Become a Patron!

The Mini Volt Society (Mini Volt Owners)

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello all,

Ever since I got my Mini Volt I've fall head over heals for it. I love the build quality, performance and the minuscule size. Yesterday was my fist chance to actually take it out into the wild and it worked like a charm. Its first trial run was on a trip to the city zoo and it really came in handy. Ducking around the corner for a stealthy toot or two didn't generate a human made weather system and garnered no attention. However, at 40 watts on my Herakles Plus v2 tank it produces a respectable amount of vapor.

I love my Mini Volt I decided to open a thread where other owners can help each other out, share thoughts and talk everything mini volt. Feel free to post pics as well.

I currently have mine running at 25 watts in power boost mode using the mini vengeance and the .8 coil.

Feel free to chime in...

pcrdude

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I use mine every day. Running a Cubis @ 1.0 ohm and 17.5 watts (I'm a MTL toodler). 50/50 18 mg/ml. I love this little thing (please don't take that the wrong way... ;)

I dislike the autoshutoff, and sometimes there is a firing delay which annoys me. Overall, I am happy. Fits in my front pocket next to my iPhone 5.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I loved it, but then the pico came out and I wanted an option for a bit more power, so my Diablo RTA was stolen by the Pico and taken the spot in my pocket regularly. I'll try and get a picture later, but I ended up tossing my little Derringer RDA on the MV, looks great, vapes nicely and lasts surprisingly long with a light drip (there's a reason I saved most of my 15mL sample bottles, and even a few 5mL)

Newtsche

Member For 5 Years
...sometimes there is a firing delay which annoys me.

I'm not sure this is what you're experiencing , sometimes I think I've pushed the fire button but really haven't. Not sure if it's the solid and firm button which is fine with me, the angle I push at, the button shape or its minimal travel but, yeah, I don't activate the button fully on occasion. I'm pretty sure it's me, not the Mini Volt.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
thumbnail_IMG_20160414_0654195901_zpsjvdaymtv.jpg

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My wife got one last week. She likes it.

I'll be making a coil soon for her new Smok TFV4 RBA. Vape shop suggested .5 ohm. COV suggests .8 ohm attys due to mAh of batt.

I have some spare 3-wire and 4-wire twisted 32 gauge Kanthal. Could go either .5 or .7 with that. (She's at .4 currently.)

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My wife got one last week. She likes it.

I'll be making a coil soon for her new Smok TFV4 RBA. Vape shop suggested .5 ohm. COV suggests .8 ohm attys due to mAh of batt.

I have some spare 3-wire and 4-wire twisted 32 gauge Kanthal. Could go either .5 or .7 with that. (She's at .4 currently.)
I've run ~.4Ω on it, it's a tad anemic but that's what I was going for (more stealthy), now I have a .68Ω FC on what I got set up and it's a much better vape.

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Then I'll aim for .7 and report back after she starts using it. Thanks.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm at .75 which seems to be the sweet spot for my mini Royal Hunter, battery life vs vapor production.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ran into something strange... I tried my melo 3 tank on it and keep getting the no atomizer message. I tried a variety of melo and aspire coils and nothing. The tank on all my other mods and all of my other tanks work on the Mini Volt. It's got me stumped, any suggestions?

The first time I took the mini volt out I had my Snow Wolf 200w stuffed in my wife's purse along with two backup batteries which I never had to use. Today I took the Mini Volt out solo and for a good five hours and it was great. Love this thing more everyday.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ran into something strange... I tried my melo 3 tank on it and keep getting the no atomizer message. I tried a variety of melo and aspire coils and nothing. The tank on all my other mods and all of my other tanks work on the Mini Volt. It's got me stumped, any suggestions?

The first time I took the mini volt out I had my Snow Wolf 200w stuffed in my wife's purse along with two backup batteries which I never had to use. Today I took the Mini Volt out solo and for a good five hours and it was great. Love this thing more everyday.
Sounds like the 510 on the melo isn't long enough?

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds like the 510 on the melo isn't long enough?

I thought so myself but comparing it to other tanks the mini volt will run, its either the same size or longer. Not the biggest deal in the world since I'm loving the Mini Vengeance but still curious.. BTW, the Melo 3 might have some wonky airflow but with a .5 coil at 40 watts, its a great little tank.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My wife stole mine and fixed it to her taste to make sure I would not use it ...that is the my kanger top fill too with her drip tip. Ain't marriage wonderful.

c6iYsZ3.jpg

We now have the gunmetal coming next week.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My wife stole mine and fixed it to her taste to make sure I would not use it ...that is the my kanger top fill too with her drip tip. Ain't marriage wonderful.

c6iYsZ3.jpg

We now have the gunmetal coming next week.

The gunmetal looks great. I'm definitely getting a second and I can't decide one which color, they all look awesome.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got a matching Royal Hunter mini for mine. Completely disappears in my ginormous hands.

What build do you have in it? I'm going getting a mutation x mini for the MV but not sure what to put in it. I'm new to the RDA game.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I love my Mini Volt - just don't like the auto shut off.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love my Mini Volt - just don't like the auto shut off.

Since mine is used so infrequently during the day, I kinda like it...

My mini volt read resistance pretty high. The .8 Vengeance coils are reading .9, anyone else having this issue? Doesn't bother me and the mod still works fine, just curious.

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ive got one too, loved it just fine. Used it everyday at work...until I got the Nugget! Nugget is the same exact size (maybe a hair thinner), and has a lot more features, such as being able to adjust the shutoff timer. If you like the Mini Volt, youre gonna LOVE the Nugget. Battery lasts longer, 10 more watts, TC, Shut off timer adjustment, bigger screen and more.

I use either one with either a Moonshot RTA for a tank, or a Nobunaga Mini RDA, which sits so perfectly on either one.

153l4ps.jpg

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My mini volt read resistance pretty high. The .8 Vengeance coils are reading .9, anyone else having this issue?

.4 coil reading .41 on ohm meter and .45 on Mini Volt.

Hello !
Love my mini volt but after 3 weeks it started to display the "no atomiser" error. Replaced the coil so the issue shouldn't be there. I found the video on YouTube where a man re-connects the blue wire inside the mini volt; so I opened mine and all the wires were properly connected. I'm desperate for new ideas... Has anyone had this issue ?
Thank you :)

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello !
Love my mini volt but after 3 weeks it started to display the "no atomiser" error. Replaced the coil so the issue shouldn't be there. I found the video on YouTube where a man re-connects the blue wire inside the mini volt; so I opened mine and all the wires were properly connected. I'm desperate for new ideas... Has anyone had this issue ?
Thank you :)

Have you tried a different tank?

Take a screw drive and make sure the 510 pin is not stuck by pushing on it.

150241372085081240246.jpg
Have you tried a different tank?

Take a screw drive and make sure the 510 pin is not stuck by pushing on it.

Hey !
Thanks for your quick reply ! Yes I've tried with a new tank. Is the 510 pin the one that moves downwards when you screw the tank on ? If so, it is not stuck. I'm attaching a pic. :) If you see anything wrong please let me know !

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes that's the correct pin... yikes I'm the wrong guy to ask about the internals... have you emailed COV? From what I understand there were some issues with certain models and COV replaced them.

Yes that's the correct pin... yikes I'm the wrong guy to ask about the internals... have you emailed COV? From what I understand there were some issues with certain models and COV replaced them.
Yes I probably need to do that... But I hoped it wouldn't come to it... :-(

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had mine replaced, then put it away. Not the best piece, pretty but that's about it

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors