The Merlin RTA by Augvape and Roxy

rolf 2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
something I am trying
making a sock for my merlin !
before I spend a ton of time to make a mold for casting I just used some silicone putty and formed it around an slitely smaller atty
after that cures I will trim it with sissors . and leave some on the sides ... it will stretch and seal around the slitly bigger merlin base .
cant fix an o ring on the inside ...try sealing it from the outside ..I will take a pix when done and let you know if it works

Ian91

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
For what?

No, my first base had 3 post holes and some weird line down the middle of one post that Roxy pointed out to Leon.. STS sent me a new one, asking for half of something, maybe shipping, after they had initially told me they would just send me one a few days later, since I included the pic, which Augvape saw anyway, by PM. 2 weeks later I had to keep reminding them, asking if they were sending it. I got the new one.

Both bases have given me this problem. I've tried heavier wicking, but not longer wicking, I'll try that one next. So, after a few weeks of hassles, I ended up with a completed Merlin that still leaks. Now, this new one shows up and I don't even know if I want to fool with it, or just trade it not knowing if it'll work as it should.

So, yeah, I didn't know that the newer Merlins come with the opposing color spare glass than you order. But, I don't think I owe Augvape an apology.

BELIEVE me, it's never been my intention to rag on Merlin. I was excited about this tank before we even saw pics of it. I love the flavor it gives me, but it's been so much more of a hassle to be able to enjoy the vaping experience from this tank. I think it's ok that I'm frustrated. No tank I have is flawless or perfect, I just want it to work better than it is, and I've been willing to try different methods.
Slow down. I agree with all of that. I have the same issue with the seeping on all 3 of mine. It is still the best tank that I own hands down.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
something I am trying
before I spend a ton of time to make a mold for casting I just used some silicone putty and formed it around an slitely smaller atty
after that cures I will trim it with sissors . and leave some on the sides ... it will stretch and seal around the slitly bigger merlin base .
cant fix an o ring on the inside ...try sealing it from the outside ..I will take a pix when done and let you know if it works
Tank Depends ! Love it ! :D

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
something I am trying

You never cease to amaze me Rolf :)

rolf 2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Good lawd ! Hope that stuff is non toxic !
it does not matter ! its only on the outside . just stretches around the base to seal it and hopefully contain the seapage
just a silicone sock
but the stuff is food grade and is used in the culinary industrie for making candy forms and even forms for baking .
even used it to make a plug for the boreas for single coil vaping ..works great

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
For what?

No, my first base had 3 post holes and some weird line down the middle of one post that Roxy pointed out to Leon.. STS sent me a new one, asking for half of something, maybe shipping, after they had initially told me they would just send me one a few days later, since I included the pic, which Augvape saw anyway, by PM. 2 weeks later I had to keep reminding them, asking if they were sending it. I got the new one.

Both bases have given me this problem. I've tried heavier wicking, but not longer wicking, I'll try that one next. So, after a few weeks of hassles, I ended up with a completed Merlin that still leaks. Now, this new one shows up and I don't even know if I want to fool with it, or just trade it not knowing if it'll work as it should.

So, yeah, I didn't know that the newer Merlins come with the opposing color spare glass than you order. But, I don't think I owe Augvape an apology.

BELIEVE me, it's never been my intention to rag on Merlin. I was excited about this tank before we even saw pics of it. I love the flavor it gives me, but it's been so much more of a hassle to be able to enjoy the vaping experience from this tank. I think it's ok that I'm frustrated. No tank I have is flawless or perfect, I just want it to work better than it is, and I've been willing to try different methods.
You shouldn't have to apologize to anyone. You bought a tank and it's not working properly. You let us know the problems and hassle you went threw. Let us know incase we were having issues and knew how to resolve them. Apologizing for that is ridiculous. I don't know if he was joking or serious but I hope you have better luck with your second merlin. I got mine a month ago and built it when I first got it and ran half a tank threw it. It's been sitting around collecting dust because work has been busy and I have a mod and tank I strictly use for work. I finally got the weekend off so now I'm gonna wick it again and see how it goes.

Ian91

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You shouldn't have to apologize to anyone. You bought a tank and it's not working properly. You let us know the problems and hassle you went threw. Let us know incase we were having issues and knew how to resolve them. Apologizing for that is ridiculous. I don't know if he was joking or serious but I hope you have better luck with your second merlin. I got mine a month ago and built it when I first got it and ran half a tank threw it. It's been sitting around collecting dust because work has been busy and I have a mod and tank I strictly use for work. I finally got the weekend off so now I'm gonna wick it again and see how it goes.
I was joking. Won't do that again!!

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
facepalm_zpsvcbkxo8a.gif

dwcraig1

Member For 4 Years
OK, it still seeped on me. Not as much as usual. I will check to make sure all the orings are sitting correctly and I think I will rewick it and try again. By the way, I am using 55pg/45vg juice with the blocker in place. Coil is 3mm 26ga. I have been stuffing a lot of cotton into it. May try with not so much.
Do you have the seepage like the pictures folks are showing here or is it wet inside the 510 around the insulator?

Ian91

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Do you have the seepage like the pictures folks are showing here or is it wet inside the 510 around the insulator?
Mine is like the pictures shown. Wet on the bottom of the base without any leakage out the airholes. I rewicked it and checked the orings. This time there was no leakage at all when I finished the tank. I am going to set up another one and see what happens with that. I will vape both of them tonight and report back tomorrow.

dave61

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK for the seepage problem
I finally got enough time off to mess with my Merlins
the seepage is in the juice control itself
I pulled my Brown and Sharp micrometers out and did some measuring there is a difference in the diameter of the juice control on the top part not much but enough to make the juice control difficult
The juice controls on both mine measure differently One is semi tight I had to almost close it off to stop the seepage
My other tank was some tighter and I can open the juice control more and still not get seepage

Ive re wicked the tanks in different ways and raised and lowered the coils for testing
Nothing worked to stop the seepage but closing the juice control

Right now I have a 2.5mm coil at 1.02ohms at 2mm above the air hole the wicks are just long enough to sit in the bottom of the cup and no where else in the base
Ive been running both for almost 2 hours and no seepage in either one

Someone else with seepage might try closing their juice control to check my theory

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I pulled my Brown and Sharp micrometers out and did some measuring there is a difference in the diameter of the juice control on the top part not much but enough to make the juice control difficult
The juice controls on both mine measure differently One is semi tight I had to almost close it off to stop the seepage
My other tank was some tighter and I can open the juice control more and still not get seepage

Ive re wicked the tanks in different ways and raised and lowered the coils for testing

Right now I have a 2.5mm coil at 1.02ohms at 2mm above the air hole the wicks are just long enough to sit in the bottom of the cup and no where else in the base

Someone else with seepage might try closing their juice control to check my theory
That's how mine is currently wicked, same ID, but my coil is higher. I'll close mine off and go from there,

DavidOH

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks to the person that posted they stuff the wick in the wells without any trimming then lift them up to clear the hole. That worked for me and I got the Merlin working. I'll likely keep it around for when I'm in the mood for something different on the weekends. It's a good RTA but not good enough for me to put down my Lemo2 as my take to work RTA. The L2 is just easier to use. And the flavor and vapor are close enough. It just doesn't work for me as good as it does for most of you.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Sorry to see that
dont you have another glass in the box
I do. All fixed up now. Washed, re-coiled, rewicked.

Jeez.. A self destructing tank !
LOL, no, just the day I'm having today. It started with arguing with a Dr's office, before my 1st cup of coffee... on a Saturday. I am one of those people I complain about today.

Sorry guys.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Thanks to the person that posted they stuff the wick in the wells without any trimming then lift them up to clear the hole. That worked for me and I got the Merlin working. I'll likely keep it around for when I'm in the mood for something different on the weekends. It's a good RTA but not good enough for me to put down my Lemo2 as my take to work RTA. The L2 is just easier to use. And the flavor and vapor are close enough. It just doesn't work for me as good as it does for most of you.

Interesting.

IME, the Lemo 2 is lacking is the flavor department and certainly cannot keep up with my chain vaping, lol.

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

+1

The other day I vaped half a tank with the juice control totally closed and I vape ~90% VG. Sat there and watched the air bubbles come out of the closed off holes. I've had a little bit of seepage nothing to complain about really though. It's been mostly trouble free except the a few days ago I had a real leak for no apparent reason. I closed off the juice control blew it all out and it hasn't happened again. I'm still using my first build and wick, going on two weeks now.

DavidOH

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Interesting.

IME, the Lemo 2 is lacking is the flavor department and certainly cannot keep up with my chain vaping, lol.

It's not really made to change vape. I can take back to back hits without any trouble. But it does try to dry hit. I've a way to keep that from happening so it's not a problem. With my ribbon 1 ohm coil @40 watts the flavor is good. The Merlin flavor was different and a bit stronger but not enough for me to say WOW that's great.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
This will have to wait. Not sure how, it hasn't been dropped, but my glass is cracked. I'm having a rough day, LMAO.

View attachment 54990
I had my moradin sitting on the desk, totally unharmed and nothing touching it at all. I was working and I hear a pop. Look over and thr glass had shattered. Out of nowhere. And those glass are not replaceable so now I have a moradin shaped paper weight

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

dave61

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
+1

The other day I vaped half a tank with the juice control totally closed and I vape ~90% VG. Sat there and watched the air bubbles come out of the closed off holes. I've had a little bit of seepage nothing to complain about really though. It's been mostly trouble free except the a few days ago I had a real leak for no apparent reason. I closed off the juice control blew it all out and it hasn't happened again. I'm still using my first build and wick, going on two weeks now.

I got a 0.002 difference in my juice control top part and thats enough to allow juice to seep by and enter the air flow control and seep out the bottom
Thats what gave me the idea to close down the juice control from the quarter opening I was using

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I had my moradin sitting on the desk, totally unharmed and nothing touching it at all. I was working and I hear a pop. Look over and thr glass had shattered. Out of nowhere. And those glass are not replaceable so now I have a moradin shaped paper weight

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Something in the air where we live. Besides humidity, huh? That totally sucks. Maybe try IBTanked, get one cut.

rolf 2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I got a 0.002 difference in my juice control top part and thats enough to allow juice to seep by and enter the air flow control and seep out the bottom
Thats what gave me the idea to close down the juice control from the quarter opening I was using
I tried that to ! it vaped a long time before it got dry ..now open it a little for some air bubbles and close it again ..helped a little but did not solve the problem.
my seepage is in the pressfitt in the bottom . ..,I think ... the silicone sock I made works out so far , no leaks only after three hrs a little condensation .
I don't know how often I said that I fixed it ..lol
I think all of the qc problems are not the same so.

VU Sponsors