Become a Patron!

The official VAPE MAIL!!!!!!! thread #2

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think they're running out of ideas which is understandable because there's only so many ways you can vaporize eliquid on a heating element. Soon we'll probably be seeing disposable 120 watt cloud sticks.
People will gobble those up too. What I don't like about plastic tanks and airflow running across plastic is, the taste of plastic! I can taste that shit. It distorts my flavor. It's either the plastic they're using or adhesive smell coming from inside like the Novo. I might be overly sensitive to stuff like this. I got a Basium squonk mod where the actual electronics board messed up my flavor from the inside out. Weird stuff, it reeked like plastic or burning plastic.. I'm going to start testing today so we'll see I guess. I had no trouble with the Aegis Boost but Vaporesso's PM80 is plastic flavored.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
People will gobble those up too. What I don't like about plastic tanks and airflow running across plastic is, the taste of plastic! I can taste that shit. It distorts my flavor. It's either the plastic they're using or adhesive smell coming from inside like the Novo. I might be overly sensitive to stuff like this. I got a Basium squonk mod where the actual electronics board messed up my flavor from the inside out. Weird stuff, it reeked like plastic or burning plastic.. I'm going to start testing today so we'll see I guess. I had no trouble with the Aegis Boost but Vaporesso's PM80 is plastic flavored.
I'm the wrong guy for that topic :D Unless it's really pronounced I don't really taste materials like that. Copper, plastic, I can barely even tell the difference in the taste of wicking materials. I can tell the difference between the different metals coils are made of. It's not that my sense of taste doesn't work. I think it's just that so few things taste actually bad to me. I don't know.

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My Basium was the same way. It finally went in the trash. That thing reeked like burnt wires. I had sent the first one back because of it and nope, 2nd one was just as bad.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Beautiful @~Don~

I love the one I have but the firing bar gets really hot. I tried cleaning up the threads and putting noalox stuff on them and it helps for a day but then it is right back to being hot. I mean there is not much to the thing so I'm stumped. Others I know that have these have no issue at all so I have no clue what the issue is with mine. :(

Anyway, enjoy! They are great looking mods and they fire so nice and easy.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Luck is just not with me this week. Ordered a red Vapcell 26650 battery to use in the HCigar VT75 I got from @Ms. Trixy. It came today, and guess what? It won't fit in the frickin mod! It's just a smidge too fat.

So now I have the best 26650 Mooch reviewed and no mod that I need to use it in. Good god I hate it when stuff like this happens.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Beautiful @~Don~

I love the one I have but the firing bar gets really hot. I tried cleaning up the threads and putting noalox stuff on them and it helps for a day but then it is right back to being hot. I mean there is not much to the thing so I'm stumped. Others I know that have these have no issue at all so I have no clue what the issue is with mine. :(

I don't have one yet, I think they are good looking, but I don't like acrylic mods... you sneeze the wrong way, its falls on a cloud of feathers and they crack ;) or just my luck in the past with acrylics.

There is only 4 points of contacts with the Atom

1. Atomizer
2. Battery
3. 2 screws at top
4. 1 screw at bottom

I'd take the 2 screws up top off, clean the threads of the screws and clean the contact faces,do the same for the firing bar

The bottom contact shouldn't make a difference clean or dirty since it only screws into ultem

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Luck is just not with me this week. Ordered a red Vapcell 26650 battery to use in the HCigar VT75 I got from @Ms. Trixy. It came today, and guess what? It won't fit in the frickin mod! It's just a smidge too fat.

So now I have the best 26650 Mooch reviewed and no mod that I need to use it in. Good god I hate it when stuff like this happens.
Man, that's a real bummer :( Don't suppose you have another wrap to try on there? I don't have that battery, but I know the wraps on my Efest 26650's are fatter than the ones on my Basin 26650's. Never ran into a mod they won't fit in, but the Efest are very tight in most.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

It's the wrap. My HΩ Grown 26650s work. I have 2 new pair not doing anything if you want any.

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Ahh that sucks. Sorry to hear that. I had a 26650 tube one time but the battery was just a bit to tall so the bottom threads of the mod had to stick out or dent the battery tightening it down. Like they really make 26650s with different dimensions. Wtf would they do that. Lol

Sent from a pile of wood chips

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
88baf8164370b2c91f58c02a94fb4764.jpg

Not gonna lie, this ez dripper is kind of cool... think I’ll order the smaller ones too.

Don’t tell @bx10r he was right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Beautiful @~Don~

I don't have one yet, I think they are good looking, but I don't like acrylic mods... you sneeze the wrong way, its falls on a cloud of feathers and they crack ;) or just my luck in the past with acrylics.

There is only 4 points of contacts with the Atom

1. Atomizer
2. Battery
3. 2 screws at top
4. 1 screw at bottom

I'd take the 2 screws up top off, clean the threads of the screws and clean the contact faces,do the same for the firing bar

The bottom contact shouldn't make a difference clean or dirty since it only screws into ultem
Yeah, something has to be going on there. I have a .15 build in mine, which is not super low, but getting down there and my bar doesn't even get slightly warm. I just took took 2 long pulls in a row and touched it to my bottom lip and it was literally cool to the touch..

I'm kinda fanatical with keeping my mechs clean. i took it all part and cleaned every surface with never dull. I also polished every contact surface to mirror shine with a rotary tool and a cloth polishing wheel.

Where the bar meets the top, between the copper contact and the bottom of the bar, the bottom battery cap and the square contact piece on the bottom ring. Cleaned the screws and the holes, including the copper contact on the bottom of the bar.

There has to be a simple reason your bar is getting warm Deb, Like you said, there's not much to this mod to go wrong.

Last edited:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, something has to be going on there. I have a .15 build in mine, which is not super low, but getting down there and my bar doesn't even get slightly warm. I just took took 2 long pulls in a row and touched it to my bottom lip and was literally cool to the touch..

Yeah, Only thing to cause any heat in the bar is an inclusion in the brass, nub not screwed in tight.

Haven’t heard anyone say hot bar on that mod that I know vape .08... weird for sure.

I’d still break it all down again... and inspect every bit... clean in between the holes of the firing bar...the screw heads, threads, main contact and nub.

If all those are spotless and still gets warm... for sure contact Matt at Florida supply

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

xZitoWarriorx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, something has to be going on there. I have a .15 build in mine, which is not super low, but getting down there and my bar doesn't even get slightly warm. I just took took 2 long pulls in a row and touched it to my bottom lip and it was literally cool to the touch..

I'm kinda fanatical with keeping my mechs clean. i took it all part and cleaned every surface with never dull. I also polished every contact surface to mirror shine with a rotary tool and a cloth polishing wheel.

Where the bar meets the top, between the copper contact and the bottom of the bar, the bottom battery cap and the square contact piece on the bottom ring. Cleaned the screws and the holes, including the copper contact on the bottom of the bar.

There has to be a simple reason your bar is getting warm Deb, Like you said, there's not much to this mod to go wrong.

So I’ve heard this problem a couple times, few and far between. I believe one person fixed it by polishing it reaaaaallly well and I think another use a very fine file or a diamond polishing file and used that... I can double check feel free to send me a PM if ya want I’ll try and find the message with the solutions that have worked.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, Only thing to cause any heat in the bar is an inclusion in the brass, nub not screwed in tight.

Haven’t heard anyone say hot bar on that mod that I know vape .08... weird for sure.

I’d still break it all down again... and inspect every bit... clean in between the holes of the firing bar...the screw heads, threads, main contact and nub.

If all those are spotless and still gets warm... for sure contact Matt at Florida supply
A thorough examination is in order for sure. I had a .1 build in the Reckoning when I first got the Atom and no hot bar there either.

I had a flash for a second that maybe it was a short in the atomizer, but then the cap would get hot too and the Asgard Mini has an ultem insert there so it can't be that.

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I’ve heard this problem a couple times, few and far between. I believe one person fixed it by polishing it reaaaaallly well and I think another use a very fine file or a diamond polishing file and used that... I can double check feel free to send me a PM if ya want I’ll try and find the message with the solutions that have worked.
Really? With the Atom?

xZitoWarriorx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Really? With the Atom?

Maybe twice I’ve been in group message asking about it. I’m running at .08 with the Exile - never had a hot bar or issue, and batch one I’m running .1 on the Vital, no issue with hot bar either

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I found where people mentioned issue with the Exile side fire bar... basically what I got from it was the nub was the issue.

The area where the nub and bar mate isn’t flat (both) which causes a break in actual contact surface.

So this may be a point to look at.

On the two side fires I have... Both grips, I micro meshed those mating points and the points where the bar mates to the mod also.

Even the nub on the Viking Grip, I took the point out of it and... I really want to take the bottom contact out and put a flat edge to it so there is more surface making contact

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Ahh that sucks. Sorry to hear that. I had a 26650 tube one time but the battery was just a bit to tall so the bottom threads of the mod had to stick out or dent the battery tightening it down. Like they really make 26650s with different dimensions. Wtf would they do that. Lol

I know, right? I put the Vapcell into a Pico Mega and am using the Aspire that was in the PM in the VT75.

It's the wrap. My HΩ Grown 26650s work. I have 2 new pair not doing anything if you want any.

I have it covered, just had to switch some things around. The pisser of it is that I specifically researched this to find the best battery I could to use on the VT75 so I wouldn't get that damn "Weak Battery" signal. Guess the Vapcell is just out unless I rewrap it.

Man, that's a real bummer :( Don't suppose you have another wrap to try on there? I don't have that battery, but I know the wraps on my Efest 26650's are fatter than the ones on my Basin 26650's. Never ran into a mod they won't fit in, but the Efest are very tight in most.

For now I'm going to just roll with what I have, but that's definitely a thought for later. I think I have 2x700 and 18650 wraps but pretty sure no 26650s. Of course. :mad:

Thanks for the thoughts, folks.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I know, right? I put the Vapcell into a Pico Mega and am using the Aspire that was in the PM in the VT75.

I have it covered, just had to switch some things around. The pisser of it is that I specifically researched this to find the best battery I could to use on the VT75 so I wouldn't get that damn "Weak Battery" signal. Guess the Vapcell is just out unless I rewrap it.

For now I'm going to just roll with what I have, but that's definitely a thought for later. I think I have 2x700 and 18650 wraps but pretty sure no 26650s. Of course. :mad:

Well, at least you can use it. I don't have any 26650 wraps either, or I would send you a few just to see if that is it. The Pico Mega I have is one that my Efest sit really tight in. Weird o_O

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Well, at least you can use it. I don't have any 26650 wraps either, or I would send you a few just to see if that is it. The Pico Mega I have is one that my Efest sit really tight in. Weird o_O

Hell, mine might be a clone. I wouldn't be too surprised. It came from AliExpress, so could be.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

That's what I fear. I'm not familiar with those cells at all. I got a Vaporflask mod that takes them. Not sure which ones will fit and be decent in it..

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ordered May 13th from Cigabuy to June 8th (today) in case people wonder about times. They had TFV16 Conical Mesh coil packs on sale for $4 (.2Ω rated best:60-85W). I would've got more but that's all they had. I got 5 little Wismec 510 drip tips for another couple bucks.
20200608_185616(1).jpg

I'm thinking DHL is the ticket these days. I have Fasttech orders coming up on a couple of months of no movement. They're probably in some Hong Kong warehouse buried in all the backed up mail.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just know that my DHL shipped order from Fasttech took i think 26 days to get here. 25 bucks for shipping.
I've never had that issue with DHL. But never used them at fasttech. Once at 3f and it took a week. The other was a contest win shipped dhl and I had it 3 days later. I have no idea how but it had China labels. Maybe drop shipped

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Ya, I ran into the same problem with the vapecells I bought. Ya, cuz I ALWAYS read the dimmesions of batteries. PSH. Be nice if they had a disclaimer ey? Sorry @nadalama Now I have had really good luck with these and the price is right https://www.18650batterystore.com/26650-p/hohm-tech-grown.htm

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
and some great vapemail today. The Gun Metal Hadron, The zeus X ( still playing with the wicking here) You don't want to thin it out at the ends as much as the Steam Crave mesh decks. But It's doing better my second attempt. Looks cute. A Chi You 26650 ( thank you @gadget! ) You rock!

IMG_20200608_163421121.jpg

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've never had that issue with DHL. But never used them at fasttech. Once at 3f and it took a week. The other was a contest win shipped dhl and I had it 3 days later. I have no idea how but it had China labels. Maybe drop shipped

Yeah, I've always used the cheapest (or free?) shipping , US e packet or whatever. I'm sure my stuff will arrive at some point. My last order from them took about 7 weeks so just shy of two months. I just know DHL is faster than a packet but you have to pay. Some places charge up the ass for DHL. I wanted some cheap mods at Everzon and they wanted $37 to ship them. No thanks :D. Someone posted that DHL has their own planes like FedEx which makes sense. It's kind of like skipping the line at an amusement park or whatever.

I forgot to post a point I wanted to make.. We all know DHL has always been faster than Fasttechs free shipping or even the cheapest choice at places. It seems like DHL has been less effected by what's going on in the world today.

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I'm just saying what happened with me. It did start moving when It got over here, but then sat in Ohio from a Thursday until the following Monday. This was my order with the Vapesnail and the Bridg'd.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I tried putting a thinner wrap on mine and it did not make a difference. They are fatter batteries. I mean maybe it would be enough dpending on what mod she is using. I tried it in several mods and nope. Stupid battery LOL Oh the VT75, I see it now. Sorry I don't have one anymore to try that for you.

Last edited:

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Unfortunately I did not buy it from Matt. Believe me, I wish I had now. :( I will try taking it all apart again and see if I can see anything. Maybe a small burr or something cuz ya, like I said, not a whole lot going on here so it HAS to be something simple.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hell, mine might be a clone. I wouldn't be too surprised. It came from AliExpress, so could be.
@nadalama I have some 26650 wraps I will toss in the mail for you tomorrow. It's worth a shot. It didn't help for mine but maybe (fingers crossed) it will be enough to work in the VT75. I have your addy still.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

What's wrong with this picture? Cincinnati is 4 hours south of here by car. This is DHL tracking for my giveaway win from Dovpo right now.
dhlboo.JPG

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

In the mail for you and I had some of the insulators also. Hope maybe they will make just enough of a difference. If not, it's always good to have a few on hand.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The area where the nub and bar mate isn’t flat (both) which causes a break in actual contact surface.
The first time I polished mine on the Atom I actually checked for this (If I'm understanding you correctly) I set the nub in the shallow machined spaced where it it sits on the inside surface of the bar facing the mod without the screw. A barely detectable bit of turning, but no rocking whatsoever. If my bar changes temperature at all it is undetectable to me.
I really want to take the bottom contact out and put a flat edge to it so there is more surface making contact
Simpson told me the one he makes for the Atom has a flattened leading surface for more contact actually.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I think they're running out of ideas which is understandable because there's only so many ways you can vaporize eliquid on a heating element. Soon we'll probably be seeing disposable 120 watt cloud sticks.

Yikes, don’t even go there.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

I bought a Novo over about a year and a half ago, when I was quitting smoking. It tasted like plastic, plain and simple. I really tried with it, but just no. It was gross. I’m glad I wasn’t relying on that to not smoke.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

It’s annoying when that happens. I bought a 21700 for my Cut and the dang thing was too tall. But in a Snow Wolf Mini, it was fine. But that has a screw on cap.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
That's what I fear. I'm not familiar with those cells at all. I got a Vaporflask mod that takes them. Not sure which ones will fit and be decent in it..

If I were buying again, I'd go with Aspire's 26650. It's a good, reliable battery, and fits in both of my regulated mods plus a 26650 Chi You tube mech that I have.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What's wrong with this picture? Cincinnati is 4 hours south of here by car. This is DHL tracking for my giveaway win from Dovpo right now.
View attachment 162754
Damn next Monday to drive 4 hours. Yea sometimes I have no idea what is going through their minds. Like shit if there was some vacation after a 4 hour drive I'd just come get it. Hell 4 hours for me I'm at the beach. It's done that for me too. Make it 45 minutes away and sit for days

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Damn next Monday to drive 4 hours. Yea sometimes I have no idea what is going through their minds. Like shit if there was some vacation after a 4 hour drive I'd just come get it. Hell 4 hours for me I'm at the beach. It's done that for me too. Make it 45 minutes away and sit for days

The one thing many people think is DHL is fast, which they can be, if paid to be (by the shipper, not the buyer)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
The one thing many people think is DHL is fast, which they can be, if paid to be (by the shipper, not the buyer)

If I'm not mistaken, DHL was the original quick-shipping service. I worked Imports back in the 80s at my company, and DHL had been around for years already and was heavily involved in international shipping even back then. I think they probably have more experience than anyone, but even they can't circumvent the mess caused by Customs. I don't know what it's like now, but back then the governmental paperwork was unbelievable and the speed at which it got handled was incredibly slow.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I tried putting a thinner wrap on mine and it did not make a difference. They are fatter batteries. I mean maybe it would be enough dpending on what mod she is using. I tried it in several mods and nope. Stupid battery LOL Oh the VT75, I see it now. Sorry I don't have one anymore to try that for you.
That just sucks. We shouldn't have to worry or deal with that. I mean dimensions are dimensions right? Not asking a whole lot for them to get that right imo :rolleyes:

VU Sponsors