Todd Howard Pitched George Lucas on an Indiana Jones Game 12 Years Ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
One of the more surprising game announcements from earlier this year was that Machine Games is working on an Indiana Jones game with Todd Howard attached as producer. In a new interview, Howard says he’s been trying to get an Indiana Jones game off the ground for a little over 10 years.

Speaking with The Telegraph, Howard says he’s “super-excited” about the upcoming Indiana Jones game he’s working on. Howard pointed to a mini-replica of the Ark of the Covenant from Raiders of the Lost Ark from his office desk. An Indiana Jones memorabilia was actually the first hint Howard was involved in such a project.

[ignvideo url="https://www.ign.com/videos/2021/01/12/indiana-jones-bethesda-game-official-teaser"]
Howard, it turns out, is a big Indiana Jones fan. “I think I originally pitched [to George] Lucas in 2009 and I’ve been trying to find a way to make that [since],” Howard says. While attempts to get George Lucas himself to greenlight an Indy game didn't get off the ground, Howard finally succeeded with Lucasfilm's new parents, Disney.

12 years later, Howard is working with Machine Games who have spent the last couple of years making the new Wolfenstein games including New Order and New Colossus. “I think the work Machine Games have done, they’re just phenomenal developers and storytellers. And when I started talking to them about it, it was a good fit.”

Howard says they’ll have more to reveal about Indiana Jones in the future, but for now, says that Machine Games is “the best team in the world to pull this off and they’re doing a phenomenal job.”

[ignvideo url="https://www.ign.com/videos/2021/06/12/avatar-frontiers-of-pandora-announcement-trailer"]
Howard and Machine Games are working in collaboration with Lucasfilm Games, a recently revived brand that will work with multiple developers “in the Star Wars galaxy and beyond,” which in this case also includes Indiana Jones.

Lucasfilm Games has recently tapped Ubisoft Massive to work on a new Star Wars game. And Disney’s video game efforts seem to only be strengthening after revealing Ubisoft’s Avatar game and announcing a Pirates of the Caribbean DLC for Sea of Thieves.

Meanwhile, filming is underway for a brand new Indiana Jones movie, though star Harrison Ford recently suffered an on-set injury.

[poilib element="accentDivider"]
Matt T.M. Kim is IGN's News Editor.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors