Become a Patron!

The tobacco paradox

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Their just trying to stay relevant. Phillip-morris is a big corporation and make other things. People should stay away from "heat not burn". I'd trust small vaping companies over a large corporation that already were caught adding extra chemical to tobacco.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So you're saying they should continue to smoke if they've tried vaping and it didn't work for them? o_O

People should stay away from "heat not burn". I'd trust small vaping companies over a large corporation that already were caught adding extra chemical to tobacco.

The way I interpret what he said was stay away from consuming Tobacco by Heat Not Burn and Vape. Just my interpretation you must remember.

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So you're saying they should continue to smoke if they've tried vaping and it didn't work for them? o_O
Heat not burn is big tobaccos answer to vaping. Its still tobacco from an industry that is know to add chemicals to make their product more addictive. The claim its less harmful than smoking is from in house studies. Vaping on the other hand has had some Independent studies proving that it is heather than cigarettes and why wouldn't vaping work for them? sounds like an excuse to continue smoking

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
The claim its less harmful than smoking is from in house studies.
Our good friend Dr. Farsalinos has done independent studies and concurs that while the harm reduction may not be quite as great as vaping, it is substantial nonetheless.

why wouldn't vaping work for them?
We're at the point now, 10 years into vaping in the US and Europe, where a majority of the people who still smoke have tried vaping at some point, yet they have not successfully switched. Yes, most of us here on this forum have switched successfully, but people are different. Let's not forget that there are many millions of people who successfully quit smoking using methods other than vaping; methods that didn't work for us. Just as it's unreasonable for them to say, "Hey, what I did worked for me, so it should work for you too!" it's unreasonable for us to think that our method should or will work for everyone else. Then there's the fact that tobacco contains other substances that interact with nicotine in a synergistic way, that vaping simply doesn't provide. No, I don't mean stuff that BT has added either, I'm talking about substances that are naturally occurring in tobacco; MAO inhibitors and so on.

Anyway, I think dissing Heat not Burn is a mistake.

VU Sponsors