Become a Patron!

Today was a good day, nothing but good vibes.

JLFROST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
How was your day, what made you smile today? get it off your mind.. positive vibes only thread

I was paid to drive around on the country back roads today ,
nothing but fresh spring air and the wide open road!!! No better way to have

ended a Friday!

43c74d44cdce548c153dbba5ef5f3404cb07c47100e173009a19edf27d8e7fd5.jpg

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A thread that deserves replies for sure...

I remember back in my banker days, getting up at 4:30 to be on a plane by 6, in a rent-a-car driving across the state by 9, checking into a hotel around 11 with 4 hours of overtime and 5 hours of double time racked up for doing not a lot more than cruising back roads, listening to music...good times.

Today? Helped a couple of veterans and their three kids move a step closer to owning a home. Tonight I'm spending time with my wife's grandmother helping her around the house while she deals with her chemo treatments, ending the day on her back porch with a cold bottle or four of Lagunitas and a warm vape of @wllmc 's cherry pie...can't beat time with family and the feeling that you're working to do something good for someone else.

Adrienne

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A kid I used to tutor, Andre, called me to tell me he got a college acceptance letter from his top pick. You couldn't find a tougher kid than Andre, and he couldn't stop crying from joy and relief.

Not too long ago, he kept failing classes and dropped out of high school. If I got into the massive shitstorm that was his family life and personal circumstances, it'd stray very, very far from the spirit of the thread, but the way in which he turned it all around is just incredible.

I've just been so happy for him and proud of him since he called. It's been a good day.

JLFROST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I am glad that the thread will help spread the good vibes!

Today I made the decision that I will buy the original
rear view mirror for my girlfriends dads Jaguar Type E after he broke the one that was already in it. He said it would cost him roughly $200 for the original so he does not want to spend that kind of money replacing just that part right now so he replaced it with another one that is not original.

I just know it kills him being that the part he put in it after breaking the first is not the original :( its going to make me happy, and hell be lost for words..

Last edited:

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nana was able to get up and move around some today, felt good enough to get out to the store with us and let me push her around while we stocked up on groceries for the next week when my mother-in-law takes over care while wifey and I go back to work and she won't have any backup...not a lot, but you really learn to celebrate the little things when you're fighting ugly demons...today was a good day.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
last couple of days have been fantastic for me..
made it to VaperSlam on Friday and got to see a bunch of people that I have been talking with online for a few years now..
the feeling was so fantastic! I had a blast! :) it was good to see them all..
I only wish I could have stayed the weekend.. next time! :)

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This thread deserves way more play than it's getting..

Came home, got the house clean, some laundry going, cooked a bomb dinner of blackened chicken taco salad, transcribed some of the interviews I did last week for one of the three articles I'm working on (all past or approaching deadline, but that's not part of this thread's good vibes)...today was productive, but still relaxing. It's a good day.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
i got all my mail out.. got my house cleaned up a bit and finally sitting here relaxing..

spending time with my son.. currently in the shower.. wooohoo!! bedtime soon and it's been a good day..
bout time.. good days to me so out weight the bad ones.. and well.. good to see them coming back to me..

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Warm day filled with sun shine and gentle wind.
I got up early (for me early is 9am) to replace the radiator in my son's truck, My neighbor said he could not sleep and he got up at 6am and had already replace the radiator. So I went to my shop and finished the EZGO engine I've been working on. All the parts went together with no problems.
I filled my tank with a juice that I won from VapingWatch, Mellow Melange, It's very nice and smooth, good flavor.

JLFROST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I guess it's not really surprising that Thursday was a nice, easy flowing kind day since it's one step away from Friday.
However, the boss man left work early along with a few other people and only a few of us remained so it became a relaxed environment.

Found $14 in my car that I completely forgot about, isn't that a great feeling though?

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Some of my mail came in.. I have my extended tank for my atlantis.. and..
mbv took back their defunct istick50w and my ipv mini 2 will be here tomorrow!!

Mixing day for me too, tomorrow.. so i have a few things to look forward to..

i am happy.. :)

it's been a good Thursday for me..

thanks @JohnnyHammersticks for this thread.. it's good to know happy days are happening to us all.. :)

JLFROST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Some of my mail came in.. I have my extended tank for my atlantis.. and..
mbv took back their defunct istick50w and my ipv mini 2 will be here tomorrow!!

Mixing day for me too, tomorrow.. so i have a few things to look forward to..

i am happy.. :)

it's been a good Thursday for me..

thanks @JohnnyHammersticks for this thread.. it's good to know happy days are happening to us all.. :)

I just figured I hear so many negative things whether it be at work or on the news, why not brighten thing's up a little?

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The tornados missed me, that's always a good thing. It blew down two fence panels and left trash in my back yard. Fixed the fence and picked up the trash.

rjmara

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Went to work this morning,it was raining and they said we were not going out,so I got the day off,and the weekend to boot!
It's been a great day.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Did you notice we got new badges under our names?
Is this a good thing?
I'm pretending/thinking that it is.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
It's Friday, a lot of good things happen on Fridays, where is everyone at ?

Here :p

Is this a good thing?

lol me too.. lookie, I am golden :D w00tzz!! :p

oh and I had a good thing for today..
my ipv mini 2 came in, and have been vaping the heck out of it :D

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When I look a few minutes ago almost everyone had badges, except you, Now I see you have a gold badge.
Also have fun with your new vape gear.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You might want to see a doctor about that. Unless you are a cartoon.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is this a good thing?
Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges! At least not me, since I'm still bronze, it appears...

Getting the junk room cleaned out today - a long process, but one that's long overdue. It's a good day.

JLFROST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I love the badges, they make me feel like I am apart of a community! it makes my day thank you VU

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally got around to replacing the nasty old faucet in the master bathroom, after the new one I bought has been staring at me from its box next to the sink for the last three weeks...today was a good day.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
yesterday was fantastic.. mixed a liter of my Peach Overload.. immediately 2 bottles are gone.. and babying one..
31 flavors of Peach Cobbler melting in my mouth lol.. damn i missed this juice.. I dont make it often enough..
I got to spend time with my son, make a dent in the house cleaning and took us both out to eat for dinner..
I hope today will be just as good.. looks like grass cutting day here :)

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Pulled the engine back out of my golf car, discovered a crack on the oil pump cover O ring, replaced it and put the engine back in, ran it for about 20 minutes and don't see any leak. I parked it for the night, getting ready to go see if I have any oil on the floor under it.
And,,,,,, it's sunny and 75 outside,,,,, time to go play,,,,,,,,

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally getting some business back in the pipeline, might be able to go back to helping people sell and finance homes rather than work on them. And I grilled up some excellent steaks and asparagus for dinner tonight (gas grills are against my religion and should be against yours, too) with a fresh salad from the patio garden. Today was a good day.

VU Sponsors