Become a Patron!

Tobecco Coils burning out

so ive been vaping for about a year, i run a kaos and a smok alien mod with a super mini tank from tobecco. For a while the tank was great but then i started to get coils that wouldnt last me more than a few hours abd as long as one day. I usually buy packs of five from my local vape store and about 3/5 coils would give out after a few hours. I vape at a pretty modest watt range of 40-55 watts pending on the juice. My question is simple, do tobeco coils have a history of being bad? Am i missing something? Or am i just geting really bad bad bad luck?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Could be cloned coils. Have you bought any online from a reputable vape site?

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I haven't had bad tobeco coils. I do prime the coils before use. I also start at 20-25 watts. Take a couple of puffs. Then raise the wattage by 5W and take a few more hits. I keep going until I find the ideal wattage, which is around 45-55 watts.

My local shop buys legit straight from the source from tobeco and ive bought packs on their site too. Same results. My good friends that own the place practially replace my packs for free atleast three times a month and theyve complained to tobeco

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I haven't read anyone else having problems with the coils. I'd buy a different tank if this is happening continually.

I haven't read anyone else having problems with the coils. I'd buy a different tank if this is happening continually.

Unfortunately this looks like the case, my baby beast works fine i can have a coil last three weeks sometimes on that. Damn shame i love my rainbow color super mini. Any reasons why the entire tank would be to blame?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Unfortunately this looks like the case, my baby beast works fine i can have a coil last three weeks sometimes on that. Damn shame i love my rainbow color super mini. Any reasons why the entire tank would be to blame?
It's not the tank, it's shitty coils. I would still try buying one last box from someone else, just for shits and giggles, your vape shop may have clone coils.

It's not the tank, it's shitty coils. I would still try buying one last box from someone else, just for shits and giggles, your vape shop may have clone coils.
I have from tobeco them selves. They gave me a refund and two boxes for free. One box was fine one had 2 that hot spotted

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use these coils all the time, never had an issue, doubt it's the contact, have you used the tank on another mod? And what olm coils are they?

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd suggest you use your baby beast if your getting 3 weeks out of them, I think your getting a bad batch of coils. It happens all the time with factory coils, I doubt it'll be the tank or mod. More than likely a bad batch, authentic coils can still be defected.
Suggest trying to get coils from somewhere else an if the same thing happens try get a refund. I once had a defective gs air tank an they replaced for me. If you got it from the shop an they are not just money grabbers I'm sure they'll help you. I'm friends with both vape shops locally an they have always been helpful.
Good luck!

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Time for a different tank.
Agreed
I love the supertank. At one point I had 5 of them. But it's old technology. It's around 2 years old now. And they have made no changes to it since its' inception (not counting new colors). That's a long time with all the changes and development going on with Vaping.

It seems like some of the newer tanks are better in term of design, build quality, and coil life. I regularly hear of tanks with 1+ month of coil life. The money you save by having a coil last over a month vs a few days will easily pay for the cost of the new tank.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree for the most part, my only issue is smok putting the big baby tank with every fucking mod they release. I do love the big baby but they need to release a new fucking tank!
There's some awesome mods being released though, I was so happy with the kaos compared to the crap they'd been releasing!

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I had the same problem with Uwell coils, therefore I don't buy any of their products any longer.

At one time UWell was manufacturing almost 70% of all drop in coil heads for Kanger, Joyetech, even Aspire at the time. Could be a QC issue again at their coil plant.

@OP

I could be mistaken, but I think the Tobeco Super Tank Mini can run other brand coil heads like the Aspire Atlantis/Triton/Triton 2 coil heads. It is something to look into.

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT
At one time UWell was manufacturing almost 70% of all drop in coil heads for Kanger, Joyetech, even Aspire at the time. Could be a QC issue again at their coil plant.

@OP

I could be mistaken, but I think the Tobeco Super Tank Mini can run other brand coil heads like the Aspire Atlantis/Triton/Triton 2 coil heads. It is something to look into.

Yes. You have other coil options. Check George M's coil adaptability page.
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/aspire-atlantis-coil-fits.110143/

I've had great luck with Amigo 0.5 ohm coils. Also, the Vaporesso EUC coils with the adapter fits and works in my Amigo tanks.

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You do have many different coil options with the super mini tank. I used a few different Aspire coils and I had good luck with them. Start checking out different coils. I still like that tank even though it doesn't get much use anymore.

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have always had good luck with Tobeco coils and have found that they last longer than the Aspire coils in the same Supertank Mini. I would try a different vendor and if that didn't work, I would replace the tank. I rarely use stock coils anymore after going to RTA's. You might give coil building and wicking them yourself. It's not very difficult especially with all the options out there to buy premade coils if you are just not comfortable building. You can replace the cotton when it gets dirty and it will save you a lot of money in the long run.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've never actually used any Atlantis or earlier triton coils, I used the triton mini for several months when I used to be an MTL vaper but none of the earlier sub ohm tanks. My shop recommends the newest Atlantis the evo but as he doesn't no much even about the tank I left it.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have always had good luck with Tobeco coils and have found that they last longer than the Aspire coils in the same Supertank Mini. I would try a different vendor and if that didn't work, I would replace the tank. I rarely use stock coils anymore after going to RTA's. You might give coil building and wicking them yourself. It's not very difficult especially with all the options out there to buy premade coils if you are just not comfortable building. You can replace the cotton when it gets dirty and it will save you a lot of money in the long run.
I always think a tank that takes an RBA is best option then they have both options, helps me alot. If my nerves are playing up I use drop in coils but on my good days use the RBA. RTA/RTA is next step if they wanna build in the long run.
Personally I found one RDA & one RTA I like but I'm a fussy bugger.
I actually like my big baby's and subtank mini out of everything I own!

VU Sponsors