Become a Patron!

TFV8. Did anybody get one yet?

BaronVonEyePoke

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yea it definitely goes through juice but u gotta pay to play lol. On my Griffin I usually gotta sit around 60-65 watts to stay away from dry hits, I still gotta get the wicking down on it I guess. But the tfv8 rba coil I have no problem at 130 watts. This tank is a work of f-ing art.

VapingN252

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Got mine a couple of days ago. I wanted a cloud chasing sub ohm tank and this is it. Love it.

Amazing tank, specially using the quad coil (V8-Q4). I run it on my RX200.

After a few minutes I had juice leaking out the airflow holes? Some TFV8 coils have a manufacturing quality control problem. This fixes the issue.

As the air heats up inside the tank, it expands and pushes the juice out the defect in the coil's seal at the base and it spews out the airflow holes. Hopefully this will be resolved by SMOK soon. In the meantime, follow this simple fix.

BaronVonEyePoke

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I haven't had that leaking problem yet but thanks for the tip I will keep it in mind.

DoctorJ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
If you don't have one yet, GET ONE! This is the best tank ever! SMOK has outdone themselves with this beauty. I ordered two and loaded each with a different coil. Both hit great and produce the best clouds and flavor even at lower watts. I tend to like a cooler vape and have my TFV 4's at a max of 50 watts on quad coils. These produce a great cool vape at 60-70 watts. I've even cranked the octuple coil up to 80 and it's still cool enough for me. However, just past that and it gets a bit too hot.

My only complaints are I can't use my regular drip tips. The chuff cap is ideal for this tank though hitting it at such high wattage. The other issue is the refill hole is a bit too close to the top part even when opened all the way. I can deal with these issues though, no biggie.

I can't wait to try the RBA. I'm sure it's as awesome as the other coils.

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you don't have one yet, GET ONE! This is the best tank ever! SMOK has outdone themselves with this beauty. I ordered two and loaded each with a different coil. Both hit great and produce the best clouds and flavor even at lower watts. I tend to like a cooler vape and have my TFV 4's at a max of 50 watts on quad coils. These produce a great cool vape at 60-70 watts. I've even cranked the octuple coil up to 80 and it's still cool enough for me. However, just past that and it gets a bit too hot.

My only complaints are I can't use my regular drip tips. The chuff cap is ideal for this tank though hitting it at such high wattage. The other issue is the refill hole is a bit too close to the top part even when opened all the way. I can deal with these issues though, no biggie.

I can't wait to try the RBA. I'm sure it's as awesome as the other coils.
Did you use the tip adapter? I use mine with my third eye tips all the time. It's in the bag with your rebuild kit.

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
45C9BA97-DD76-4751-A77C-813863BC964E_zpszrv0njqq.jpg

There it is.

DoctorJ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Did you use the tip adapter? I use mine with my third eye tips all the time. It's in the bag with your rebuild kit.

Oooooohhhhh, so that's what that thing is? Can you say DUUUUUUUUUUH! :teehee:

I stand corrected. You can use your other drip tips with this tank. :bliss:

LMAO Thanks for pointing this out! I hadn't gone though all that stuff yet. Good thing I posted or I might have never known.

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For those who have the TFV8, Vape Society Supply has the 3 pack of octuplet coils for $10.99. I ordered a load of them.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
20160708_193608.jpg

Aspire Cleito with acrylic bubble on Red HΩ Wrecker G2
SMOK TFV8 on Orange HΩ Wrecker G2
Uwell Rafale on Silver HΩ Wrecker G2

Running the Cleito in TC 60 Watts 480° XXX FSK Temp Curve 65.0% Auto TC Disabled with the .2 stock coil
Running the TFV8 in TC 150 Watts 460° XXX FSK Temp Curve 65.0% Auto TC Disabled with the .15 V8-T8 coil
Running the Rafale in TC 90 Watts 510° with the .2 SS coil

I obviously like the HΩ Wrecker G2 or I wouldn't have three of them with plans on getting the Black and Blue ones as well.
The Cleito is an amazing tank that has been under rated.
Everyone should at least try it.
The TFV8 just came in today so I've only been through 2 tanks so far but have really enjoyed them.
The Rafale is a hit or miss.
I've tried it on 12 different mods utilizing every option/setting available.
At one point I had it dialed in perfect but still had more mods to try.
I document every setting/variation I ever try however in this particular case, I got interrupted by a phone call during this process and forgot to document what mod and settings I had the perfect setup on.
So I'll have to go through them all again to find it.

But back to the purpose of this, the TFV8 so far has indeed been proving to be pretty damn nice.
I'm hoping to find a setting I like just a bit more that'd be a slight tighter draw full of flavor.
I'm certain I'll find it but haven't dedicated the time to get there yet.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Be cautious, that price is for a single coil not the 3 pack.
On their site, I did not find 3 pack pricing.

Prices below are for the 3 pack;
http://www.vapordna.com/SMOKtech-TFV8-Replacement-Coil-p/tfv8rc.htm
V8-Q4 .15 - $19.99
V8-T6 .2 - $22.99
V8-T8 .15 - $22.99
V8 Turbo RBA Head - $11.99

The $10.99 at VSS IS for the three pack. I already confirmed it with them.

Thanks for spamming some overpriced coils! www.VapeNW.com is WAAAAYYYYYY cheaper than Vapordna.

Let's compare!

V8-Q4 .15 - $9.99 - TEN dollars less than vdna.
V8-T6 .2 - $13.99 - NINE dollars less than vdna.
V8-T8 .15 - $15.99 - SEVEN dollars less than vdna.
V8 Turbo RBA Head - $9.99 - TWO dollars less than vdna.

So, @Paratech , be cautious, Vapordna is a rip off!

Last edited:

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just in case anyone wanted further clarification, here is the link from VSS:

https://www.vapesocietysupply.com/products/smok-tfv8-replacement-coil?variant=23714423303

Here is a cut and paste from the description on VSS:

SMOK TFV8 Replacement Coil Specifications:
V8T8 Octuple Coil Head
  • 0.15 ohm
  • Turbo: 6.6T
  • Wattage: 50 - 260W
  • Pack of 3 Atomizer Heads
See that last bullet point up there? Pack of 3 Atomizer Heads.

So, no need to be cautious as @Paratech warned. The $10.99 price is for the three pack.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

https://www.vapesocietysupply.com/products/smok-tfv8-replacement-coil?variant=23714423303

V8T8 Octuple Coil Head
  • 0.15 ohm

So, no need to be cautious as @Paratech warned. The $10.99 price is for the three pack.

My apologies.
When I read the product header: "SMOK TFV8 Replacement Coil" I took it literal and did not read further.
I assure you if I would have been more observant I would NOT have posted anything with much higher pricing.

With that being the case, since I only got 6 tank fills out of my V8-T8 coil, I will be placing my order with apesocietysupply as well.
Thank you for providing great info.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm going to stop posting.
Directly before I posted they were out of stock, I was on the site and that is what it said.
Directly after posting, I refreshed the page and it no longer says that.

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm going to stop posting.
Directly before I posted they were out of stock, I was on the site and that is what it said.
Directly after posting, I refreshed the page and it no longer says that.
They had like 200 before I ordered, after my order of 5 packs, there were only 70 left. People bought the hell out of these.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They had like 200 before I ordered, after my order of 5 packs, there were only 70 left. People bought the hell out of these.
After multiple tries I was able to order ONE pack.
So with shipping it was still a good deal but not as good as if I were to be able to order 10 packs.
I can say their web designer is horrible at their job.
While trying to view cart, it loaded above the highest part of the page then I could scroll.
I could barely see the "continue to checkout" or whatever it said.
That being said, the prices are indeed low and I was able to complete my order.
So it wasn't ALL bad.
Thanks again for pointing out the good deal.
Too bad I didn't read better last night when I probably could have ordered the 10 packs.

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After multiple tries I was able to order ONE pack.
So with shipping it was still a good deal but not as good as if I were to be able to order 10 packs.
I can say their web designer is horrible at their job.
While trying to view cart, it loaded above the highest part of the page then I could scroll.
I could barely see the "continue to checkout" or whatever it said.
That being said, the prices are indeed low and I was able to complete my order.
So it wasn't ALL bad.
Thanks again for pointing out the good deal.
Too bad I didn't read better last night when I probably could have ordered the 10 packs.
My biggest gripe with them, and why I hardly ever shop there, is their terrible website. That stupid header banner that loads OVER the shopping cart navigation and the fact that everything loads below the splash advert up top is annoying beyond belief.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree the page sucks.
Within an hour of placing my order they've already created a shipping label.
Granted if they chose to they could still wait a week to ship it but at least I already have my tracking number.
So that'll give them an extra brownie point.
mmmm brownies.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

V8T8 Octuple Coil Head
  • 0.15 ohm

Damn good coils, been using the same one for a week, still great flavor...!

triakis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well two weeks in and the octuple coil finally tastes burnt at anything >80W. I'm sure I sent it to an early grave by sending ~500W into it by accident! :(

In any case, I'm glad I tried the RBA instead of the quad coil!

Holy smokes! I did the usual tweaking of the coils, pulsing them and strumming to get them perfect, wicked it up and WOW!
At this point, why even bother buying coils! Yes this is that good. Everyone that has this tank MUST try the RBA. You won't be disappointed. It ohms out just over .3 too so any mod can drive it. It will be lame on a single cell mech but I wouldn't do that anyway.

I put it on my DNA and just kept turning up the power. Around 115W it's super dense, not hot at all and the tank doesn't get as hot as using the octuple coil. The flavor oozes and it doesn't feel like you're drinking the juice like the octuple coil can on hard pulls at high wattage.

I'm going to pick up another, maybe a few more in both SS and black to have.

By far, this is my favorite tank.

And at this point I'm not even interested in trying the Crown II. My original Crown sits on the shelf most of the time with the other shelf queens. :p

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well two weeks in and the octuple coil finally tastes burnt at anything >80W. I'm sure I sent it to an early grave by sending ~500W into it by accident! :(

In any case, I'm glad I tried the RBA instead of the quad coil!

Holy smokes! I did the usual tweaking of the coils, pulsing them and strumming to get them perfect, wicked it up and WOW!
At this point, why even bother buying coils! Yes this is that good. Everyone that has this tank MUST try the RBA. You won't be disappointed. It ohms out just over .3 too so any mod can drive it. It will be lame on a single cell mech but I wouldn't do that anyway.

I put it on my DNA and just kept turning up the power. Around 115W it's super dense, not hot at all and the tank doesn't get as hot as using the octuple coil. The flavor oozes and it doesn't feel like you're drinking the juice like the octuple coil can on hard pulls at high wattage.

I'm going to pick up another, maybe a few more in both SS and black to have.

By far, this is my favorite tank.

And at this point I'm not even interested in trying the Crown II. My original Crown sits on the shelf most of the time with the other shelf queens. :p
I'm up to 5 now. All black. I hate stainless tanks. On my Boxer DNA200, with the RBA, I found 115 to be the sweet spot.

triakis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
115 is where I stopped. It was just about perfect IMHO. The black tank would look really good on my Vaporshark DNA200. I'd like to replace those Halloween Orange gaskets with black though. ;)
I may do some fused clapton 316L in the future and try temp control. I have a build in my Twisted Messes 2 that does TC well.

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
115 is where I stopped. It was just about perfect IMHO. The black tank would look really good on my Vaporshark DNA200. I'd like to replace those Halloween Orange gaskets with black though. ;)
I may do some fused clapton 316L in the future and try temp control. I have a build in my Twisted Messes 2 that does TC well.
I don't like those orings either. If I could find a black replacement, they'd de in my tanks. I'm not a Harley Davidson guy. Lol

DoctorJ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
For those who have the TFV8, Vape Society Supply has the 3 pack of octuplet coils for $10.99. I ordered a load of them.

OMW to that site now! I'm shocked these coils are selling for almost less than the ones for the TFV 4 in a few places.

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
3B2358FC-457C-45D8-908A-6A9890441AFF_zpsfrwzjmb0.jpg

My coils showed up today, as well as two more black TFV8's.

VSS shipped lightning fast!! I'm going to order a few more packs.

Picked up one this morning.

First tank on the pre-installed octo coil was fantastic at 140w, gobbled my juice but that's what you get when you buy a muscle car tank. After filling it back again, it started leaking like crazy. It dumped my whole tank out the sides in about 20 seconds. I decided maybe it's a faulty factory coil, so I put the quad coil in it, just filled it up and am now using it at 120w. It seems to not be leaking, but now I'm getting ridiculous spit back when I hit it.

Either I just have no clue how this tank works, or something isn't right with it. Overall I'm not very happy with my purchase just yet.

EDIT: Just as I posted this, the quad coil is now dumping out the airflow holes as well. Jesus christ. Talked to the shop I got it from, they will look at it tomorrow and if it's a factory fault, they'll swap it for a new one no charge.

Last edited:

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Weird. I've had zero issues. Neither have any of my friends with them, but hey! There's always one out there with an issue.

I'm not sure what the hell it is, I've tried the usual stuff to rule out user error. Just flat out frustrated and confused. Hopefully the girl at the shop can help me out tomorrow. That first tank was bliss.

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Paratech Just a heads up, Vape Society Supply has the TFV8 coils (3 pack .15 octuplet coils) back in stock for $10.99. I ordered another 3 packs.

If you put anything in your cart and leave the site (once you've logged in), they will send you a 10% discount code within a few hours to use on the order.

I always do that there..lol

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The discount code made the 3 packs come out to $33.68 shipped. For 9 octuple coils, that's pretty damned good.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The discount code made the 3 packs come out to $33.68 shipped. For 9 octuple coils, that's pretty damned good.
I'd say so too....second week on the same coil, NO significant difference in flavor....damn good premade coils finally.

I tossed the Crown tanks in the garbage, where they belong.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Paratech Just a heads up, Vape Society Supply has the TFV8 coils (3 pack .15 octuplet coils) back in stock for $10.99. I ordered another 3 packs.

If you put anything in your cart and leave the site (once you've logged in), they will send you a 10% discount code within a few hours to use on the order.

I always do that there..lol
That didn't last long. Already sold out before I could get to them.
I'll keep waiting.
But thanks for the tip on shopping cart.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
second week on the same coil
So far I have only used the 2 coils that came with it.
Maybe it is because I use 30% super sweet flavoring, but I'm not doing so well on coil live.
Both coils only made it through 7 fills each.
Hopefully the replacement coils do me a bit better.
I do like the tank and the flavor, just hoping for longer life out of the coils.
If it turns out to be my juice mix, I'll stick with short coil life and accept it.
I really like my juice mix.

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I DIY and am about 10% flavor on some of my mixes. My coils last a good 2 weeks at least. Haven't had them long enough to do a real comparison yet. However, I've been stocking up on coils for Vapepocalypse.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mixed.jpg
I DIY and am about 10% flavor on some of my mixes. My coils last a good 2 weeks at least. Haven't had them long enough to do a real comparison yet. However, I've been stocking up on coils for Vapepocalypse.
I also DIY and have been stocking up.

beshig

Member For 4 Years
Had mine for 3 days now. Very enjoyable vape for me at 125 watts on the octo coil.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I got this a couple of weeks ago and I'm using the coil that was installed that says .15 ohms best at 120 to 180 watts. I can get it above 112 watts. Vapor is way too hot for me. I've settled at 112 watts on my rx200s with the air flow about half open. Huge clouds and great flavor !

I do have one issue and that's with the top fill. It's damn near impossible to open and close. I've unscrewed the whole tank by accident twice and got juice all over. Can anybody tell me if I'm doing anything wrong ? I'm almost afraid of taking the whole thing apart and putting it back together.

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got this a couple of weeks ago and I'm using the coil that was installed that says .15 ohms best at 120 to 180 watts. I can get it above 112 watts. Vapor is way too hot for me. I've settled at 112 watts on my rx200s with the air flow about half open. Huge clouds and great flavor !

I do have one issue and that's with the top fill. It's damn near impossible to open and close. I've unscrewed the whole tank by accident twice and got juice all over. Can anybody tell me if I'm doing anything wrong ? I'm almost afraid of taking the whole thing apart and putting it back together.

The top has a very tight clearance, it will loosen up eventually. I found that if I am looking at the tank from overhead, just find the arrow (or directly opposite from the hinge pin) and turn it while gripping that side of the top.

I hope this helped!

triakis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

The wattage depends on the vaping style. It will still produce lots of vapor at 60W but you may find the flavor lacking.
It can also work nice at 200W and beyond with no dry hits. It requires a really hard pull and even then your hits are going to be short.

I prefer the top being tight as I have a TFV4 that's too loose and I had to tap on the edges with a ball peen hammer to make it tight like the TFV8! What I do is hold the tank part in one hand and use my thumb to push on the edge of the top that swings out. As previously mentioned be sure to reference with the arrow. Once you get the hang of things, it's a piece of cake. Closing is just the opposite, squeeze on it hard until it snaps shut.

It's better to be too tight then too loose because in the case of the latter you can have it opening on its own and if it happens to be on its side you have a mess!

It's a great tank! I just put one of the quad coils in and the flavor and vapor production is great. 90W on my DNA is practically heaven.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Press down on the top cap as you are trying to open it.
If you look closely at it, there is a hook or notch in the design.
This is to prevent accidental opening.
Kind of like child proof medicine bottles.

VU Sponsors