Become a Patron!

Thinking about making juice

Savage_46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been contemplating to start making my own juice. Realistically, how hard is it to do? I understand that most of it is trial & error, just like rebuilding. I'm not worried about any equipment needed, I'll look into that later on if I get serious about this. But, roughly how much would I need to spend too get started?

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
http://www.onestopdiyshop.com/products/The-DIY-Flavor-Artisans-Master-Kit.html

this is what I am going to buy. it gives you everything you need and 8 flavor choices... I also want to start and this looks like the best option
Its a good start. I would add the 48mg/ml nic option so that way you make 25% more of whatever nic strength you use. After this you will have everything and if you like it you can go to wizardlabs which has 120ml's of 100mg/ml nic for 18 bucks and 120ml's of vg and pg for 4 bucks. This option you are planning on buying is a great way to get all of the mixing supplies like the glassware and all so you are set in the future.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I like that vendor, and that's certainly a reasonable startup cost.
But I would just suggest:
- read a lot of DIY threads and decide how you think you'll mix. personally, I use some bottles and some syringes - and I have some little jars and pipettes and funnels that just sit there.
- Find some recipes - simple 1 and 2 flavor recipes - that you want to try, so you can pick the flavors you need to make them.
- Download and play with a good calculator. i like EJuiceMeUp. You'll want to use this to get recipes right - and to save them when they're good.

I think I spent about $65 to start - and like I said, I bought some unnecessary glassware, and some flavors I don't really use.

On the other hand, I VERY QUICKLY found a couple recipes I LOVE.
Including my very favorite juice I vape every day.
Most recent purchases? Some bigger bottles to mix in (120 ml glass).
Gonna cost me under $7 to fill one up - and that's a couple weeks of vaping....

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I actually still buy a non tobacco menthol right now that is too strong flavor wise so i can double it by adding unflavored nic base.
I do 2 30ml's into 4 at a time. When they run out i do it again.
This is my all day 'on the street' vape i use when i go out.
The flavor at worst smells like wintergreen lifesavers.
This gives no reason for anyone on the street to bitch about anything since they get this instead of me be blowing second hand smoke in their face.

DB Cigs

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Some good advice in this thread. Might want to check out heartland vapes for vg/pg/nic in bulk at good prices, not super expensive for the empty bottles either.

chris.ardito.3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is it better to nic/pg/vg separate or buy nic with the PG/VG ALREADY mix unflavored of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Delta

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I get my DIY stuff from Wizardlabs, prices are pretty reasonable when it comes to flavorings, and VG/PG. Flavorings come in 8ml vials for about $1.50 each. I think it's good if u plan on testing small batches or wanna try out flavors

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

chris.ardito.3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks guys. I have went and laptop fix.
cause I haven't found ejucie calculator for the iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Savage_46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow, lots of good info guys. Thanks, this is making it a lot easier to understand what I'll be getting into & a lot less intimidating. That recipe site looks very helpful, at least for trial & getting a baseline. I figure about $60 should be plenty to get me going. Once I get comfortable with it, I'll probably make some for friends. Any other beginner places to check out? Once again, thank you everyone.

VU Sponsors