VU SWAT
VU Patreon
dac321faa4f3fe83b669bfe4d303a0f7.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, punk mini. It's great, but a bit of a battery guzzler.

Does that one light up? I’ve only seen it in a few places online months and months ago.

Looks nice! And...sorry I gave you the finger twice.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Does that one light up? I’ve only seen it in a few places online months and months ago.

Looks nice! And...sorry I gave you the finger twice.
Yup, goes red, green, blue when firing. Part of the not so good battery life I'm guessing. Idk about the finger? :huh:

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Why is that a bummer? It'll also take an 18650 or a 20700 of course. I have a 20700 in mine.
Oh, then no bummer :) I am not familiar with 21700 at all. I know all my 20700 will take 18650, and figured all 21700 would take 18650, just didn't know about 21700 capable taking 20700. Thanks.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Have you ordered from them? I like what I see, thinking I might give a few a try.

Yes, I have seven of her tips and just ordered three more. The biggest drawback is that it takes usually about three weeks to get them, especially if she's recently had a sale, because each one is custom-made by one person. Every one I have has been worth waiting for, though.

The price that's listed on the blanks is a little misleading for 810 and some short 510 tips. Any tip that is 1/2" tall or less is actually $5.00 less than the price of the blank. A 1/2" tall shape #2 810 tip in that seaweed bay acrylic would be $7.00 plus shipping, which is generally about $3 for up to three tips. I've never ordered more than three at a time, so don't know about shipping for higher quantities.

Be wary of choosing "Fat as possible" on the tip specs. When Rhonda says "fat as possible," she really means it. I ordered one that way once, and it is humongous. lol

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes, I have seven of her tips and just ordered three more. The biggest drawback is that it takes usually about three weeks to get them, especially if she's recently had a sale, because each one is custom-made by one person. Every one I have has been worth waiting for, though.

The price that's listed on the blanks is a little misleading for 810 and some short 510 tips. Any tip that is 1/2" tall or less is actually $5.00 less than the price of the blank. A 1/2" tall shape #2 810 tip in that seaweed bay acrylic would be $7.00 plus shipping, which is generally about $3 for up to three tips. I've never ordered more than three at a time, so don't know about shipping for higher quantities.

Be wary of choosing "Fat as possible" on the tip specs. When Rhonda says "fat as possible," she really means it. I ordered one that way once, and it is humongous. lol
Thanks. Very helpful, and I gotta do some measuring :D

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, then no bummer :) I am not familiar with 21700 at all. I know all my 20700 will take 18650, and figured all 21700 would take 18650, just didn't know about 21700 capable taking 20700. Thanks.
The 21700 is a wider 20700 essentially. You know how these egghead engineers are with the way they do things.

18350 = 18mm wide x 35mm tall

18650 = 18mm wide x 65mm tall

20700 = 20mm wide x 70mm tall

21700 = 21mm wide x 70mm tall

26650 = 26mm wide x 65mm tall

And so on.

Why the extra 0 at the end? Lemme know if you ever find the answer.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The 21700 is a wider 20700 essentially. You know how these egghead engineers are with the way they do things.

And so on.

Yup, got that and good point about the 0. What I guess I don't know then is: said mod is designed to take 21700. Is there then an adaptor for using a 20700 like for an 18560, or close enough no adaptor used for 20700? Does that make any sense? :confused:

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

And so on.

The zero at the end means it's a round cell. Us engineers know what we're doing... :D

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
How do you like it? So far I've gotten some really good personal reviews of the Furyan. It looks like mine won't be here today. Maybe tomorrow. It is a beautiful piece of jewelry. I have a gold Lucid RDA that I think will look and work perfectly on it.
I like it a lot. My only niggle, and not much of one, is I sometimes have to play with the battery cap to get it started. Bottle has that twist on/off but I use a fill bottle. What color did you get?

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yup, got that and good point about the 0. What I guess I don't know then is: said mod is designed to take 21700. Is there then an adaptor for using a 20700 like for an 18560, or close enough no adaptor used for 20700? Does that make any sense? :confused:
I threw a 20700 into a Chronicle mech and it's loose until you snug it up with the switch. Works fine once in place.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A 20700 will work with no adapter. I haven't used an 18650 in it and I don't remember offhand if it comes with an 18650 adapter, but I have numerous ones sitting around :D I know you have at least one that came with that Desire Cut :D

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I like it a lot. My only niggle, and not much of one, is I sometimes have to play with the battery cap to get it started. Bottle has that twist on/off but I use a fill bottle. What color did you get?
I got black and gold. I really don't plan on using it much but I just couldn't resist it's beauty. I use refill bottles for all my squonkers. When FVS was closing out alot of their stuff I picked up 5 more refill bottles for $1 each. I'm looking forward to getting the Furyan.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
The zero at the end means it's a round cell. Us engineers know what we're doing... :D

...and here silly me thought that zero was for tenths-of-a-millimeter!

That's what I get for thinkin!

Everybody knows you use that number that's shaped like a square if the battery is a square cell.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

And so on.

designates the shape

EDIT: nvm was answered already lol

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
As opposed to what? An 18658? :confused:
Its based off the Cylindrical Coordinate System, but it goes deeper than that.

Its really evolution of the alphabet... why we basically associate O and 0 to interchangeable when speaking.

We all associate the letter O and round, its accepted... but 0 is elliptical and well a form of round

5-Oh-Oh is the same as saying 5-Zero-Zero, but clearly O is an O and a 0 is not an O ;) Similarly as 1, I and l ( that's and lower L and capital I ) We type out if you're a 3rd generation name, like myself III which I always use 3 capital "i" and not 111 or lower case lll... evolution of the Alphabet lol (thats ioi haha... never mind, lost humor)

But yeah, CCS as stated above.

Here is one to cook your noodle some (Again that was a capital "i" LOL)

Batteries we made round for it was easier to install than any other shape, additionally under stress they retained their integrity better than flat or rectangle.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Its based off the Cylindrical Coordinate System, but it goes deeper than that.

Its really evolution of the alphabet... why we basically associate O and 0 to interchangeable when speaking.

We all associate the letter O and round, its accepted... but 0 is elliptical and well a form of round

5-Oh-Oh is the same as saying 5-Zero-Zero, but clearly O is an O and a 0 is not an O ;) Similarly as 1, I and l ( that's and lower L and capital I ) We type out if you're a 3rd generation name, like myself III which I always use 3 capital "i" and not 111 or lower case lll... evolution of the Alphabet lol (thats ioi haha... never mind, lost humor)

But yeah, CCS as stated above.

Here is one to cook your noodle some (Again that was a capital "i" LOL)

Batteries we made round for it was easier to install than any other shape, additionally under stress they retained their integrity better than flat or rectangle.
AHA! Forgive me, I forgot who I was talkin to :D

All kidding aside, it does make sense that a round battery would resist expansion stress better than other shapes.

VU Sponsors