The Daily Mixing Thread

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid - General Discussion' started by Mykreign, Sep 30, 2017.

1. DaBunny

DaBunny Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Question for @Smoky Blue
    got my in order today with the macaroon & cereal crunch ya whooo
    so mixed up This
    alpine strawberry napolian.jpg
    used the smooth vanilla.
    yet It is not noted what the steep time is.
    and when it comes to Creams, Custards and pudding if ya don't know
    ASK..
    so am asking???????

2. Rhianne

Rhianne Diamond Contributor ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Ooh, I got that in a one shot from Smoky. I haven’t mixed it yet, I’m expecting more short fills soon.
    Plus, I’m staggering my package opening as it approaches Christmas. Seems like more nice presents that way! For the twelve days of Christmas and all.

3. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    As long as it’s not enough to clog up wire, it sounds good! Just straight up salt flavor would be cool in a lot of stuff.

4. DaBunny

Blog Posts:
    this smells soooooooooooooo good ...

Heartsdelight, Smoky Blue and Rhianne like this.
  5. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    Don’t tempt me, Bunny. I’m trying to not open stuff. It feels like I’m saving money this way, but I’m not sure. :giggle:

Hugs to the little bun with cute clothes!

Smoky Blue and DaBunny like this.
  6. nadalama

nadalama Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I was more concerned about rust.

7. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    I was thinking of salt corrosion and the way it coats stuff. Thanks for the clarifying idea!

8. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    You ordered from Smokey’s site? Or you just got FLV flavors? I’m really looking forward to her one shots! I splurged since it’s after my birthday and before Christmas. Or that’s what I’m telling my hubby! :teehee:

Smoky Blue likes this.
  9. Smoky Blue

Smoky Blue VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 5 Years Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:

from 3-5 days.. 7 is better, but if you just can not help yourself :p
    Smooth is the correct replacement. I no longer make the vicious vanilla, as I turned the recipe over and Smooth is the best. ;)

lolol mix away!! that way they can start to steep... <master plotting here :D

Sorry been busy.. and then my son took me to my first hockey game tonight.. tired and heading to bed!! <3

10. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    Hey, Smoky. I got the package but I’m waiting a bit to open it! It’s a special one, anyway. I’m waiting for short fills to be delivered to be able to mix. I know, I’m a lazy mixer.

I’m never tried mixing with 100mg nic yet, and I’d rather be more comfortable doing it with your shots. So short fills it is!

Hope you had a blast at the hockey game. :hug::hug:

Smoky Blue likes this.
  11. Smoky Blue

Blog Posts:

I did... :D it was fun... first in a while since summer my son and I got out to do anything. The best!!

Mixing with 100mg nic, just make sure you have your towels, wear your shades (some sort of eye protection) maybe gloves..
    it's not as scary as you think.. you wont die, but try not to splash any on you or get it in your eyes.. You have this.. control Rhianne.. ;)
    Easy peasy... :D

DaBunny and Rhianne like this.
  12. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    For now, the short fills with nic in them are so excellent. Someone here told me to please consult them before using the 100mg stuff to mix! It’s nice to know I inspire confidence like that! Lol

Was it a local team that you saw play hockey? It must’ve been fun going with your son, though.

I’ll let you know when I break gleefully into your package and mix up something yummy! Grr..the steeping wait! :giggle: :hug::hug:

13. nadalama

nadalama Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
  14. Smoky Blue

Blog Posts:
    Our local team the Swamp Rabbits.. yeah don't ask me how we have a bunch of rabbid bunnies chasing a puck with sticks is fierce lol.. they lost the game by 6 points.. the other goalie lol.. he had an upsie downsie issue last night and nothing got by him.. think they were from Florida.. heck I didnt know in the land of sunshine they had hockey.. was surprised we do too, being in the foothills of the Carolinas :p :teehee::giggle:

Sounds good, make sure to tag me since I am running everywhere.. bout to take off for today too.. :)

15. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    Carolina Hurricanes are huge up this way, from what I understand. I haven't been to a game myself, but my daughters are fans.

16. Smoky Blue

Blog Posts:
    All I know is our fluffy bunnies haha!! played a good game but have a bit of room for improvement.. I know it can be a violent sport, but the other team had the uppsie downsies down pat and I thought it was a 6pt loss.. no.. it was 9! I dont think they are national, but they have pared up with the Hurricanes.. Because my son is interning at Bon Secours, we can go to some of the games.. it was our first time last night, but there have been other times he could have gone..

Heartsdelight, Rhianne and nadalama like this.
  17. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    Seems like it would be huge fun to go to the games! I don't mind seeing a renegade elbow or a punch thrown from time to time. :devil:

We watched the Hurricanes quite a bit on tv one year that they played for the Cup, been quite a while ago now. They were really in their heyday then.

I wish we had a local team! I'd go!

18. Smoky Blue

Blog Posts:
    Oh it was fun, do not take me wrong.. :D I knew the basic rules but never seen any live games.. :popcorn:<3 :teehee::giggle:

Rhianne, gopher_byrd and nadalama like this.
  19. DaBunny

Blog Posts:
    YOU GO BUNNY don't let dem score!
    [​IMG]
    swamp rabbits all da WAY.... yaaaaaaaaaaaa

DER NUMBER ONE
    DER NUMBER ONE
    !!! DER NUMBER ONE !!!

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  20. MrMeowgi

MrMeowgi The Vapin' Drummer Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    You live in the foothills? I'm just east of Statesville

Heartsdelight and Rhianne like this.
  21. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    Hey, does anyone know if there's a current coupon code for Bull City besides the normal VU6?

22. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    I was wondering about ice hockey in the Carolinas too! I didn’t want to sound ignorant about sports, though!

I will tag you. And thanks for the opportunity to add some nice juice to my holiday. :hug::hug:

Smoky Blue likes this.
  23. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    I expect to see your bunny in a hockey outfit, Bunny.

Smoky Blue likes this.
  24. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    Cripes, I didn’t even use VU6!!

25. wildgypsy70

wildgypsy70 My son calls me "vape mom" Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    I don’t think so. I’m sure they’ll have a Xmas sale!

Heartsdelight and nadalama like this.
  26. gopher_byrd

gopher_byrd Cranky Old Fart VU Donator Gold Contributor ECF Refugee Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    look in the donator forum @nadalama

27. gopher_byrd

gopher_byrd Cranky Old Fart VU Donator Gold Contributor ECF Refugee Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    Oh yeah, back on topic. I mixed up v4 of my An Apple @_Midnight (WIP) I'll see how this one turns out next week. I also mixed up some @Smoky Blue recipes, Poached Figs in Cheese Sauce, Bar of Pebbles, and Creme de Blue's.

28. DaBunny

Blog Posts:
    Creme de Blue's.???? do tell

29. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    Hey thanks! I did not think of that!

30. gopher_byrd

Blog Posts:
    Heartsdelight, Smoky Blue and Rhianne like this.
  31. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    That looks amazing, Gopher. You guys will have me mixing recipes really quickly like this! Thanks.

32. wildgypsy70

wildgypsy70 My son calls me "vape mom" Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    Heartsdelight, Rhianne and nadalama like this.
  33. Theboss

Theboss VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Wait, I missed hockey talk? Always tag the Canadian eh!

34. DaBunny

Blog Posts:
    did so happen TO look...
    SB.jpg

CUZ am REAL good at copy and paste.
    yet am GLAD i asked...
    cuz that looked good

35. gopher_byrd

Blog Posts:
    That's weird @DaBunny, I searched and got this:

upload_2019-12-15_5-45-16.png

Heartsdelight and Rhianne like this.
  36. DaBunny

Blog Posts:
    gopher_byrd likes this.
  37. gopher_byrd

Blog Posts:
    Here's how I mix: I line up the flavors in the order shown on the recipe on the right side of my scale. After I put in a flavor I move it to the left side of my scale. That way if I get distracted I don't need to remember where I stopped. I put in flavors first, then nic, then PG and give it a swirl. Finally I add the VG and cap up the bottle. Then I shake the shit outta it and label it. Then it goes into my closet to age and do it's magic.

Smoky Blue, RonJS, Rhianne and 2 others like this.
  38. Just Frank

Just Frank Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
  39. Just Frank

Blog Posts:
    Hockey is pretty popular here (in Minnesota). The highschools and colleges around here usually have competitive teams. The girls even play and have their own teams.

Smoky Blue and nadalama like this.
  40. Just Frank

Blog Posts:
    You just described how I do things, even the flavor bottles part. Only one small difference but it doesn't matter. I measure flavors, pg, then nic in that order :D. I actually do the pre-VG swirl thing to get the solution mixed up before the VG goes in. I don't weigh the VG on the scale anymore. I just sort of "top it off". I know where the level should be on my bottles.

41. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    Click on the post number in the bottom right corner, then when the dialog box comes up, highlight the entire address and copy it. To paste in a post, click the link button, then paste what you copied into that dialog box.

misswish and Just Frank like this.
  42. Just Frank

Blog Posts:
    Ah-hah thank you!

43. marter

marter VU Donator Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Remove the period from your search terms

DaBunny likes this.
  44. DaBunny

Blog Posts:
    hey frank where abouts in MN are you???

and THANK YOU..
    dat was driving me NUTS

marter likes this.
  45. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    Bunny, you capitalized the words, Gopher didn’t. Maybe that’s it, although it really shouldn’t matter.

I also got a blank page when I searched for Smoky at ELR.

46. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    @Rhianne and @DaBunny when you search in ELR be sure you're on ELR's main page.

Your own recipes page looks a lot like the main page, but it only shows your recipes.

When you search from your own recipes page, the search only covers your recipes, whereas from the main page, it searches everything.

I searched for Creme de Blue from the main page and got the results gopher did.

47. Just Frank

Blog Posts:
    I live about equidistant between Minneapolis and Winnipeg. It's mostly small to medium sized towns around here. I'm sort of between Fargo ND, and Duluth MN also but closer to Fargo.

DaBunny likes this.
  48. marter

marter VU Donator Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    See my previous response to her and her reply. She had a period immediately after the recipe she was searching for, and it brought zero results. Punctuation matters.

Rhianne likes this.
  49. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    You’re between the Coen Brothers and John Sanford.

ilikeitfruity and Just Frank like this.
  50. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    After days on end of vaping INW Eucalyptus Mint, I was ready to pour it down the drain. It was great when I was feeling blech, but it just seemed to get way stronger (at @ 1.5%.)

I didn’t want to waste it, so yesterday I added some Cap Vanilla Whipped Cream and Vanilla Custard at @3 %. Didn’t make a dent! I was bummed, so finally today I added 5% of Pur VIC and Vanilla custard. The Pur Custard has a crusty pastry like flavor that I only noticed when I added it to coffee.

Finally this concoction is vapable. I’m waiting on some short fills and didn’t want to try pouring VG into a 60ml for a new mix, since glycerine is slower than molasses. Plus it’s cold here!

Sorry so wordy!

misswish likes this.