Become a Patron!

The ULTIMATE rda has been found!!!!!!!!!

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@AndriaD thanks for the recommendations. i am using 8 wrap 28g coils, but dual mode for now (habitually made and installed a pair o_O). when i re-wick ill pull one out and try it as you suggested. i have it on a mech mod so its going to get from 17-22w throughout the battery cycle. it will eventually end up on my istick 30w where i can dial in the power a bit better, but for now its performing great. :cheers:

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I actually considered a couple of those when I was browsing FT for flavor testing or as extreme emergency backups to hold over if main stuff ever broke. Looked a bit sketchy even for $2 a pop. lol. The trouble with flavor testing on something vastly different than main gear is it's just not the same. It's like test driving a car. Test driving a miata won't tell you how a porsche handles but I guess if you had no idea how a car drives at all something is better than nothing.

It's just over an inch and a half tall so not really all that stealthy either. That's about as tall as my ammit (minus the drip tip).

Edit: Should we send one to @MannyScoot come xmas as a stocking stuffer? :p

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@AndriaD thanks for the recommendations. i am using 8 wrap 28g coils, but dual mode for now (habitually made and installed a pair o_O). when i re-wick ill pull one out and try it as you suggested. i have it on a mech mod so its going to get from 17-22w throughout the battery cycle. it will eventually end up on my istick 30w where i can dial in the power a bit better, but for now its performing great. :cheers:

That's not a bad range of power for 8 wraps of 28ga -- for myself, I found that 10w with that amount of coil mass was really unsatisfactory; I do take long hits as a rule, but most mods do have a 10-second timeout. :giggle: My own sweet spot, the 8 wraps of 29ga, suits my 5-second hits very well; it's not exactly *instantaneous* ramp-up, but pretty quick, so in 5 seconds I can get a satisfying hit. Since I smoked ultra-light 120s for so long, I tended to take long-ish hits on my cigarettes too, so a 5 second hit with those particular coils is just about perfect; ever so slightly warm, moderate vapor -- my asthma can't handle too much or too thick vapor, but with my 85% PG, it appears quite similar to what I exhaled when I smoked.

And see, my asthma is the "rub" in my whole vaping experience: where most folks are trying to "dial it in" for some crazy amount of vapor... I'm just trying to "dial it in" to be satisfying, yet not make me cough up a lung or need to visit the ER for breathing treatments. It's a razor's edge, so all y'all cloud chasers can just bite me. :)

Andria

Jasonrecio

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Too much airflow imo

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
where most folks are trying to "dial it in" for some crazy amount of vapor... I'm just trying to "dial it in" to be satisfying
im only looking for a good vape too. sometimes that comes along side the clouds, other times it comes from a nice throaty wisp of 18mg vapor at 15w :) i find there is as much technique to mtl as there is to cloud chasing with regard to the inhale. i hand rolled my own smokes with no filters. the tightness and size i rolled them at was what dictated the drag i would get, so i rolled them in a way that i could take short thick drags, and thats how i prefer my mtl vapes. i found that if i go too slow on the magma with this build, it does get too hot/throaty (which his funny to me because i direct lung at ~200w on unregulated series and its fine). i have the magma on my istick now at about 4.5v and i find a very hard two second drag is giving me the vape i like.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Im having thoughts of a custom mech box with 2 of the small ego 510's to make a double barrel hitter.:popcorn:

Well there was that thing made for dual cartos.

ADAPT-DUALCARTO-2T.jpg

You could put a different flavor in each one. It would probably work with 510 attys. :teehee:

VU Sponsors