Become a Patron!

Tfv4 vertical build great flavor no leaks

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is my go to build on the tfv4 single coil rba, taste better then the stock coils wicks better and vapor is on key.
780e8e26d65f60ce9a0c1341f63c9d7b.jpg

This isn't the best picture but make sure to leave a few mm gap between the wick and deck of the rba for best airflow.
55bd760ea75a6b6117bf81f7b4fdb800.jpg

This is a 22g anarchists wire 7 wrap on a 3.5mm jig.
Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gave this a shot this evening. Nice work! My build is a 7 wrap 316L wicked with rayon. It's gurgles slightly, but I much prefer that to the dry hits I was getting before. Flavor is great and I can kick it up to 50 watts! Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Gave this a shot this evening. Nice work! My build is a 7 wrap 316L wicked with rayon. It's gurgles slightly, but I much prefer that to the dry hits I was getting before. Flavor is great and I can kick it up to 50 watts! Thanks for sharing.

No problem :)

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Needle nose pliers should do it or maybe tweezers?i have a pair of bent needle nose pliers that I used

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Needle nose pliers should do it or maybe tweezers?i have a pair of bent needle nose pliers that I used.

I also put my leads into the holes in the deck instead of using the screws.

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I had given up on my tfv4 until I started coiling and wicking like this a little while ago. I can vouch for this wicking method.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I still have yet to try this method since I moved on to the TF-R2/RCA rbas and made micro fused claptons....I suggest anyone with a TFV4 to invest the $8 and get either rba...
I will be testing the TF-R3 rba shortly..

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Upgraded vertical coil rba deck bad pic I'll post more later.
42ebb05543d4aa26a2f3cfdfadddd570.jpg

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
200 watts no dry hits flavor is amazing

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/new-tfv4-vertical-coil-rba.141246/

Anyone interested in vertical builds on the TFV4 single RBA should check out that thread, few of us have made some fun modifications to push this idea even further. But yes I find vertical to be less fickle with wicking issues which is the biggest reason to do it IMO, but then the flavor/vapor is solid too though I don't know if I'd really say better than horizontal or really different at all, just solid and less wicking issues.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/new-tfv4-vertical-coil-rba.141246/

Anyone interested in vertical builds on the TFV4 single RBA should check out that thread, few of us have made some fun modifications to push this idea even further. But yes I find vertical to be less fickle with wicking issues which is the biggest reason to do it IMO, but then the flavor/vapor is solid too though I don't know if I'd really say better than horizontal or really different at all, just solid and less wicking issues.
I do not believe you have done this, how do you defy gravity and get the coil to stand vertically? This defies all I know, it must be the Dark Arts! How much Dark Magic do you need to conjure to make that work?? I do not believe in this wizardry sorcerer, I curse you!

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I found that airflow was too tight for my liking with a 1/8 drill bit. Rebuilt with a 9/64 and the airflow is perfect! Flavor is outstanding and the clouds be a-chuckin! So easy to build and wick that this is my new go-to set up!

Kinkytheklown

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I can't figure out how to get that nice bend on the top leg.

I found a YouTube video on it. Im going to have to try this but for now im having fun with my new octa-coils

VU Sponsors