Become a Patron!

This "article" is infuriating

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
https://student.societyforscience.org/article/dangerous-rise-electronic-cigarettes

A major concern is that e-cigarettes will make smoking seem more “normal” or socially acceptable again, Glantz worries. “A lot of people see these e-cigarette ads and think they’re cigarette ads. That to me is very, very bad. The net effect e-cigarettes seem to be having is to make the tobacco epidemic worse.”

Really? E-cigarette advertising is going to make people go buy cigarettes?

Also:

Almost no one starts smoking after age 25, research shows. So it is no surprise that some makers of e-cigarettes appear to target teens. They offer products in candy and fruit flavors that appeal to kids. With names like lovely bubbly, snicker doodle, cherry crush and piña colada, “Those flavors tell kids that ‘this product is for you,’” says Rachel Grana. She’s a behavioral scientist at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF). There, her work focuses on how cigarettes are advertised and how this affects smoking habits among the young.

I did however print out the word find because, hell
I am bored

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And the people who pay for and do all the "research" have never smoked or have a vested interest in tobacco. If the only thing out there was burnt tobacco flavor id still be putting camel stockholders kids through college.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Rachel Grana can go jump off fisherman's wharf wearing ankle weights.
Why are these so called smart people so god damned dumb?

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Never link articles that are counter productive, the more they get linked, the more they get read.....

vapin Grampa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
https://student.societyforscience.org/article/dangerous-rise-electronic-cigarettes

A major concern is that e-cigarettes will make smoking seem more “normal” or socially acceptable again, Glantz worries. “A lot of people see these e-cigarette ads and think they’re cigarette ads. That to me is very, very bad. The net effect e-cigarettes seem to be having is to make the tobacco epidemic worse.”

Really? E-cigarette advertising is going to make people go buy cigarettes?

Also:

Almost no one starts smoking after age 25, research shows. So it is no surprise that some makers of e-cigarettes appear to target teens. They offer products in candy and fruit flavors that appeal to kids. With names like lovely bubbly, snicker doodle, cherry crush and piña colada, “Those flavors tell kids that ‘this product is for you,’” says Rachel Grana. She’s a behavioral scientist at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF). There, her work focuses on how cigarettes are advertised and how this affects smoking habits among the young.

I did however print out the word find because, hell
I am bored
I tried to resist replying to this, but I just couldn't help myself.

1. As for the glamorization aspect... Really! What the hell do any advertisements do. Even feminine hygiene and I am a spammer ban me dysfunction products try to make their product look mor glamorous then the next guys.

2. This assumption is just simply ludicrous. The reason for all the cutesy names is to avoid copyright law suits from like flavored products and to think that only kids like candy is a slap in the face to all grandma's with a sweet tooth.

It's about the money

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Glantz is King of the ANTZ....seriously.
Everything he says is twisted.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Speaking only for myself, I feel much more glamorous after I started to vape.

Can't you tell?
Ron J.png

VU Sponsors