Become a Patron!

Tobh Mods next rda

Scooby

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Any Tobh lovers like myself excited for Jay-Bo's (the maker of the Tobh) next Atty ? Just saw he posted this on Ig and luckily one of the few shops that's gonna have it is about a half a mile from my house and I'm friends with the owner. Looks like it's named The bambino atty from the pic.
b8dcbfebe8fd08bc57e87b2dda73ec7d.jpg

Scooby

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
the "phantop" bambino cap for the derringer???
I believe he has been planning this atty for a few months due to his recent posts. I Actually tried to get a bambino cap for my derringer but no this is a completely new atty not just the bambino cap. It might have the same cap as the bambino cap but who knows. He actually has a few of the specs on his Ig page.

immafool

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
oooo you're right.. the "bambino atty".....

i'm pretty excited... i love my tobh v2.. it legit blows clouds... and its really simple to build and wick...

will keep my eyes and ears open for this one!!!

thanks for the good look scooby

Scooby

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
88e65e33e0283f94355868fe4cc10de8.jpg
65 bucks seems pretty good imo

Slicknic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'd love to see more pics of this rda. Currently, the tobh is my all day atty.

Scooby

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Lol I think the site crashed. But I'm probably gonna pick one up tomorrow or the day after. The vape shop by my house is one of the few that's getting them this week and I reserved one today.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol I think the site crashed. But I'm probably gonna pick one up tomorrow or the day after. The vape shop by my house is one of the few that's getting them this week and I reserved one today.
I got my order in 5 minutes after they posted them. They posted 100 pieces, and by the time I got checked out there were 70 left. I talked to a guy at Vaporholic and he said all the incoming calls crashed their phone system.. lol

I'd bet 90% of them never make it out of California

servercrash.jpg

Last edited:

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm actually interested in this. I have an Infinite Tobh V2 clone, and I really like it. The actual Tobh V2s are prohibitively priced and have extremely limited runs so they were never an option to me. This one looks interesting. $65 isn't terrible for an atty. I wouldn't even think about passing on it at $40. However, I'm worried about how many of these Tobh Mods/Jay-Bo will produce. They're already out of stock at VT. Still, I might be game for the second run depending on my available funds at the time.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm actually interested in this. I have an Infinite Tobh V2 clone, and I really like it. The actual Tobh V2s are prohibitively priced and have extremely limited runs so they were never an option to me. This one looks interesting. $65 isn't terrible for an atty. I wouldn't even think about passing on it at $40. However, I'm worried about how many of these Tobh Mods/Jay-Bo will produce. They're already out of stock at VT. Still, I might be game for the second run depending on my available funds at the time.
These are much different from that of a full sized atty like the Tobh v2 or any other one for that matter. Jay-Bo himself said he got the idea from the Praxis Derringer, and there is no doubt that he did. Did he improve on the Derringer design? Waits to be seen.
You might want to pick up a Derringer clone and see how you like this type of small atty. If you really like them, then stand by for the 2nd round if there is one. Rd 2 of Derringer's are supposed to be coming out in the next week also.
Seeing how the Bambino sold out in one night, the chinese clone attack won't be far behind

Scooby

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
0696a9468c54562ed904d79afcab20f5.jpg

cb401fcdee7280aa359ce76617b7d919.jpg

Pretty interesting. Wonder what the indestructable atty is going to be like.

Slicknic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Pretty interesting. Wonder what the indestructable atty is going to be like.

yup

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It seems Jaybo is pretty ADHD. Can't keep his mind on one thing very long before he's bored to tears and has to move on to something else. Might explain why he does a run of attys, then you don't see them anymore, until something new comes up.

Ohm Busters

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
anyone know where i can purchase additional center posts?

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone who got a bambino have this problem? (won't screw down) I'm sending this one back. Doesn't fit any mods other than a cheap loose fitting junk clone. Jay-bo is supposedly making me a new deck. None of my other 10 attys have this problem on this same mod.

jaybo3.jpg

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
guess they reached a point where originality is no longer possible.

Scooby

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Anyone who got a bambino have this problem? (won't screw down) I'm sending this one back. Doesn't fit any mods other than a cheap loose fitting junk clone. Jay-bo is supposedly making me a new deck. None of my other 10 attys have this problem on this same mod.

View attachment 15531
Nope and I have the same setup

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nope and I have the same setup
You have an authentic smpl mod? If it fits yours, then I guess I was the lucky one. I have several authentic RDA's including a derringer that fit the smpl's fine. Out of 1000 attys built, hard to believe mine is the only defective one.

Last edited:

Scooby

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You have an authentic smpl mod? If it fits yours, then I guess I was the lucky one. I have several authentic RDA's including a derringer that fit the smpl's fine. Out of 1000 attys built, hard to believe my is the only defective one.
Yep authentic stainless steel Smpl same exact setup as you.

Scooby

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks man, was really looking forward to trying it out. How is it working for you? What build you have in it?
Right now just a dual macro 24g on 1/8 bit about .25 ohms. I like it a lot flavor and vapor are both pretty good ! Good luck on your new base man.

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That thing looks great. The negative post do look interesring though, looks to me like you'll have to clamp down the wire with the screw.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm liking that!!! Gotta get one

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That thing looks great. The negative post do look interesring though, looks to me like you'll have to clamp down the wire with the screw.
And for 50 bucks? damn
Those negative post might make it easier. No more "threading the needle", except for the center

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

View attachment 15531
And just to update this. I got in touch with Jaybo and mailed this bambino deck to him. He mailed it back to me with a letter, saying thanks for your patients, and said he updated the center post with a slightly newer design. He's a stand up guy for sure.

(I have since bought an M7 x .5 tap and die set)

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Whose selling it?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The atty

Not the bambino, the taller one

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well, the only thing im seeing at jaybodesigns.com are tobh caps and the bambino. I don't see that other one with the jabo sleave.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, the only thing im seeing at jaybodesigns.com are tobh caps and the bambino. I don't see that other one with the jabo sleave.
He says in the instagram messages above, sometime the first week of May will be posted on the website. He was in Vegas at vape summit over the weekend.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thank you...

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Been loving the jaybo, 22g 8wraps dual coil at 68 w

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He's got a couple new things coming out. In the next couple days, a cool drip tip, a top airflow cap for the indestructable, and a series mech mod.

On the fence about the mech mod though. He partnered with Wismec in china to make it. Not that making it in china is a bad thing, but Wismec is owned by Joyetech (eleaf/ismoka), and I won't buy anything that has anything to do with that piece of shit company.

That said, the mech sounds pretty cool. Machined from AC aluminum, the fire button mechanism is by Epic Design (smpl mods), and will retail for less than 90 bucks. But fucking joyetech, damn

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah dude, under normal circumstances I feel the same about them. I had personal HORROR stories with joyetech products when I first was trying to switch from smoking. 3 of there products broke due to me being rough in a couple of weeks. A very close girlfriend of mine's mother just got diagnosed with coped, my gf has 3 kids and her sister just had one, so this lady desperately wants to try switching and tried some if my gear after my girl bought her an ego kit...... you know how that goes.
Well, I just put together a pif kit and I'm not giving a 67 year old woman a mechanical but I did admittingly find an idick40 for 25$ and fell guilty of cheating out. now I'm looking for something else or giving her a vsrdna40.

Anyways-sorry for the tangent-top airflow Cap would be on point!!!!! I would buy that in a nano-second love my aeolus v2.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hear ya. After the istick50 bullshit, and the way joyetech screwed hundreds, if not thousands of people by not coming clean with the defect, I'd be real nervous giving anyone a joyetech/eleaf product. Granted, Wismec is it's own company, and I wouldn't think Jaybo would associate himself with them if they produced a shit product, but.... Wismec is producing the "Presa" regulated mod, in both regular and TC. I saw a close-up picture and guess what? It has the iStick40 chip set in it.

Anyway. Here is a pict of the "Noisy Cricket" 18650 series mod (prototype), and in the background you can see one of his top airflow caps.

mod & cap.jpg

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I want that topcap yesterday !!!!!
The mod looks nice too, But damn I want the cap!!!!!

There was one idick mod that used a yihi sourced chip I thought.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I want that topcap yesterday !!!!!
The mod looks nice too, But damn I want the cap!!!!!

There was one idick mod that used a yihi sourced chip I thought.

Don't know about the yihi-stick...

If I see that cap go on sale in the next couple days, I will PM you immediately. I'm watching for it too, and I'm sure it will sell out quickly.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That is pretty sweet looking!!!! If I was all about the mechanicals I would have to get one. I'm just stocked up on those and really just don't use them a whole lot anymore with higher wattage regulated mods. I do still love my authentic mechs though

Please do!!!! I'll do the same!!!!
Did you ever find your authentic tobh?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I typed the last message and grabbed my flagship, put the jaybo on it and rescind that statement lol

VU Sponsors