The Daily Mixing Thread

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid - General Discussion' started by Mykreign, Sep 30, 2017.

1. DaBunny

DaBunny Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    DAT'S DA TRICK
    how could I be so stupid ...

am gonna have sparkey pick me up
    [​IMG]

make a note: don't drink TEA why reading ELR.

debinnv, Smoky Blue and wildgypsy70 like this.
  2. wildgypsy70

wildgypsy70 My son calls me "vape mom" Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    This is not a bad idea at all.

3. Smoky Blue

Smoky Blue VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 5 Years Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    lmao... @da bunny... you are a mess!!
    We all have created a monster here.. ut oh! :drunk:

wildgypsy70 and DaBunny like this.
  4. Smoky Blue

Blog Posts:

Not sure if you have all the flavors.. but I have at least a page or so of chocolates.. :)

5. Synphul

Synphul Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I haven't seen your recipes, are they on elr or someplace? Not sure where to look. People mentioning your recipes are exclusively using flavorah flavorings, that might be an issue for me. I don't have an unlimited vape budget and flavorah are noticeably more expensive than other brands. I was kinda cringing trying water malone, unsure if I'd like it and 2 of the flavorings were flv. Just to try it meant $11 for 2 flv flavors and somewhat specific flavorings that wouldn't really be overly universal to use in other recipes. I don't have a ton of flavors anyway, not like others do who have been doing this longer.

One of the other flavorings I have from flv is their cotton candy, trying to duplicate a pretty good c.c. flavor for my mom (about all she vapes). In all honesty flv's 'cotton candy' was kind of a let down, especially for the price. Tfa's cotton candy wasn't perfect either, but closer and less than half the price. I don't think any one flavoring brand has all the best flavors, seems like each has a few good ones and some not so great ones.

bobnat, nadalama and wildgypsy70 like this.
  6. Smoky Blue

Blog Posts:

I'm not hard to find.. I leave recipes in the recipe thread here.. with a link to the og recipe on elr..
    a good search on elr.. or read my signature here.. or follow the links I leave around..
    As far as expensive.. they are about as cheap if not cheaper to use than even fw... comparing cost for amounts used.
    Here is a direct link https://e-liquid-recipes.com/?filter=28997

In fact, a link to my chocolate recipes in right above your own post.. hmm..

not a clue how you used it or with what or how high or low... but some people prefer the standards, and others do enjoy the ultras..
    if you over use anything, of course it will be nasty awful or not live up to expectations.. reminds me of a blog post I made on my site about over use..

found here https://flvfan.com/overuse-funky-tastes-and-you/

who knows... but hey, at least you tried..

btw.. this next round of contests will be fun.. if you can find where they will be.. on fb and on the elr forum side.
    I'd make links or do contests here.. but again.. there isn't much fan fare.. no space or spot.. eh.. it is what it is and what it can be..
    at least there are others out there that do enjoy it..

Ima like my own post... YAY!! :) ooops can't like my own post.. oh well..

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
    Artemis likes this.
  7. Artemis

Artemis Gold Contributor Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    Smoky Blue likes this.
  8. Smoky Blue

Blog Posts:
    Tell ya what... the flavors you do not have.. let me know.. send me a message on fb... will see you get them..

Recipe: Carrot Cake https://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/2915883/Smoky Blue's Carrot Cake

I have to make an order anyhow.. :)

Howard Hughes and Artemis like this.
  9. Synphul

Blog Posts:
    It's not that FLV cotton candy tasted gross, they just missed the mark. It's like Russell Stover's chocolate vs Ghirardelli, one tastes like chocolate the other doesn't. Not to say some don't like RS, taste is subjective. I tried it at 2%, tried it at 3%. While I don't think tfa's cotton candy (10% em) is perfect by any means, it's better. Tfa CC is $1.05 for 15ml, Flv cotton candy is $5.50 for 15ml. Using tfa cc at 5-6% is better imo, at a rate of 3x the volume of product it's still cheaper than Flv which runs over 5x the price. Just being expensive doesn't mean it's a winner and one of the pitfalls of being brand loyal regardless the brand.

Sorry I didn't realize you were interwebs famous or where to find your recipes. All I did was ask. Apparently if I didn't know where your recipes were you're not as famous or as important as you like to think you are. Facts.

10. Synphul

Blog Posts:
    To be fair, I did go to bougiebitch.com in search of your recipes. Didn't see them so lost interest. Shrugs. :shades:

11. Artemis

Blog Posts:
    Thanks smoky but I do get a paycheck soon. I started a new job. It just takes 3 weeks to get a decent check. I did get some cha ching last Friday but had to buy food. I'm going to be okay I just have to wait. Very sweet of you for the offer.

wildgypsy70 and Smoky Blue like this.
  12. Smoky Blue

Blog Posts:

Perhaps you should go even lower.. not everything has to be started at 2% :)
    think 1% and under.. but hey who the hell am I to tell you what to do with your flavors.. take a bath in them for all I care.
    I have been here and other places for years and I really do not care if you want to make an ass out of yourself or not.

13. Smoky Blue

Blog Posts:
    I know.. you will be fine.. ;)

Artemis likes this.
  14. Howard Hughes

Howard Hughes the way of the future.... VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Yes I saw that too, but forgot to list it. I'll be replacing mine with their Citrus Punch II. Thanks for catching that one!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  15. bobnat

bobnat VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I don't have many FLVs either, I get them here and there. I think I have about 20. I can say that I mixed one recipe from the FLV recipe book at about 3% with 3 or 4 flavors. I was amazed at how strong and flavorful it was.

16. Smoky Blue

Blog Posts:
    It really does not take much when you work with quality flavors..
    I can't help its all I mix with.. but I love what I mix and that is what counts.
    if less is more and its tastier.. I only have one shipping bill for my flavors, I win..
    the rest really does not matter as to who else mixes with what.. that is what diy is all about.

happy you liked it too @bobnat .. I just wish I could run my contests and give out free flavors..
    I dont know many that do not like free stuff.

bobnat and Heartsdelight like this.
  17. Howard Hughes

Howard Hughes the way of the future.... VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I only have like 18 FLV I think. Like everyone else they have their good & then a few not so good.
    I really like the Boysenberry, Cream, Frosting, Greek Yogurt, Grape, Lemonade, Marshmallow, Rich Cinnamon & Vanilla Custard. I could never limit myself to one vendor though, as they all seem to have SOME good ones!

18. Smoky Blue

Blog Posts:
    Not many can.. I have for years now. It's what I like.
    Trust me, I have tried to go back to other flavor companies.
    They just all taste funny odd even all my older recipes, they just dont hit the mark.

Howard Hughes likes this.
  19. DaBunny

Blog Posts:
    OK smokey........
    last nights study ...{thanks to you}
    had me going threw the Flavorah list.
    and found.
    don't laugh... CARROTS... I LOVE CARROTS
    and kept thinking CARROT CAKE..

do you have a flovorah CARROT CAKE recipe dat is just as good as MY grandmas recipe?

for THAT I would invest.

next month will be ordering Cream from flavoria.. <---for me study in creams
    so i could maybe sneek That in to try.

Heartsdelight and Smoky Blue like this.
  20. Smoky Blue

Blog Posts:
    lmao... not sure how YOUR grandmother's carrot cake is.. but I do have one.. :)

Recipe: Carrot Cake https://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/2915883/Smoky Blue's Carrot Cake

Heartsdelight likes this.
  21. DaBunny

Blog Posts:
    carrot cake.jpg
    I did find that.
    yet there is NO pineapple I ALWAYS think carrot cake should have some pinepple

already have butterscotch irish cream and rich cinnamon..

and have been looking crossed eyes drolling at pistachio

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
    Artemis and Smoky Blue like this.
  22. Smoky Blue

Blog Posts:
    Add some.. my guess for pineapple to be added here, try .6% to .8% and see the difference :)

DaBunny likes this.
  23. DaBunny

Blog Posts:
    i am not ignoring you..
    just entering this into me juice it up recipe box. WITH NOTES

Smoky Blue likes this.
  24. Smoky Blue

Blog Posts:
    :bliss: lol.. be sure once mixed, to let it sit with a good shake every day, for at least 3 days..
    best after 5 days and even better on the 12th-14 day mark.. :popcorn:

I might have to remake it myself... after this ginger snap juice I am working on is finished! :bingo:

DaBunny likes this.
  25. DaBunny

Blog Posts:
    thank you and just put DAT in da notes to.

Smoky Blue likes this.
  26. wildgypsy70

wildgypsy70 My son calls me "vape mom" Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    Hey, all! I’m on a quest! And I need some feedback......

I’ve been sent a bottle of Cornbread Pudding....the famous Cornbread pudding. And I’m trying to “clone” it. We all know that’s really, really hard, but hey, why not give it a shot, right?

So besides the obscene amount of Super Sweet, I’m fairly close. And a bit surprised. I’ve done half a dozen mixes, all with 4-6 flavors. They’re good, but not CBP. Perhaps they’re even better, but.......not quite right. After doing the more complicated route, I went KISS......

Cereal 27 5%
    VBIC 3%
    Super Sweet 0.5%(I’m sure this can be raised to 1% for the real thing)

Now, it hasn’t steeped. I picked VBIC because of the color...CBP is pretty damn close to VBIC in color, to my eyes. I could be off, maybe it’s Vanilla Whipped Cream(also yellower). Try it. On the knuckle, it’s close. Not 100%, but close.......

Any thoughts? Could it be this simple?

NGAHaze, misswish, debinnv and 3 others like this.
  27. Heartsdelight

Heartsdelight VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Where’s the corn?

marter and wildgypsy70 like this.
  28. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    Cereal 27 is cornflakes. It’s either Cereal 27 or straight AP. I’ll probably make one with AP to compare.

Heartsdelight, debinnv and marter like this.
  29. Artemis

Blog Posts:
    That would be a carrot pineapple cake. :)
    IDK which cornbread pudding is famous but Country Clouds has this as a profile of the flavor
    Flavor Profile: Corn Bread, Vanilla, Brown Sugar, Maple

30. marter

marter VU Donator Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Here's the recipe Shakenvape007 did with AP. This is one of the two recipes (the other one was NickEvz) that Wayne Walker featured in the "Corn Bread Showdown" podcast, saying neither were exact clones but both good vapes. Anyway, the shakenvape007 recipe has some good notes around what he tried and you're talking about. Not sure whether you've seen them or not.

wildgypsy70 and Heartsdelight like this.
  31. Jonnytc1

Jonnytc1 Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    marter, wildgypsy70 and Heartsdelight like this.
  32. debinnv

debinnv VU Donator Gold Contributor ECF Refugee Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    Little OT here, but has anyone seen or heard from @Rhianne? I'm so used to seeing her in the threads and I haven't for a few days. Hope all is well.

misswish and wildgypsy70 like this.
  33. Huckleberried

Huckleberried Terrible wingman. Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    I was wondering about @Hillbilly Pig! Haven't seen him post in quite some time.

34. Hillbilly Pig

Hillbilly Pig Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    I'm still kicking, I've been busy lately, and just haven't bothered posting in a while. I'm still here, just lurking.

I did mix today tho, technically last night, but semantics.

Baked Alaska by @Mykreign @88ArDeN88 @Just Frank and me, haven't had this in a while.
    Crunchy Berry Cupcake
    @Mykreign Green Apple Flavorburst
    Modified Peanut Butter milkshake by vapourmod on ELR
    Red Dragon Custard
    @Teresa P Toast and Jelly, modified

35. Heartsdelight

Heartsdelight VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    marter and wildgypsy70 like this.
  36. 88ArDeN88

88ArDeN88 Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I forgot about this. I should mix some of that up. It was good.

37. debinnv

Blog Posts:
    Is the recipe on ELR? Sounds yummy

38. 88ArDeN88

Blog Posts:
    Ummm, maybe. I'll dig it up for you. It was what we made up for the first mixing challenge on here.

39. debinnv

Blog Posts:
    Oh thank you so much. I saw a few on ELR just now but I rather make the one you all put together cuz you rock!!

40. 88ArDeN88

Blog Posts:
    upload_2019-10-25_9-29-29.png

you can use LB Vanilla Ice cream if you don't have cap. I think some of us used LB and some CAP, but the final we submitted was with CAP. It definitely needs a good 7 days to come together if I remember correctly.

41. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    That’s the one!

42. debinnv

Blog Posts:
    Thank you so much. I don't have the holy vanilla but I have FA's Vanilla Bourbon and Caps French Vanilla and Madgascar Vanilla by I think FA? Would any of those be okay?

43. 88ArDeN88

Blog Posts:
    hmmm, Holy Vanilla is like a darker vanilla. I would say not FA Vanilla Bourbon because it has an earthy undertone, I'd probably try Caps French Vanilla at the same percentage. I don't have that one, but I get a French Vanilla bakery flavor from Holy Vanilla.

44. debinnv

Blog Posts:
    Okay will give it a whirl with that one then. Thanks!

45. DaBunny

Blog Posts:
    am just pondering da perplexitys of da Da Carrot Cake.......

and just how strong that carrot would have to [email protected] 3 drops
    cuz its da same as da cinn. { and i know how strong da cin is }

and then ya have 36 drops of filler..

24 drops of the 36 Sweet.
    Pineapple not included

hummmmmmmmmmmmm...

am getting inspired here..
    carrot pineapple custard doughnut

HOWARD
    what do you know about CARROTS

wildgypsy70 and Howard Hughes like this.
  46. Huckleberried

Huckleberried Terrible wingman. Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    Life does get in the way, sometimes, I get that. We'll wave to you, now and then. :wave:

47. Howard Hughes

Blog Posts:
    Sorry DB, but I'd be no help on this one as I have never liked carrots, so I've never been interested in carrot vapes. :(

48. DaBunny

Blog Posts:
    dang... betcha hate spinich to.... bad as sparkey don't like your veggies..
    yet
    at $6.49 for carrot i want more then one recipe to play with.
    finding a lot of Cake recipies yet not much else..
    I will keep looking.
    let me think..
    mandrin orange carrot
    pine apple carrot
    custard carrot
    things that go with carrot

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
  49. NGAHaze

NGAHaze Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Don't forget raisins! ;)

50. DaBunny

Blog Posts:
    o yes or figs annnnnnn
    .. da nuts ... <---not refuring to meself der..

Smoky Blue, NGAHaze and Heartsdelight like this.