Become a Patron!

The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The trick is they make it seem like everything will be fine after August 8th till 2018. But the first things that will happen is every small and medium hardware manufacturer that can't survive on the selling of the exact same hardware every month will die off. Look at Augvape. Already discontinuing a popular model only 5 months old and probably their biggest seller because they weren't going to sell enough to make more runs because until things break most people who wanted it already had it.

Then they will close down ports. No more getting even legitimate pre lockdown hardware from china. Because they are a source of illegal vape material. Then comes the limitation on nicotine sales because that needs to be monitored and controlled. We might be able to get some stuff here and there. But eventually it will be like 2011. With only dual purpose vape shops with a handful of items. The websites will gouge us a bit.

By 2018 the regs won't need to be enforced because just the freeze alone and the the side regs will do enough to destroy vaping.
Nailed it.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Debbiej

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanx for clearing that. Trickle effect. Close ports and things will sky rocket. Most of people who shrug have tanks with the remade coils and buy their juice. Only thing they are interested in is the final line--- the vape. Don't have time or interest for casting votes or writing to keep FDA outta vaping. Thing is..... I think they'll be the worst hit.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Thanx for clearing that. Trickle effect. Close ports and things will sky rocket. Most of people who shrug have tanks with the remade coils and buy their juice. Only thing they are interested in is the final line--- the vape. Don't have time or interest for casting votes or writing to keep FDA outta vaping. Thing is..... I think they'll be the worst hit.

That is my feeling too. Well, the poor schmucks that are still smoking and will have a hard time finding a real vape to use instead :facepalm:

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
You watch, smoking analogs will go back up (over time)...some of the peeps who just started vaping to get off cigs will cave in and go back to the smokes because it's too much of a hassle to get vape gear AND not a real money saver if they tax the shit out of our juice and tanks etc. Improving the health of the nation is within their reach and they just throw it down the tubes with the scramble for more $$. Those teens they are claiming to "protect" will just buy a pack of Camels instead of the "evil" vape setup cause they can't find one anywhere easy...but the 7-11 will still have the smokes.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Smokes were 40 cents a pack when I started

My last pack of Newports last January cost $8.99

They went up though. I got my husband a carton of smokes today: $93.99 at the cheapest place.

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I do my own NETs from $10-$15 cigars...each one gives me enough concentrate for 6 months...add in the nic base and vg...probably spend about $40 a month on ejuice. When I quit smoking almost 4 years ago I was spending $260 a month on cigs. Course I'm kind of a vape gear nut, so I am not really saving much. BUT I don't smell like an ashtray or wheeze myself to sleep either.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Where do y'all live? Carton of Marlboros are $50 here in VA.

I'm in Florida.... Newports are $75.00/carton plus tax.... But in New York they are $140.00 / plus tax

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
With sales tax a carton of Stinkies will run between $95-$115 at discount prices. It's also a Class C felony to buy Tobacco online or out of State and bring back.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Smokes were 40 cents a pack when I started

My last pack of Newports last January cost $8.99

They went up though. I got my husband a carton of smokes today: $93.99 at the cheapest place.

Alaska.

They were trying to add another $1.00 per pack tax in the last legislative session, but it was tied to a bunch of other new or increased taxes. It passed the senate but was never voted on in the house.

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That there is the #1 reason the Vaping Underground came about.

Joe was doing a little prepping of his own;)
They just arrested the registered owner of kickasstorrents and seized their domain, all of which were located in foreign countries. That was just to enforce copyright laws.

Vapingunderground is registered with godaddy and hosted by cloudfare, both of which are solidly based in the usa.

Not trying to be a hater or a pessimist, but the only thing currently underground about this site is it's name. Hopefully Joe has some plans brewing on the back burner because if they plan to use this site to circumvent the law, especially federal drug laws, they're going to be in for one hell of a surprise.

Just sayin.

P.S. I love my Boreas. Still the best tank I've ever owned and I want dozens more.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
They just arrested the registered owner of kickasstorrents and seized their domain, all of which were located in foreign countries. That was just to enforce copyright laws.

Vapingunderground is registered with godaddy and hosted by cloudfare, both of which are solidly based in the usa.

Not trying to be a hater or a pessimist, but the only thing currently underground about this site is it's name. Hopefully Joe has some plans brewing on the back burner because if they plan to use this site to circumvent the law, especially federal drug laws, they're going to be in for one hell of a surprise.

Just sayin.

P.S. I love my Boreas. Still the best tank I've ever owned and I want dozens more.

torrents:facepalm: so much easier to just stream it.
You the member are responsible for your own content.

I doubt Vaping and Vaping accessories Will ever become 100% illegal but our choices will be seriously limited.

Right now if it were this day post flavor ban i know no less than a dozen different members i could pm and get whatever flavor eliquid i want.

i sure as hell wouldn't put up a "i need birthday cake flavored juice right away.... hurry!!!" post nor would any of the people i could get that juice from answer a post like that.

it will never be illegal to share ideas or experiences.

if it were then why have the three major drug forums been up for well over a decade each?

the torrent sites get taken down because they host links to stolen merchandise so that's a bad analogy.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Where do y'all live? Carton of Marlboros are $50 here in VA.

I used to stop in VA to get cigarettes on my way home to Maryland when i used to just spend winters in Florida.

But my friends up there used to just get them in Delaware because it was only a 40 minute drive.

Plus a lot of my friends were carpet, hardwood, and vinyl installers and their shop was right over the state line in Delaware.

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
torrents:facepalm: so much easier to just stream it.
You the member are responsible for your own content.

I doubt Vaping and Vaping accessories Will ever become 100% illegal but our choices will be seriously limited.

Right now if it were this day post flavor ban i know no less than a dozen different members i could pm and get whatever flavor eliquid i want.

i sure as hell wouldn't put up a "i need birthday cake flavored juice right away.... hurry!!!" post nor would any of the people i could get that juice from answer a post like that.

it will never be illegal to share ideas or experiences.

if it were then why have the three major drug forums been up for well over a decade each?

the torrent sites get taken down because they host links to stolen merchandise so that's a bad analogy.
Cannabisworld and overgrow both hosted nothing but ideas, and last I checked both redirected to a homeland security website. Sometimes thoughts and free exchange of information are enough to draw the government's ire.

Hell, Motorola, with the help of the courts, nearly buried myself and another member here back in the day for loading ringtones and wallpapers to cell phones people owned outright. We weren't stealing from them, they were just pissed because they were colluding with the carriers to charge people for everything you might want to load to your own cellphone. (My how times have changed, lol)

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Cannabisworld and overgrow both hosted nothing but ideas, and last I checked both redirected to a homeland security website. Sometimes thoughts and free exchange of information are enough to draw the government's ire.

Hell, Motorola, with the help of the courts, nearly buried myself and another member here back in the day for loading ringtones and wallpapers to cell phones people owned outright. We weren't stealing from them, they were just pissed because they were colluding with the carriers to charge people for everything you might want to load to your own cellphone. (My how times have changed, lol)

I was thinking erowid and bluelight as the top 2.

Straight up starting a thread "where can I buy XXXX?" would certainly be frowned upon and deleted immediately by one of the mods on those sites.

But I'm sure after 2 or 3 years of getting to know people you would never have to ask because you'd already know who to PM about it.

You would surely know to not post a thread like that after a very short period of time of being on one of those forums.

But vaping is different because all they could legally be looking for until August 2018 would be products for sale that were put on the market after August 8 2016 whereas on the drug forums they are looking for EVERY product no matter when it was put on to market.

This is going to make it very hard for someone looking to bust a person because they would have to weed through tens of thousands of Pre 08/08/16 products for sale to find one Post 08/08/16 product for sale.

I'm not saying it can not be done but all i'm saying is I would expect that if the FDA was going to waste money on some type of sting they would most likely be trying to catch a "101vape" type of shop importing 5000 devices and not 5 Adult vapers trying to form a group buy on the down low on 10 devices.

Even with illegal hard drugs the police are working towards finding the big fish and not just some addict trying to score a $20 bag of something.
I'm not saying that that addict will not get caught but unless he/she is incredibly stupid or unlucky he/she doesn't have much of a chance of getting caught.

If they are going to come at vaping like a drug then it's the dealer they are after and not the user.
That's how it's been since this whole failed war on drugs got started back in the 1930's.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
[quote="5150sick, post: 1282015, member: 41"]If they are going to come at vaping like a drug then it's the dealer they are after and not the user.
That's how it's been since this whole failed war on drugs got started back in the 1930's.[/quote]

I'd still be leary of the tax man - even on trades or used stuff - whatever end you are on once states and/or the feds really get into vape taxes

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just picked up another Black Boreas on eBay $20.00 Some Doctor wanting to stop smoking...

Too complicated building coils, can't deal with it it's simply too complex ..... Ok one more for the collection......

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Just picked up another Black Boreas on eBay $20.00 Some Doctor wanting to stop smoking...

Too complicated building coils, can't deal with it it's simply too complex ..... Ok one more for the collection......

If you happen to be looking for a really nice flavor chasing RDA I got an Aeolus V2 Pro RDA from Syntheticloud off of eBay for $22.64 shipped.
Most websites are selling them for between $60 - $75.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291779948952

I bought 2 and I love the way the base screws on so the entire dripper can be used as the juice well.
The airflow sits directly on top of the coils ans comes from the sides of the top cap.
First dripper I ever owned that doesn't leak if my mod tips over for a few seconds.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you happen to be looking for a really nice flavor chasing RDA I got an Aeolus V2 Pro RDA from Syntheticloud off of eBay for $22.64 shipped.
Most websites are selling them for between $60 - $75.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291779948952

I bought 2 and I love the way the base screws on so the entire dripper can be used as the juice well.
The airflow sits directly on top of the coils ans comes from the sides of the top cap.
First dripper I ever owned that doesn't leak if my mod tips over for a few seconds.
I have about 10 Rdas I no longer use..... With my (3) Boreas (1) Aromamizer Supreme (1) The Tank by Scottua (1) Alpha Ohmega BFT

My Rdas are packed for emergencies..... And future use...... Thanks for offering.....

I'm looking for a Modfather...... If anyone has one..... Let me know.....

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have about 10 Rdas I no longer use..... With my (3) Boreas (1) Aromamizer Supreme (1) The Tank by Scottua (1) Alpha Ohmega BFT

My Rdas are packed for emergencies..... And future use...... Thanks for offering.....

How are you liking the Supreme?

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Going to be rough finding someone giving up a Modfather, it really, really is an awesome Tank. It's even rough finding a site where it's not sold out.

Since I got the VCP "Big Pig" it's been my daily driver.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Found a guy already.... Waiting for his ok and PayPal account......

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Stainless..... I found a dude who wanted $75.00 for a black one that he got on special order.... But the one who the guy is selling its stainless..... I just got a message saying I know somebody..... He has one and I said I'm game....... He told me he will contact me..... So I think it's stainless since the black are now being delivered.......

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Stainless..... I found a dude who wanted $75.00 for a black one that he got on special order.... But the one who the guy is selling its stainless..... I just got a message saying I know somebody..... He has one and I said I'm game....... He told me he will contact me..... So I think it's stainless since the black are now being delivered.......

Yeah I was lucky, I got mine right when they came out. I got the SS for $60 and the Black for $69, they all sold out fast though. Getting a Modfather Tank is almost as difficult as getting an Authentic Velocity.

Anyway you're going to love it, the build quality is great, the flavor is awesome and the cloud production is really obnoxious ;)

The tank likes big fat coils with lots of power.

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know I'm a little late to the party, but after a two month process involving my first shipment being stolen off a door step, and then needing to pick up the next one all the way up in Houston (I'm an expat living in central Mexico), I finally threw a build in my new Boreas last night. This is also my first experience with Claptons. Just pre-wrapped wire from Geekvape, I can see why people don't think it's the best quality. Took a bit of work to get all the hot spots out. But out I got them.

Anyways, thoroughly thrilled with this tank. I can see why it has gotten so much love. Followed the wicking and filling tutorial by Roxy on the first page, and the tank is wicking perfectly. Amazing dense clouds and great flavor. Could not be happier with it's performance! :stars2:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know I'm a little late to the party, but after a two month process involving my first shipment being stolen off a door step, and then needing to pick up the next one all the way up in Houston (I'm an expat living in central Mexico), I finally threw a build in my new Boreas last night. This is also my first experience with Claptons. Just pre-wrapped wire from Geekvape, I can see why people don't think it's the best quality. Took a bit of work to get all the hot spots out. But out I got them.

Anyways, thoroughly thrilled with this tank. I can see why it has gotten so much love. Followed the wicking and filling tutorial by Roxy on the first page, and the tank is wicking perfectly. Amazing dense clouds and great flavor. Could not be happier with it's performance! :stars2:
More..... It is a cool tank....
uploadfromtaptalk1469555252240.jpg

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It has been quite some time since I bought mine and now that summer is here the the thing leaks like crazy outside.. I have tried too much cotton to not enough.. While I love the vape of this thing and the amount of juice it holds I need to find something that isn't so prone to leaking but still offers the same quality/tank size as the boreas.. Any suggestions..

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It has been quite some time since I bought mine and now that summer is here the the thing leaks like crazy outside.. I have tried too much cotton to not enough.. While I love the vape of this thing and the amount of juice it holds I need to find something that isn't so prone to leaking but still offers the same quality/tank size as the boreas.. Any suggestions..
Replace the inner gaskets......

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If the inner pressure is lost it will leak.....Replace all gaskets that's why you get a spare......

Mattmo81

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You guys were talking about the FDA and trying to get people off vaping and back to smoking cigs for the tax $. I live in PA and it will be a 40% tax on eliquid and vape gear in October. Unreal. I very well might cave in and smoke a cig. Big tobacco wins, vape shops and vapers lose.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
You guys were talking about the FDA and trying to get people off vaping and back to smoking cigs for the tax $. I live in PA and it will be a 40% tax on eliquid and vape gear in October. Unreal. I very well might cave in and smoke a cig. Big tobacco wins, vape shops and vapers lose.

As the Penn. tax doesn't go into effect until October, I'd stock up on your favorite vape stuff now

Mattmo81

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
By the way, my bad if this has already been discussed in detail earlier in this thread, but in the boreas getting small amounts of liquid coming through the chimney and drip tip, is it due to not enough/too much cotton or is it condensation? Thanks in advance.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
By the way, my bad if this has already been discussed in detail earlier in this thread, but in the boreas getting small amounts of liquid coming through the chimney and drip tip, is it due to not enough/too much cotton or is it condensation? Thanks in advance.

What kind of build you have in there?

A lot of things can cause liquid to get into the dt

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I had that happen & at the time Roxy said it was flooding she suggested I wick more & try closing off the jfc a little.

Mattmo81

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
24 gauge nichrome80 3 mm id 8 wraps snug koh gen do cotton enough to lay tips on the deck with a little space in between coil and cotton

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's so sad :( I would do what @JuicyLucy suggested. Stock up now. Check out Hic's mixes here on Vaping underground I love his recipes, better than commercial juice. He has a lot of free recipes as well as ones you can purchase for $3 on Gumroad. Check out his thread lots of us are his "groupies" lol!

VU Sponsors