Become a Patron!

The E-Leaf Melo 2 (Yes that ole thing)

FrostyVapes

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had been vaping on pen vapes for about a month when I the vaping world opened up to me. I had been going to a Discount Tobacco store to buy juice/ tanks/ etc for my little vape pen at ridiculously marked up prices. When I told the store clerk that I just wasn't getting enough out of my little pen, he launched in to this series of questions that made me feel like I was taking a Calculus/Chemistry/ Anatomy SAT. Watts?? I'm trying to get a nicotine fix, not get electrocuted. Ohms?? By the time he got around to asking about "throat hit" it was all I could do NOT to punch him in the throat. I left the store more confused and closer to going back to the death sticks than when I first walked in. I was telling a co-worker about my experience and she handed me the keys to the kingdom with one website.. MtBakerVapor.com. Of course, I am now subscribed to at least a dozen sites, and spend more time on YouTube watching GrimGreen, Indoor Smokers, TiaVapes Rip Tripper and the kajillion other reviewers than a Retirement home resident spends watching old vacation slideshows. I purchased An E-leaf tc 60w with a Melo 2. tank. The only thing I understood in it's description was that it was in my budget. I had talked to the guys at my local B&M shop and purchased a bottle of Time Bomb "Pixie" ( Cause my inner fat kid jumped up and down making squealing noises when I sampled it). I've been vaping sub ohm for about 4 months now and moving in to RTAs, so of course, like most new vapers, I have been buying as many different tanks as I can ( and that my credit card will allow before it gives me the finger) and I would still be vaping on that Melo 2 if I could. The problem is that I could never get it fully disassembled for cleaning. For a low wattage coil design, it pushed clean flavor. I didn't feel like I was going to mutilate my lips on the drip tip, and it was a nice compact size. It's not a cloud beast, actually it's more like a cloud kitten. but it packs a ton of flavor between 25 - 30 watts. but since I was never able to get the top cap off, the O-ring did a great impression of the wicked witch of the west ( ok so it didn't melt, but I could almost hear the rings saying "I'm melting" with the accumulation of gunk) Due to this, I cleaned more of my juice from leakage that I vaped. Is it old within 4 months, yes, but I'd still say it was one of the better low wattage tanks I've vaped on.

VU Sponsors