Become a Patron!

The Merlin RTA by Augvape and Roxy

WraithPC

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This thread runs pretty smoothly when lacking a particular member, that member has already cost the forum a valuable contributor. Sure would be a shame if that individual scores a double win. I understand about giving people a wide latitude when it comes to behavior, what I don't understand is when members are allowed to continue on a path that clearly reveals they are only here for one purpose.

The crap benefits no one except the trolls.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
To me, the ability to have an open and ongoing dialogue with a designer of quality attys was a rare, and valuable opportunity.

Rude, egocentric YouTube reviewers are a dime a dozen. And that is probably an over valuation in favor of YouTube reviewers on my part.

Put the thread where you like, without Roxy, it is just another thread.

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Why not just cut out the cancer on this thread? Roxy was great and brought a lot to the table. Can't say the same for this guy. If you're going to moderate start with him. I for one miss her and her input.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That would be great but unfortunately ignore doesn't work on taptalk.

this is true and I feel your pain. there was a troll named magoo that I could not ake go away when I was a member.
I blocked magoo, but magoo would not go away on crapatalk and magoo had a special troll- on for me.

it sucked but I had to bear it until he finally brok enough rules to be on a temp ban.

and after all of magoo's hatred and outright personal attacks that broke every page in the book, he is still a member.

the forum has loose rules. those rules are one of the things that make me love this place, it seperates us from the others, and makes it a true representation of reality.

protection and just banning people is what led ecf to become the ghost town it is becoming.
VU standing on its principals for good or bad, is what makes us what we are.

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Why the special interest in this one?
Reports, complaints, pm messages received by not just one, but several staff members, so yeah, it got alerted. That happens, threads have to be babysat.

Put the thread where you like, without Roxy, it is just another thread.
I'm perfectly fine with leaving this thread where it is, intact. Roxy chose to leave the public areas of the forum. She didn't have to. If she's still keeping up, she can plainly see that friends and fans would prefer she be a participant of the threads she created for her designs. That's her choice, and she's allowed to make that decision.

Or everyone just put him on ignore?
Let him scream to nothingness.
This is the best suggestion available to anyone that's not happy with how it views now. Getting everyone to do that will be an impossible task. In my experience as a moderator at this forum, people thrive on the drama, not the quiet. That's just the way it goes. Sorry Tapatalk peeps, I know you can't, I feel your pain. I can't ignore anyone.

My personal views on that, as a customer that purchased this tank... I do like the tank. A LOT, actually. I don't weigh my opinion on any vape related purchase on ONE review only. I never heard of the guy prior to the video posted in this thread by another member. Several videos have been posted within this thread, all but one of those gave favorable nods to the tank, so why is everyone getting so bent out of shape over this one review? Because he posted here. He posted here after his own review page got blown up. Now, he's fighting back and it's becoming this big ugly war. It's not gonna stop until everyone stops. Days later, someone will be catching up and end up quoting things that happened days prior, then it all spirals outta control all over again. For the moderators, ain't nobody got time for that, which is why it's been mentioned twice now, that the thread will move if it doesn't knock off (impossible to manage). For the members, it's fucking exhausting. I'm a member here, I enjoy the tank, I'm tired of the bullshit back and forth fighting drama crap that nobody will ever win.

Why let one reviewer get people this far bent out of shape? I remember a similar experience happening when it was Grimm Green, but he didn't come on here whining about his page getting blown to bits. Maybe that's the difference.

As it stands, no rules were broken, no one is getting banned just because we may, or may not like his review.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
this is true and I feek your pain. there was a troll named magoo that I could not ake go away when I was a member.
I blocked magoo, but magoo would not go away on crapatalk and magoo had a special troll- on for me.

it sucked but I had to bear it until he finally brok enough rules to be on a temp ban.

and after all of magoo's hatred and outright personal attacks that broke every page in the book, he is still a member.

the forum has loose rules. those rules are one of the things that make me love this place, it seperates us from the others, and makes it a true representation of reality.

protection and just banning people is what led ecf to become the ghost town it is becoming.
VU standing on its principals for good or bad, is what makes us what we are.
I know it's a slippery slope but some people here bring nothing to the table and shit on every thread. Granted I am speaking of a select few. I can think of at least 3 off the top of my head. I'm all for free speech but there needs to be a balance. Everyone can have a disagreement once in a while but if your full time job is to just stir the pot and shit on threads I think those people should be shown the door. Just my opinion I know it will change nothing and that's ok too.

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I could give a shit if people think I am an asshole. Apparently she thought I was someone in order to do a review for it. Its just she didnt like my response. Talk about coming in 12th inning....14 pages later a response quoting me. Go away

This is what Im going to do when someone tries to start something..... A funny gif always fixes things

giphy.gif

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Surely there is a patch or something for Tapatalk or the board software for the ignoring ignore bug?

I think that as rational people with some sort of will, that we could use the "ignore" we have built in on our brains. Just dont react or just reply to his shenanigans with a polite "shaddup" ?

Others that come in for advise on the Merlin will get it and not pay attention to "his" posts and he will either go away or be barking on deaf ears and get bored?

I feel bad for the ones that have no idea what is really going on and having to sift through the crap and banter and unpleasantries to find an answer to their questions.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think that as rational people with some sort of will, that we could use the "ignore" we have built in on our brains. Just dont react or just reply to his shenanigans with a polite "shaddup" ?

Others that come in for advise on the Merlin will get it and not pay attention to "his" posts and he will either go away or be barking on deaf ears and get bored?

I feel bad for the ones that have no idea what is really going on and having to sift through the crap and banter and unpleasantries to find an answer to their questions.
The mental ignore function is defective in most humans.
Unless you have been married a while ;)

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The mental ignore function is defective in most humans.
Unless you have been married a while ;)

Thats where I been blessed. After years and years of being around turbine engines, the ex's voice fell into that range that I am incapable of hearing anymore. It was great. She could have a whole conversation with me and I wouldnt even know she was talking :D

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reports, complaints, pm messages received by not just one, but several staff members, so yeah, it got alerted. That happens, threads have to be babysat.

I wonder who might have made the complaints...... To several staff members no less. But since as you say, no rules are being broken here, why the special interest?

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Why do you see this as special interest?
The entire forum is of special interest to us.
That's why we are here, to show the forum special interest.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
why the special interest?

From us, because we deal with the reports, the pm messages and the complaints about posts in this thread. We've been asked by admin to try and steer threads back to the topic at hand when these situations arise, so we do that. When it continues and continues, they've told us to mud pit stuff. We do what we can, but we can't make people not fight, quote, or reply. This wouldn't be the first thread to end up there, if that's what happens. Twice, moderator has stepped in to try to remind everyone to stay on topic.

Special interest to those involved to stay on topic, unless they'd just rather fight and do so in the Mud Pit.

Did I answer your question this time?

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I wonder who might have made the complaints...... To several staff members no less. But since as you say, no rules are being broken here, why the special interest?

I see a lot of mud slinging done in many areas in this forum. In fact the freedom to sling is why many came here from a forum that is not so free to fling the monkey poo.

OneBadWolf bring up something that has been floating around in my head.. WHY? Why this thread and these particular members?

One seems to have the freedom to post all sorts of ugliness and innuendos using the "freedom of speech" thing. Another comes in to address those "speeches" and the hammer comes down?

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
From us, because we deal with the reports, the pm messages and the complaints about posts in this thread.

Seems a "no rules being broken here" response to any complaining PM would be a more normal response than 3 mods trying to hush a thread where there are no rules being broken.

Everybody appreciates the job the Mods do here, but as I said earlier, the discourse in this thread is civil compared to a great many where nary a mod was to be seen. Would you like some links for comparison?

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I see a lot of mud slinging done in many areas in this forum. In fact the freedom to sling is why many came here from a forum that is not so free to fling the monkey poo.

OneBadWolf bring up something that has been floating around in my head.. WHY? Why this thread and these particular members?

One seems to have the freedom to post all sorts of ugliness and innuendos using the "freedom of speech" thing. Another comes in to address those "speeches" and the hammer comes down?

There is a huge difference between a back and forth between 2 members that lasts 6 or 10 posts and THIS 15 page all out shit fest.

dave61

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The thing is the Merlin is a great tank
Roxy is a great person
this thread has a lot of good information
Just because one person out of many decide they dont like a product doesnt change any of that
I have been admin or mod on many forums you cant just ban everyone if you want to have different opinions it just doesnt work
You have to allow some dissension for a forum to have free speech without over modding a form
As far as this guy the best thing to do is ignore dont answer his posts nor carry on a conversation with him and he will leave

TheKiddVapes

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I'm perfectly fine with leaving this thread where it is, intact. Roxy chose to leave the public areas of the forum. She didn't have to. If she's still keeping up, she can plainly see that friends and fans would prefer she be a participant of the threads she created for her designs. That's her choice, and she's allowed to make that decision.

This is the best suggestion available to anyone that's not happy with how it views now. Getting everyone to do that will be an impossible task. In my experience as a moderator at this forum, people thrive on the drama, not the quiet. That's just the way it goes. Sorry Tapatalk peeps, I know you can't, I feel your pain. I can't ignore anyone.

My personal views on that, as a customer that purchased this tank... I do like the tank. A LOT, actually. I don't weigh my opinion on any vape related purchase on ONE review only. I never heard of the guy prior to the video posted in this thread by another member. Several videos have been posted within this thread, all but one of those gave favorable nods to the tank, so why is everyone getting so bent out of shape over this one review? Because he posted here. He posted here after his own review page got blown up. Now, he's fighting back and it's becoming this big ugly war. It's not gonna stop until everyone stops. Days later, someone will be catching up and end up quoting things that happened days prior, then it all spirals outta control all over again. For the moderators, ain't nobody got time for that, which is why it's been mentioned twice now, that the thread will move if it doesn't knock off (impossible to manage). For the members, it's fucking exhausting. I'm a member here, I enjoy the tank, I'm tired of the bullshit back and forth fighting drama crap that nobody will ever win.

Why let one reviewer get people this far bent out of shape? I remember a similar experience happening when it was Grimm Green, but he didn't come on here whining about his page getting blown to bits. Maybe that's the difference.

As it stands, no rules were broken, no one is getting banned just because we may, or may not like his review.
So when he puts her personal email on here that wasn't enough to keep him out of this thread? Then he puts up a giveaway and makes a donation and he can do what he wants? I just don't get it....

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
So when he puts her personal email on here that wasn't enough to keep him out of this thread? Then he puts up a giveaway and makes a donation and he can do what he wants? I just don't get it....

It was Augvape's email I was told but still.

Let's move on, ignore the troll and extoll the virtues of the Merlin and work out the kinks as they crop up

Jai Haze

Haters Make Me Famous
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Unlisted Vendor

nope not it. I had a donation in BACK in '15. I didnt put up her personal email. It wasnt on purpose, it wasnt someone named Ally or something from China - which was my argument to being with her saying SHE WAS told to send me the tank. The fact of her saying she is from Ohio and upset because of my opinion is why I posted the email I got. That was adjusted and I havent done anything or said anything that hasnt been done to me. Fact of the matter.

Also take note of the start date. I was giving things away WAY before she sent me this tank or whoever sent me the tank http://vapingunderground.com/thread...ree-30mls-high-end-mods-and-more-3-25.210378/

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
nope not it. I had a donation in BACK in '15. I didnt put up her personal email. It wasnt on purpose, it wasnt someone named Ally or something from China - which was my argument to being with her saying SHE WAS told to send me the tank. The fact of her saying she is from Ohio and upset because of my opinion is why I posted the email I got. That was adjusted and I havent done anything or said anything that hasnt been done to me. Fact of the matter.

Also take note of the start date. I was giving things away WAY before she sent me this tank or whoever sent me the tank http://vapingunderground.com/thread...ree-30mls-high-end-mods-and-more-3-25.210378/

Stop it, please :)
Jealousy-2.jpg

Jai Haze

Haters Make Me Famous
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Unlisted Vendor
like its been said, stop mentioning me and ill stop coming in here. You can thank the alerts on VU for my responses. Seems people can talk shit but I am not allowed to say anything back, yeah ok

VU Sponsors