Become a Patron!

Theorem Bottom Feed!!! (With Tutorial)

Hey all,

Just want to share this with everyone.

I use to squonk back in the day (2011) with the Reo mini and the Vapage VMOD. Just recently, I purchased the Kanger Dripbox 160, but the RDA that it came with is junk.

While waiting for mail order BF RDA, I thought the Theorem would be the best BF RDA for me. I have a habit of forgetting to squonk and get burned hits often.

So, I took out the contact screw and notice that the shaft had a ton of space in there and the idea struck me.

20 minutes later I had a bottom feed Theorem.

Below is how i did it.

1. After disassembling the RDA, I drilled a 1/16th inch hole in the shaft under the fill hole. (Only on one side)
FsPi26h.jpg

2. Then I filed down the contact screw flush to the post.
2v05IwK.jpg

3. Using a utility knife, I cut the bushing for the contact screw to match the width I filed down.
fPxGBke.jpg

4. Assembled the RDA after deburring and cleaning. The hardest part of this project was aligning the bushing with the contact screw.
z2en5Q6.jpg

Squonking in action!!!
O59w5ZZ.jpg

Enjoy!!!

-Revpang

MCYL

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Awesome. I should post up the origenny one as well. Needs only one tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Isn't that "bushing" an insulator? I think I would cut less off the insulator so what remains of the positive pin screw head would be insulated. It's fine, not like the screw is going to move by itself, but it would make me personally feel more comfortable.

Cutting a smaller gap is a great idea and thanks for the suggestion. The Dripbox 160 manual states it has short circuit protection in the rare case the insulator should move so it won't fire.

Insulator / bushing are the same in terms of electronics. Use that term since I was a Tool and Die maker.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
How are you liking the Dripbox 160? Ecig has them for 45 bucks with code vapedeals. I have the Dripbox 60, and although I don't admit it in public, I like the little guy.

I've had it for 6 days and love it.

After the Nebox, I was very hesitant with the purchase of another Kanger product. Once I get back home I plan on checking the seal of the 510 to make sure there is no internal leaking since I'm not using the Kanger RDA on the device. That won't be for another week though.

I was planning on purchasing the original Dripbox but read of the auto firing issues and it is not regulated.

Some batteries are tight but I noticed on one side of the mod the exhaust holes need to be filed down.

So far, no functional issues.

Last edited:

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Cool, for that price I'll get one. The Dripbox 60 has some sort of regulation/chip, hence the 60w limit. It's not a mech.

edit - Hmm, I might be wrong about that;

"The box itself is simple, with a rudimentary internal chip that provides low resistance and reverse battery protection, and a single button for firing and five-click on and off. Kanger claims a 60-watt output, but my pass-through voltmeter indicated that the output was unregulated, with voltage under load dependent on the resistance of the atomizer coils."

Mine has worked fine, but was just reading about the auto fire issue. When something like that happens, and a video is made about it, there are always copycats who jump in to say "yeah mine is doing that too". So IDK, a bunch of other people on this forum have them and no auto fires have been reported here (that I have seen).

Last edited:

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I come up with 29.4 watts, drawing 7amps, on a fully charged 4.2v battery

What is the equation for that? All I've ever needed to do was determine amperage, which is Volts divided by Ohms equals Amps. So that's why I used the Ohms Law Calculator.

PuffOn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Don't know the equation, but with that calculator, enter the 4.2v fully charged battery, enter .6ohm coil
gives you the amp draw on the battery (7amp) and wattage given.
Steam Engine battery drain tab, confirms 29.4 watts
A battery discharged to 3.7v would give 22.81 watts, with a .6ohm coil, drawing 6.16 amps

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I see now. I was entering 3 variables, guess I misread the instructions, doh! :D That's why I disclaimered the results I got. Thanks

Instructions? We don't need no stinkin' instructions...

VU Sponsors