Become a Patron!

The IPV3 LI V2 (Did I get that right?)

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, I've been looking around all week for a new dual 18650 mod and pretty much had my heart set on the IPV3 Li. I know it's pretty dated but I've always wanted it since I started vaping and never got around to buying one. Last night, after going to dinner and then being dragged down every isle of Target, my wife felt bad for me so we swung by the vape shop. I had initially planned on getting a Mini Volt but then spotted the IPV3 and inquired about the price. I was shocked when the neck beard manning the counter quoted me $85 for the plain black version. I almost laughed in his face but composed myself, paid his for an overpriced tiny bottle of juice and we left. On the ride home I did some googling and was shocked to see how high of a price the thing commands. The lowest price I saw was somewhere around $65 and was as high as $80. What is it about it that holds so much value? Is it really all that great? It just seems absurd that the far more capable IPV5 sells for around $50 while the 3 is up to $30 more. Can anyone provide some insight?

centella4u

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm still waiting for my IPV5 to arrived but have had IPV 3Li for quite sometime, with a very satisfying results, this coming from a guy who owns 30+ mods, 4 of them DNA200s probably means something.
I think one quality you can't find in the IPV5 is the built and material. This 3 Li is one toughy if you ask me. Plus the fact that it's still in demand means the manufacturer ain't gonna lower the price just because a newer model is out. Keep in mind, at the time it came out, that kinda price ain't so expensive with what it has to offer, being tc and all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had an IPV3 Li since it came out. I really like it. It's built like a tank, works great, but no SS support in TC and no user settable TCR. I probably wouldn't get it now because I only use SS and TC. Heck for around $120 shipped you can get a DNA200 if you look around. If P4Y didn't quit supporting the IPV3 Li with updates my opinion would be different. I'm not thrilled with them as a company because instead of supporting the products they put out they would rather you just keep buying the next mod (and they keep churning them out). YMMV

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I love my IPV3Li, it goes with me just about everywhere. As stated above, it's very well built, and has survived being knocked over more time that I can count, and even taken a drop from about 4 ft and has never missed a beat. I'm also very disappointed in the lack of updates for this fine mod by P4U, and really think they're shooting themselves in the foot by leaving all it's dedicated owners stranded with only Ni200 and Ti1 for TC vaping.
BTW, when I bought mine I paid $77 for it, and that was a steal at the time. I doubt I will ever stop using it even though it is a dated mod, it's just that good.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sigelei still has the 100 watt V2 floating around. It still retails for what it did WAAAAAY back then. I have one and like it, but NO WAY I would pay that price when better technology exists that's better.

I would NOT buy the 3 LI now, but do like the one I have.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the feedback guys. Its going to stay on my list of mods to buy.

VU Sponsors