Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have inw biscut and cap sl biscut, would you agree they're similar but the cap one isn't as strong? Just wondering if it's just me or not, but that's what I've noticed. I use inw biscut if I want it to really stand out or make people know there's biscut. Where the cap adds that flavor/texture but without shouting hey biscuts here! Lol if that makes any sence at all.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I didn't buy the silverline biscuit when it came out based on other peoples reviews, but from what i've heard and of the ones i have tried, the SL flavors are weak.

Wannavape247

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Finally made something that was purely unvapeable, lol. Tried to invent a Peaches and Cream with 5% WF-Tahitian Vanilla Cream, 3% TFA-Juicy Peach, 1% HS-Cream...tried it, immediately just threw the bottle away, unwicked the coils, but then for safe measure just tossed those coils, and seriously considering soaking the RDA in a vat of white vinegar for an hour just get rid of the evidence that such a horrible tasting thing ever existed and that I was the one that created it. If this were a coil, I’d atone by sacrificing wire to the Coil Gods...not sure what the DIY equivalent is...maybe sacrificing VG to the Flavor Gods? Mix 2% Hail Mary with 1% Our Father?

You're not drinking water are you?! You realize that stuff is found in antifreeze!?!
Only sacrifice pg. Vg is sacred haha.
I have tfa juicy peach and i also hate it get both peaches from fa and get peach pie and cream from wf
Mix 3% wf peach pie and cream
1.5% white peach fa
.75% peach fa
1% wf Tahitian vanilla cream

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really enjoy this thread and all of the recipes, but damn at some point I have to stop making juice and vape more. I just updated my inventory list and I'm sitting on 2.3 liters of juice and I squonk. It all looks so good that I want to keep making more.

Wannavape247

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I really enjoy this thread and all of the recipes, but damn at some point I have to stop making juice and vape more. I just updated my inventory list and I'm sitting on 2.3 liters of juice and I squonk. It all looks so good that I want to keep making more.
Thats why i rarely make large batches and try and perfect recipes that i like

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile

I've reduced mine to somewhere around 1700 mls, I've cut myself off from making anything bigger than a 30 until I get it under control.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
make your buddy pay for them lol
Yeah that definitely crossed my mind already but I'll probably use them in lots of things. I kinda like having an excuse to make another order! Lol more flavors the better.
I just wish I could remember all the flavors I need. Lol I'm always telling my self to remember to grab this or that when I order, but always forget.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah that definitely crossed my mind already but I'll probably use them in lots of things. I kinda like having an excuse to make another order! Lol more flavors the better.
I just wish I could remember all the flavors I need. Lol I'm always telling my self to remember to grab this or that when I order, but always forget.

Yeah you have to write them down lol. I used to have the same problem.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I've gotta get a mixing notebook or something. I've always been terrible with taking notes and even when I do I loose them.

I have labels that I keep with my mixing stuff that I don't use anymore. So I jot down flavors when I'm mixing.
b462d62c6cf18f43b166103dbb81a8c2.jpg

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've reduced mine to somewhere around 1700 mls, I've cut myself off from making anything bigger than a 30 until I get it under control.

Well, for most of us it's probably safe to say we have some addictive tendencies. There's also the need to ensure I'm not going to run out quickly if something drastic happens to my supply chain. Plus, I really do enjoy trying new juices even if most of them aren't ground shaking it's nice to switch things up.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ive been using wf hazelnut and cream @ 0.25% to enhance my peanut butter flavour works pretty well and acetyl pyrazine enhances all nut flavours

Finally got around to it and I added FW Hazelnut and FA Fresh Cream at .25% each. It filled out the PB giving it more nut and creaminess. It's now a damn good vape. Cheers!

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Can someone please tell me why a good number of my mixes taste better fresh off the shake? It's mostly the fruit flavors that seem to disappear over time.
Example... I made a strawberry ice cream/waffle cone and it was really good for the first week at least. Then I let it sit (mostly because I was vaping other things) and when I came back to it a couple weeks later expecting it to be better, it wasn't. I mean it was still good but it tasted more like vanilla ice cream and a waffle cone.
Its still a new recipe to me and I wasn't done working on it obviously. But again it leaves me wondering should I add more strawberry? Is there anything I can use to keep fruits alive over time? Is this normal? lol those kinda questions... thanks in advance and sorry I rambled to much.

Another thing is the other players in your mix steeped. I dont know what you used. Strawberry can fade, yes. But the Icecream and whatever you used can come more forward resulting in the flavor change.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I feel the same way. I started mixing smaller batches so I can explore more. Some of my "adv's" need a break.

Wannavape247

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not a mix but just ordered a resupply for my favourite recipe plus finally got around to ordering fa black cherry and tpa vanilla bean ice cream. Should be here by tuesday at the latest

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I only got one, yep weak. It's Fruit circles and it tastes good. But its light and airy no matter how high a percentage. I was wondering if they were all like that.
I kinda like that about them though. That's what I was trying to say before is I think they're great for backround/ support flavors.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Another thing is the other players in your mix steeped. I dont know what you used. Strawberry can fade, yes. But the Icecream and whatever you used can come more forward resulting in the flavor change.
So dialing the others back could also help? Maybe stepping is just overtaking the strawberry?

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So dialing the others back could also help? Maybe stepping is just overtaking the strawberry?

I recently made a melon/strawberry/vanilla mix. It was a 1/3/1 ratio. For the first week it was super melony and delish. Sometime after that the vanilla and sb decided showed up lol. It still tastes good but not melon forward. If I want it to be more melony after time, I probably need to adjust dem ratios. I'm still learning, or trying to anyways haha.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got a few bucks for flavors but I dont know what I want! I keep putting stuff in my cart, then taking it out, cuz I find something else. I got some serious shuffle-action going on. The majority of what I want is popular Cap flavors (That I don't have). After that, I may dive head-first into cakes, or chocolate, or ...dammit lol.

Last edited:

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I got a few bucks for flavors but I dont know what I want! I keep putting stuff in my cart, then taking it out, cuz I find something else. I got some serious shuffle-action going on. The majority of what I want is popular Cap flavors (That I don't have). After that, I may dive head-first into cakes, or chocolate, or ...dammit lol.
I wish I could take flavors out of my cart. lol I just keep putting them in!

Wannavape247

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Got my delivery of flavours thank you rainbowvapes .
I was going to just make the recipe that i bought my flavours for however since i have alot more now i decided to remake the recipe.
Tpa vanilla bean ice cream 2%
Tpa blueberry wild 3%
FA billberry 1%
FA raspberry 2.5%
FA vienna cream 1%
Inw raspberry concentrate 1.5%

But now that ive made that, even before tasting it I already wanted to make a black cherry and blueberry ice cream and see if i could add a touch of koolada for icy effect.

Wannavape247

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ditto. Sucks to be us

I guess im still not sure how you guys cant taste something as powerful as strawberry.
I guess its because i can taste pretty much anything as in the good the bad and the awful. There isnt a flavour i havent tried yet that i couldnt taste. I mean im currently experimenting with a koolada menthol mix trying to replicate the malaysian juice feel thats popular over here. Anyway tried tasting the juice after 24hrs and it made my tongue shrivel and go numb for almost 3 hours haha. Yeah note to self menthol needs to steep longer and under no circumstances should anyone be made to taste koolada. [Shudders] sorry for the rant

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ditto. Sucks to be us

I found some more clone recipes that use Strawberry and most all of them have listed to use 10% TFA-Ripe Strawberry. Seems like a ridiculously high percentage just for strawberry, but if it helps the strawberry come through, I might try it out...anyone tried TFA-Ripe Strawberry?

You're not drinking water are you?! You realize that stuff is found in antifreeze!?!

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I found some more clone recipes that use Strawberry and most all of them have listed to use 10% TFA-Ripe Strawberry. Seems like a ridiculously high percentage just for strawberry, but if it helps the strawberry come through, I might try it out...anyone tried TFA-Ripe Strawberry?

Thats arguably the top selling flavor. Everyone has it except @wllmc lol.

10% isn't over the top imo if it's the only strawberry in the recipe. All you can do is try it and then adjust to your taste buds.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried it with Sweet Strawberry and it didn’t come through still, so, think I’ll grab the Ripe Strawberry and give it a shot. It recommended TFA-Pineapple rather than the INW-Pineapple, too, so I might grab that while I’m at it too, once I get some funds to feed BCV.

Wannavape247

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Yes and ive never had a problem with it. Usually use at between 2 and 4.5% depending on how deep you want the strawberry but i always back mine up with strawberry shisha inw or rf strawberry sc at 1 to 1.5%

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes and ive never had a problem with it. Usually use at between 2 and 4.5% depending on how deep you want the strawberry but i always back mine up with strawberry shisha inw or rf strawberry sc at 1 to 1.5%

I think it was more about the final percentages of all the flavors that kind of shocked me, because it was 10% TFA-Ripe Strawberry, 6% TFA-Juicy Peach, 4% TFA-Pineapple, 1% CAP-Super Sweet. So, 21% final tally on the flavors is just higher than what I’ve run across with cloning this flavor so far.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think it was more about the final percentages of all the flavors that kind of shocked me, because it was 10% TFA-Ripe Strawberry, 6% TFA-Juicy Peach, 4% TFA-Pineapple, 1% CAP-Super Sweet. So, 21% final tally on the flavors is just higher than what I’ve run across with cloning this flavor so far.

That is a pretty high flavor percentage. Gotta remember the old recipes were being Vaped in cartos at like 10 watts lol.

But everything's subjective so you have to find out what you like.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anyone have a strawberry recipe that uses NF malt?

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is a pretty high flavor percentage. Gotta remember the old recipes were being Vaped in cartos at like 10 watts lol.

But everything's subjective so you have to find out what you like.

There was also something else that threw me off when I was trying that recipe last night. I made the recipe with 21% final total on flavors last night, but when I popped all the numbers in ELR, it didn’t list any PG being used in the recipe even though I plugged in 80/20 for my vg/pg ratio. If I took any of the flavors down by 1% it listed .11g of PG, but at the called for 10-6-4-1 flavors, PG was removed from the ingredients. Is that because of the possible PG in the flavor concentrate that no extra was needed or something?

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There was also something else that threw me off when I was trying that recipe last night. I made the recipe with 21% final total on flavors last night, but when I popped all the numbers in ELR, it didn’t list any PG being used in the recipe even though I plugged in 80/20 for my vg/pg ratio. If I took any of the flavors down by 1% it listed .11g of PG, but at the called for 10-6-4-1 flavors, PG was removed from the ingredients. Is that because of the possible PG in the flavor concentrate that no extra was needed or something?

Yup that's correct. The majority of flavors are PG based.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Time for some ELR surfing perhaps?

Just a touch of mixing today.
Red Dragon Custard(WIP) still tweaking this, pretty close done
@Howard Hughes wild berry skittles, slightly lowered amounts
@wllmc Christmas cocoa
I've went through 28 pages of strawberry recipes so far lol. So hard to tell what's good.

I saw a recipe that was like 8% FW strawberry and 10% FW cotton candy. Gotta be one if the worst things ever but several people gave it 5 stars. Crazy.

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
I've went through 28 pages of strawberry recipes so far lol. So hard to tell what's good.

I saw a recipe that was like 8% FW strawberry and 10% FW cotton candy. Gotta be one if the worst things ever but several people gave it 5 stars. Crazy.

10% FW cotton candy? That's gotta be pure sugar, how do ey even taste the strawberry with it? :blech:

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Don't think I've ever made one honestly lol

Well here's my cereal vape, it's a work in progress but it taste great imo. Still not matching up with what I want but overall pretty good. Any feedback is greatly appreciated if any tries it.
From what I've read I think cap sl fruit circles could be subbed for Tfa fruit circles at a lower percent. I don't have it to say the exact % but it's on order.
4f1b1285f9032e504d1aca857dca960d.jpg

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Well here's my cereal vape, it's a work in progress but it taste great imo. Still not matching up with what I want but overall pretty good. Any feedback is greatly appreciated if any tries it.
From what I've read I think cap sl fruit circles could be subbed for Tfa fruit circles at a lower percent. I don't have it to say the exact % but it's on order.

That is a lot of crazy going on there...hope it turns out good for ya eventually.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

I've got TFA Fruit Circles, that stuff is overpowering over 4%, with your mix I bet 1.5% would be plenty

I ordered an Eleaf iCare and CAP VC V1 yesterday, now I'm eyeballing nicotine salt bases o.0 I sure like the 54mg in my mom's Juul, and convinced her to order some liquid and a new cheaper pod system that can be refilled, the Limitless Pulse thing...I think I'm more into getting vaping to work for her than she is, though. Just glad I stopped her from spending $65 on Juul pods....JEEZE

Last edited:

VU Sponsors