Become a Patron!

Tobbaco Blends anyone?

Hi,
I tried looking through the forums and using the search tool to find any recommended tobacco flavors/brands, and recipes with no luck. Like everyone else, I have had so many failers and every once in awhile I find a great blend for recipes. I haven't experimented with tobacco flavors much so any recommendations or links to some good flavor brands and or recipes would be wonderful. Blending tobacco flavors for me has not gone well so far. I am looking for mixed with other flavors such as walnut, bourbon, vanilla caramel, etc, or just a nice tobacco blend for ejuice.

I normally get my juice through bull city vape and the reviews are helpful but this is a better place to find the info I am looking for.
2cdxx6f.jpg

Nikolais

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am also looking for a good tobacco flavor recipe, i tried HIC' American light cigarette recipe but didn't like it much.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I like some of the Hangsen tobaccos as well as the Inawera tobacco absolutes sold at Bull city. I am primarily a tobacco flavor person so those are the two companies (flavoring entity) that I have chosen to be the best for me. I didn't like Flavourart or Flavorwest tobacco flavorings.

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
2 of the best tobacco blends I ever had are Uncle Junks John Wayne and Steam Vapour Roosevelt Reserve. I also hear Doodlebugs makes a great ry4 but I've never tried it. Sacred also makes a good one but I forgot the name of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Hi,
I tried looking through the forums and using the search tool to find any recommended tobacco flavors/brands, and recipes with no luck. Like everyone else, I have had so many failers and every once in awhile I find a great blend for recipes. I haven't experimented with tobacco flavors much so any recommendations or links to some good flavor brands and or recipes would be wonderful. Blending tobacco flavors for me has not gone well so far. I am looking for mixed with other flavors such as walnut, bourbon, vanilla caramel, etc, or just a nice tobacco blend for ejuice.

I normally get my juice through bull city vape and the reviews are helpful but this is a better place to find the info I am looking for.
2cdxx6f.jpg
I posted a recipe a while ago. Check it out at http://vapingunderground.com/threads/treasure-island-tobacco.141235/

fratervapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi,
I tried looking through the forums and using the search tool to find any recommended tobacco flavors/brands, and recipes with no luck.

Not being funny, but if you typoed the word in the search like you did in the title of the post it would have greatly restricted the results.

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here is a tread on Tobacco only.
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/tobacco-recipes-only.103023/

With what I have found out for my self is to obtain some tobacco flavors and try them stand alone first. You may just like them as is with out all the extra added things. I use only FA so far and have samples of just about all they make. Most of them I do like stand alone. Sure you can add a little something to tweak them to your taste, but for me I try to keep it simple and minimize the additives to 1 or 2. Have I found that perfect one yet, NO, but I am pleased at most that I have made. Everyone's tastes are different so best to try small batchs of stand alone first.

You could even try no flavoring at all just the nic and if it is good nic you may also like that.

I had bought some nic last year that was cheap and terrible. Thought I was going to have to through it out. Last month I thought I would give it one last try so I lowered my nic level to 6%, (I was normally @ 18%), and then added just 1% AP (acetyl pyrazine) to cut the taste. I love it!! Tastes like a nutty popcorn flavor to me, and is great for me when I want something different.

This just goes to show that sometimes less is more. Like I said I use only FA and I start a 2% stand alone first mixing small 5ml batches and work from there. Keep in mind that FA is very concentrated. Get a copy of "My notes on" by Hic if you want to use FA tobaccos because he explains things really good. Get it here:
http://mamajsflavorshop.com/headinclouds-my-notes-on-flavor-descriptions/

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
One trick I have found is to add a bit of FA Burley and Almond to my blends. Some times adding a bit of FA Bourbon to more complex pipe juice helps balance the blend.

scotdc

Member For 4 Years
I like some of the Hangsen tobaccos as well as the Inawera tobacco absolutes sold at Bull city. I am primarily a tobacco flavor person so those are the two companies (flavoring entity) that I have chosen to be the best for me. I didn't like Flavourart or Flavorwest tobacco flavorings.
I agree with you 100%. After trying about 30 different tobacco bases, I find Hangsen and Inawera my two favorites as well. My FA and FW tobaccos are in my failure box, with the lone exception of Flavourart's Tuscan Reserve.

Recommended from Hangsen are Desert Ship, Highway, and RY1. My Inawera favorites are S'Camel, 7 Volwes, Don Hill and Captain Jack.

As far as recipes go, it would help if the OP would tell what road they are looking to go down. Someone else mentioned Jon Wayne as a favorite tobacco blend and I agree wholeheartedly, it was one of my original attempts at cloning. Never tried to duplicate it exactly because I always preferred a more tobacco forward flavor, but working with couple of different recipes I found elsewhere I came up with this recipe I enjoy very much. I know the percentage of flavor is too high for many of you, but it seems to work well for me:

Don Wayne

Don Hill INW 5%
Butterscotch FW 5%
Madagascar Vanilla Classic FA 2.5%
Caramel FA 2%
Desert Ship HA 2%
AP 1.5%
EM 1%
Anise FA - 1 drop per 10ml

I have also subbed tobaccos with HA Desert Ship at 5% and HA Highway at 2% to give a slightly more nutty background, but the Don Hill version is smoother. Madagascar Vanilla is very light and you could sub TFA Vanilla Swirl, but other vanillas would need to be lower. Be very careful with the Anise, I find anything more than 1 drop per 10ml overpowers the mix and gets tiring very quickly - all you want is a slight hint of it in the background.

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a blend I make for some friends trying to quit smoking and theyre starting to go through more and more of it....I still want to perfect it a bit more, like add some black fire, So I havent shown anyone yet but I use very small amounts of all ingredients especially the tobacco and its still quite strong....None of these ingredients are necessary and feel free to substitute.....but maybe percentage wise it will help...here goes;)

Absinthe (TPA)0.1%
Acetyl Pyrazine 5%-0.2%
Coconut (FA) 0.2%
Double Chocolate (Clear) (TPA)0.2%
M-Type Premium (TPA)1.5%
Madagascar (Vanilla Classic) (FA)0.4%
Marzipan(FA)0.15%
Vienna Cream (FA)0.4%

BunnyT

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My husband's favorite. Tribeca, clone;
Double ry4 6%
Graham cracker, clear 5%
Bavarian Cream 1%
Sweetener, 1%
I use whatever brand I have and so far so good.

MinisterOfClouds

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here is a tread on Tobacco only.
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/tobacco-recipes-only.103023/

With what I have found out for my self is to obtain some tobacco flavors and try them stand alone first. You may just like them as is with out all the extra added things. I use only FA so far and have samples of just about all they make. Most of them I do like stand alone. Sure you can add a little something to tweak them to your taste, but for me I try to keep it simple and minimize the additives to 1 or 2. Have I found that perfect one yet, NO, but I am pleased at most that I have made. Everyone's tastes are different so best to try small batchs of stand alone first.

You could even try no flavoring at all just the nic and if it is good nic you may also like that.

I had bought some nic last year that was cheap and terrible. Thought I was going to have to through it out. Last month I thought I would give it one last try so I lowered my nic level to 6%, (I was normally @ 18%), and then added just 1% AP (acetyl pyrazine) to cut the taste. I love it!! Tastes like a nutty popcorn flavor to me, and is great for me when I want something different.

This just goes to show that sometimes less is more. Like I said I use only FA and I start a 2% stand alone first mixing small 5ml batches and work from there. Keep in mind that FA is very concentrated. Get a copy of "My notes on" by Hic if you want to use FA tobaccos because he explains things really good. Get it here:
http://mamajsflavorshop.com/headinclouds-my-notes-on-flavor-descriptions/
Hello,
I'm unable to see HIC's notes. When i click on the link a page opens with coffee advertisement and some other weird stuff, but there are no notes from HIC. Please help!

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hello,
I'm unable to see HIC's notes. When i click on the link a page opens with coffee advertisement and some other weird stuff, but there are no notes from HIC. Please help!
https://gumroad.com/l/GwMpo# is where you will HIC's notes on FA. Just put in a zero in the "Name a fair price" box and you will get the PDF sent to you.

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've personally found 90% of tobacco concentrates not great at all to put it mildly to my tastebuds but wont name those I hate. In the UK there is a company does a great range of what they call NET tobaccos (dont think they are fully though) and have since moved on to trying to do my own net tobaccos too with mixed success. Have never tried Hangsen, but ones I do still like and continue to use from what I have tried would be

FA - Soho, Tuscan Reserve, Glory. Seven Leaves is also OK and I like Maxx Blend but not as a tobacco
Inawera - AM4a, Black for Pipe, 555

Flavorah tobaccos seem to be becoming very popular as well so they may be worth havign a look at but never tried any and personally not a big fan of any of the RY4 concentrates available. For anybody in the UK I would definately recommend www.bestcigeliquid.co.uk. Service isnt great but some of there range are really nice especially Old Captain (my favourite tobacco is one of my own net mixes including old captain in) and Black Mamba which are both superb, though there virginias although good all taste a bit similar

VU Sponsors