. EdwinBetz

Blog Posts:
    Ok. Thanks. I will add a little CAP sugar coockie to this batch (still have about 40ml left). Like I said, I thought I had it...lol...Its doesn't taste bad bad it's just heavy on the cinnamon for my taste. I will adjust the cinnamon danish in 15ml batch I'm making tonight.

Howard Hughes likes this.
  20. MichelleTearsofCrimson

MichelleTearsofCrimson Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    I'm definitely in agreement with Loranne Cream Cheese Icing, after four years I STILL can't find a replacement for that flavor and back when I could vape cinnamon I usually had the cream cheese icing in the mix. I haven't yet tried Flavorah Frosting so I can't give an opinion there. Something else of note instead of cinnamon danish, have you ever considered this oldy but goody? ONE STOP FLAVORS - BAKED CINNAMON ROLL It really worked better for me than cinnamon danish back in the day.

Howard Hughes and nadalama like this.
  21. MichelleTearsofCrimson

MichelleTearsofCrimson Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    I just saw you have that Baked Cinnamon roll in your stash I'd try that at 6%. Give that a try with Lorann cream cheese icing (I use it at 1.50%) TFA's apple pie at 4% and maybe a touch of the green apple 2% (I wish you had another apple here honestly) Dragon fruit 1% to make the apple pop a little and mix everything in. just a suggestion :)

RonJS and nadalama like this.