Become a Patron!

Tips For Setting Up a DNA200 Mod (FAQ)

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Quick question. I was messing with my Boxer DNA200. I changed the welcome screen and lost my Boxer logo screen. I forgot to save it. If I restore the default, will my Boxer splash screen come back?

I would go to the Theme and click on the default next to the screen I wished to restore. I'm not positive but that might be the default screen that Evolv programs in (not the Boxer). I found a couple of Boxer screens for you if that doesn't work though.
upload_2016-7-8_8-20-4.png

2473705.jpg 2473706.jpg 2589137.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

Edit All that looking around for naught lol

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ginger Vaper got back to me and told me they hard code their setup to the chip, so it is always there is you mess it up. Good for me, because I tend to tinker...a lot.

I decided to make up a thread dealing with questions I get on setting up a DNA200. I hope others will add anything they think is relevant.

1. How to add new TC wire to the material tab:
To add a new TC wire you can download the TFR table from Steam Engine as a CSV file to your PC located here. Click on the drop-down box and select the wire material you are interested in. Then click on the DNA200 tab above the drop-down box and finally click the download TFR table as CSV tab below and to the right (pay attention to where you are saving it to on your PC).

Then go to your material tab and click on the + button to add a new material. Then you would click on the un-named material you just added, then click the next button to the right of the + tab which is the open material button. Then navigate to where it (the CSV file) was saved on your PC and click on the CSV file and open. That's the way to add a curve instead of a single TCR number. Hope that wasn't confusing. That's the way I do it. It names it for you from the CSV file.

2. How to add custom screens:
Download the ones you like to your PC (make note of where you have saved them to). Hook up your DNA200 mod to Escribe and select the theme tab. Find the screen slot you want to change and click on load. Navigate to where you saved the screen on your PC and click on it then click on open. Finally click on Upload Settings to Device tab at the top of Escribe. Now you will be able to change any screens you want. That is also how you add custom screens to your 8 profiles only it's done in the General Tab.

PS Here's a link to where you can download a ton of custom screens and themes. It's on Google drive and sometime I get a 500 error, just refresh and it will eventually load.

3. Do I need to run The Battery Analyzer.
While I always think it's the best way to go if you have the time and correct resistor, it's not absolutely necessary. You can go to the mod tab and click on the Watt Hour Calculator. Then fill in the mah rating of your Lipo pack and it will calculate the Watt Hours and ask if you want to use this value, click Yes.

PS You want Lithium Polymer selected for Lipo packs or 18650's. Three cells unless you are running a 2 x 18650 DNA200 mod

4. Why can't see my charging screens while charging?
Most DNA200 mods come with the charging brightness set to 0. To change this go to the Screen tab in Escribe (with your mod hooked up) and increase the brightness from 0. I use 50-60% (I have old eyes :D). Set it to whatever you prefer. This is where you can also change the screens you see while in running and charging mode. There are a lot to choose from :)

IMPORTANT: DON'T FORGET TO CLICK ON THE "UPLOAD SETTINGS TO DEVICE TAB" AT THE TOP OF ESCRIBE WHEN YOU ARE DONE MAKING CHANGES IN ORDER TO SAVE YOUR CHANGES TO YOU MOD.

Here's a link to the thread that discusses the new test firmware Evolv released, including a link to download it.

I'll add to this post as new things come to mind

Cheers,
Steve
When I save a file for the wire, it wont show when I try and load it. I remember where I saved it. It just doesn't recognize it or something. Ever run across that issue?

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't. I get mine from steam-engine.org. The file extension should be .csv. you load them in the material tab of Escribe. I'm not home at the moment, but when I get home tonight I can post a screenshot that shows you where.

Cheers,
Steve

I would go to the Theme and click on the default next to the screen I wished to restore. I'm not positive but that might be the default screen that Evolv programs in (not the Boxer). I found a couple of Boxer screens for you if that doesn't work though.
View attachment 55955

View attachment 55963 View attachment 55964 View attachment 55965

Cheers,
Steve

Edit All that looking around for naught lol
Hi. does anyone know how to restore the theme back to the original one. clicking restore defaults doesnt seem to do it . HELP!

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi. does anyone know how to restore the theme back to the original one. clicking restore defaults doesnt seem to do it . HELP!
In the Theme Tab you have a button that's labeled Default Theme. That will take you back to the Default Theme for the chip. It will probably be missing the Company's screen.

What you really want to do when you get a new mod is save the Ecig file and label it something like: The mods name followed by Factory settings before making any changes. You can also save the Theme (the button next to Default Theme) in case you want to go back to it. I lost almost all my custom screens when my PC just died last weekend.

I'm in the process if pulling out the hard drive to see if I can recover the 100's of screens, ecig files, CSV files, etc I have on it. If you need a certain screen for a company. Let me know, I may still have it on one of my mods.
upload_2016-12-17_11-38-42.png

Cheers,
Steve

In the Theme Tab you have a button that's labeled Default Theme. That will take you back to the Default Theme for the chip. It will probably be missing the Company's screen.

What you really want to do when you get a new mod is save the Ecig file and label it something like: The mods name followed by Factory settings before making any changes. You can also save the Theme (the button next to Default Theme) in case you want to go back to it. I lost almost all my custom screens when my PC just died last weekend.

I'm in the process if pulling out the hard drive to see if I can recover the 100's of screens, ecig files, CSV files, etc I have on it. If you need a certain screen for a company. Let me know, I may still have it on one of my mods.
View attachment 69267

Cheers,
Steve

View attachment 69267

Cheers,
Steve

Thanks Steve. It is the company screen that's lost. if you have a lost vapes screen that would be the one we need.
Thanks for your help.
Jennifer

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks Steve. It is the company screen that's lost. if you have a lost vapes screen that would be the one we need.
Thanks for your help.
Jennifer
You are welcome Jennifer, I'm always happy to help. You're also in luck, I have these two:

LV2.png LV.png

Cheers,
Steve

VU Sponsors