Become a Patron!

Thoughts on the Aeolus?

Oberon75

Member For 4 Years
Yesterday I inquired about a new RDA in a local Facebook group I belong to and a shop owner recommended to come to his shop and buy an Aeolus. Rip gave it an excellent review while other reviewers posted about cons. Have any of you used this and what are your thoughts? I plan on building this with Ni200 on my DNA 40.

Sent from my HTC One M8 Harman/Kardon edition

kalthaxx

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
i have an aeolus and love it. i am not a volume vaper so it works for me there and the flavor is the best i have ever tasted. it does have real loose o-rings but just swap them out. i don't have any exp. with DNA 40's so i can't help with that.

OneLief

Unique and Ingenious Title
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yesterday I inquired about a new RDA in a local Facebook group I belong to and a shop owner recommended to come to his shop and buy an Aeolus. Rip gave it an excellent review while other reviewers posted about cons. Have any of you used this and what are your thoughts? I plan on building this with Ni200 on my DNA 40.

I'm interested in the same thing

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes. But if you want the AFC O-Ring included, you must ask for it when placing the order.

Ok, thanks. You wouldn't happen to know the size of these o-rings would you?

I have the authentic and the clone aeolus. The clone barrel/sleeve actually fits the deck and the top cap better than the authentic sleeve does, but new o-rings should fix this.

FYI, even the authentics are made in China. A Syntheticloud rep was on reddit the other day answering questions about the v2, and he refused to answer the simple question asked several times, "are these made in China?". A simple yes or no would have sufficed.

Last edited:

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry for the above rant, but this company is pissing me off more and more

SC.jpg

Oberon75

Member For 4 Years
Ok, thanks. You wouldn't happen to know the size of these o-rings would you?

I have the authentic and the clone aeolus. The clone barrel/sleeve actually fits the deck and the top cap better than the authentic sleeve does, but new o-rings should fix this.

FYI, even the authentics are made in China. A Syntheticloud rep was on reddit the other day answering questions about the v2, and he refused to answer the simple question asked several times, "are these made in China?". A simple yes or no would have sufficed.
I'm not sure what the size is but the replacements definitely fit better. And the Chinese thing makes sense considering it took them a while to find me an AFC ring instead of just making me one.

Do yourself a favor though and contact their customer service. It's very possible that they have O-rings. When I ordered mine, they didn't send the Air Flow Control o-ring and I ended up losing the part. While they didn't have any left for sale, they did check inventory and found me one after about a week of back and emails. They sent it out after I paid $10 through PayPal. They also added two Air Flow Control o-rings since I said they weren't included in my O-Ring order.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the info, appreciate it. It's really a nice atomizer once you get the kinks worked out. I also had to sand down the copper contact pin. It was too long and bottomed out on a Fatdaddy 510 pad, and made the fire button stick out on the smpl. Looking at the pictures, the V2 will have the same problem.

VU Sponsors