Become a Patron!

The Merlin RTA by Augvape and Roxy

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My wife went like 3 weeks with zero issues with her ss Merlin, now its doing that seeping thing under the base between that press fit area/AFC ring like others have mentioned (which I also just noticed spins more freely than it did originally). When did this press fitting become such a thing? I personally hate it and is the reason Ive shelved all my Billow v3s. Seems like once they start to seep its game over since they cant effectively be completely taken apart for cleaning or repair. Le sigh, thought for sure the Merlin would prove me wrong but not looking so good now.. dammit!

petemoss

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the warning Pete!
Not to worry, I won't be trying to take take this base apart until I get a replacement.

So has the Merlin replaced the Rose's for you?

:cheers:

Wow this thread has really blown up with dozens of posts daily! Wish roxy were still here to sort out issues some of us are having. Hopefully she'll return after a much needed break. @TrollDragon: so you'll be experimenting with your "extra" base once you get a replacement. No problem then. I'm above average in tinkering ability and considered trying to replace the o-ring myself. But not after hearing that some parts are press fit. I have a hydraulic press and gunsmithing punches but would surely break some tiny parts attempting to take the base apart.

The Merlin has replaced one of my Roses (have just one Rose in the lineup now) but I'll always keep the Rose. It was my first "high-end" atomizer that I paid $200 for and still gives the best flavor of all my attys.

Shark Vape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
MUD Slinger
Seems a "no rules being broken here" response to any complaining PM would be
a more normal response than 3 mods trying to hush a thread where there are no rules being broken.
.....but as I said earlier, the discourse in this thread is civil compared to a great many where nary a mod was to be seen.
Would you like some links for comparison?
:popcorn:

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is what I'm experimenting with now. I haven't tried leaving it on it's side though, so I'll toss that into the mix. My only concern with that is that my juice is thinner. Can't handle much VG.

FWIW, I'm vaping 85-90% pg and no problems.

I am still getting to know this puppy though. Takes me a while to figure things out ;). I've been getting a bit of sizzle at the end of a drag this evening so thought the wicks were not keeping up. Just upped the power 5 watts for shits & giggles ... less sizzle and the vape is more saturated again. Go figure o_O

52anddone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
FWIW, I'm vaping 85-90% pg and no problems.

I am still getting to know this puppy though. Takes me a while to figure things out ;). I've been getting a bit of sizzle at the end of a drag this evening so thought the wicks were not keeping up. Just upped the power 5 watts for shits & giggles ... less sizzle and the vape is more saturated again. Go figure o_O

85-90% PG ?? Damn, that's thin stuff, but if you get no leaks then that's a Good sign and encouraging for my 50/50 usage . It has ALWAYS taken me a while to get to know my Atomizers (RTA/RDA's) before I will just say that one is or isn't for me. Good to see others that do the same, Thanks for that.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
85-90% PG ?? Damn, that's thin stuff, but if you get no leaks then that's a Good sign and encouraging for my 50/50 usage . It has ALWAYS taken me a while to get to know my Atomizers (RTA/RDA's) before I will just say that one is or isn't for me. Good to see others that do the same, Thanks for that.

I switched to vaping in 2012 and one thing I've learned is that almost none of our devices are completely plug and play. It sure is a lot easier to get things working pretty well today though :)

Kudos to you 52anddone. I've seen too many people not take the time to figure things out and end up going back to smoking. Sucks, but it is what it is.

52anddone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I switched to vaping in 2012 and one thing I've learned is that almost none of our devices are completely plug and play. It sure is a lot easier to get things working pretty well today though :)

Kudos to you 52anddone. I've seen too many people not take the time to figure things out and end up going back to smoking. Sucks, but it is what it is.

Yeah, I hear that I do. The younger folks EXPECT Plug and Play though as they have been conditioned that way all their life. I have been into vaping since 8/24/14 and LOVE it to death. I have always looked to modify my vape gear if it doesn't work to my liking, and that goes for my builds also. I think it is fun and interesting, but the younger folks look at it as a Hassle and move on. Too bad, as they are missing out on a lot of fun. Even today, Vaping is more like Plug and Pray, but not as much as it was in 2010 from what I have been able to read, that was like Cave Man Vaping back then, you know, writing on cave walls with a colored dirt clod or making wicks out of fish tank filters.

52anddone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I remember reading in the Rayon Thread over on ECF that some enterprising fellow asked his Girl Friend if she had a extra Tampon (New, of course) that he could have (as he was all out of cotton) so he could re-wick his atomizer. Now that's going MacGyver for sure.

thesilverguild

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Why do Augvae force Fasttech to retail the Merlin for 29.99?

Way to expensive for online retail & for what it is! Should be $23 max!! You can buy an Aromamizer Supreme or TFV8 for $30.

thesilverguild

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You can get it for that price with free shipping at subtank supply.I think it is a great price for a RTA that is this good.

You mistake intent, I already have a merlin but just wanted to know why Augvape continually bully Fasttech into selling the Merlin for $29.99.
FT were originally selling them for $17.95 so Augvape threatened them with legal action if they did not retail at MAP (Manufacture Advertised Price).

However they only seem to stop Fasttech from selling them cheap but not other vendors.

$30.99 at SubTankSupply so thats more than Fasttech.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
You mistake intent, I already have a merlin but just wanted to know why Augvape continually bully Fasttech into selling the Merlin for $29.99.
FT were originally selling them for $17.95 so Augvape threatened them with legal action if they did not retail at MAP (Manufacture Advertised Price).

However they only seem to stop Fasttech from selling them cheap but not other vendors.

$30.99 at SubTankSupply so thats more than Fasttech.

Can you show us proof Augvape threatened/bullied FT?

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Can you show us proof Augvape threatened/bullied FT?
I'm kinda wondering the same thing as Juicy. This is the first I'd heard of a threat.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why do Augvae force Fasttech to retail the Merlin for 29.99?

Way to expensive for online retail & for what it is! Should be $23 max!! You can buy an Aromamizer Supreme or TFV8 for $30.

I haven't been on Fasttech for anything but little things for a while, but my impression was FT sells all their authentic products without much discount if any.

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I ordered the one from FT that has the larger juice holes...$29.99, but I really wanted to try the larger holes. Roxy was on the forum there and assured the thread that they were authentic...question is...was that the authentic Roxy that we know and love? Just kidding. It was her.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I just rec'd the 2 I ordered from that yesterday. Both are S/N 014X
wait.... BOTH authentic tanks have the same seriel number?
did you contact fasstech? maybe they do that to make it easy for them to make?

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered the one from FT that has the larger juice holes...$29.99, but I really wanted to try the larger holes. Roxy was on the forum there and assured the thread that they were authentic...question is...was that the authentic Roxy that we know and love? Just kidding. It was her.

I'm wondering about larger juice holes too. Let us know how they perform please.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I just got my second SS one today from STS,having a bath right now.Mine was 1967 the year of my birth . STS amazes me, free shipping,ordered Tuesday morning and arrived this morning.Kentucky to Pennsylvania.
Yeah, I ordered the cloudnus. Shipped 20 mins later. Not just printed the label, but actually shipped.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors