Become a Patron!

The HOG v2 competitor-Next 1510 mod!

PrinceWizdom

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
$_1.JPG

So i just came across a new 2s2p device that I thought you guys might be interested in. There is a guy on ebay selling it for about 80 shmakos with about 20 bucks for shipping (for me at least. The price includes the massive 45mm Atty and 4 batts as well- but TBH those batts look shady AF.... 35A -_-). Focal ecig has it for about a 100 (with atty but no batts). The mod seems to have some safety features from what i can gather and seems slightly better designed than the HOG imho. What do you guys think? I am a big guy and i love big stuff And it looks like i'll have to start saving up again. Hardly anything on YouTube at the moment except for a guy called "China Victor Striving" who gives a first look at it.

Oh and that sliding fire switch looks like it'll break any moment, but that's just speculation.

Links
ebay
Focalecig
Alibaba for them group buys
$_1.JPG

$_1.JPG

$_1.JPG

$_1.JPG

$_1.JPG

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I would be wary. That is a lot of power. Batteries appear to be in series as well. I would want to see some reviews and hear some experiences before playing with that.

PrinceWizdom

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I would be wary. That is a lot of power. Batteries appear to be in series as well. I would want to see some reviews and hear some experiences before playing with that.
My thoughts exactly. Still I would be comfortable with my own LG HB6s in there which i know would could pull 30A without a hitch. The fact that no 18650 capable of 35A available in the market right now is one of my biggest deterrents when i read about this thing.

triakis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Three post? Lots of wasted potential for such a wide deck.
It's series-parallel. Shouldn't be an issue as long as contact pressure is maintained. Don't like cell terminal ends getting hot from high resistance, etc.

Oh and I'd take out those included cells and use them in a flashlight.
Those are dangerous.
Unless you're running some crazy coil wrapped around a bic pen that ohms out at 1.5OHM per coil! :p
I would not trust those (rewraps) above 10A, JMHO.

PrinceWizdom

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Three post? Lots of wasted potential for such a wide deck.
It's series-parallel. Shouldn't be an issue as long as contact pressure is maintained. Don't like cell terminal ends getting hot from high resistance, etc.

Oh and I'd take out those included cells and use them in a flashlight.
Those are dangerous.
Unless you're running some crazy coil wrapped around a bic pen that ohms out at 1.5OHM per coil! :p
I would not trust those (rewraps) above 10A, JMHO.

Could just slap on an a Alliance Fatboy 46mm ;). That atty has bottom airflow and that's about all it's got going for it. LG HB6s should be a go to for these type of mods. But i just can't justify spending such a sum because I just know that it would only be used at home and not as an all day.

But i just love big mods....

triakis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes I have a fatboy here and it does sit on the shelf mainly because I don't have enough firepower to use it!
But that is about to change! :)

Those crazy airflows...

Surprised someone hasn't hooked it up to a wall socket and use an industrial vacuum for pull.
Got to admit, it would fog up the room real quick.
Like a 5kW stage fogger kit. LMAO

PrinceWizdom

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Yes I have a fatboy here and it does sit on the shelf mainly because I don't have enough firepower to use it!
But that is about to change! :)

Those crazy airflows...

Surprised someone hasn't hooked it up to a wall socket and use an industrial vacuum for pull.
Got to admit, it would fog up the room real quick.
Like a 5kW stage fogger kit. LMAO

If you do get this beast, please do a mini review :)

Hold on... If you build low enough i should think that even about 150w should be good to get her going right? Or maybe i am mistaken...

EDIT: And blimey can you build on that thing. The amount of variations possible is endless.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Brass connector threads and fixed pin? If so, what a joke. Bet it's real comfortable in the hand too. :confused: No thanks.

VU Sponsors