TFV4 owners...

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Be careful. All of a sudden I started getting this harsh, plastic taste from my tank with the quad coil. Upon disassembly I noticed part of the top sealing ring (silicone) on the top fill portion of the tank had broken off and I can only guess that it somehow made it into the coil. It was on the bottom side of the seal so I didn't notice it. I've been flushing my mouth with ACV, crackers and water but I can't get the awful taste of burning plastic out of my mouth.

Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Be careful. All of a sudden I started getting this harsh, plastic taste from my tank with the quad coil. Upon disassembly I noticed part of the top sealing ring on the top fill portion of the tank had broken off and I can only guess that it somehow made it into the coil. It was on the bottom side of the seal so I didn't notice it. I've been flushing my mouth with ACV, crackers and water but I can't get the awful taste of burning plastic out of my mouth.
Theres not one piece of plastic in mine...the silicone seal you mean?

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah sorry, that's what I meant. I'll edit it. Sorry for the confusion.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah sorry, that's what I meant. I'll edit it. Sorry for the confusion.
If your not careful when closing the top-fill portion it can shave off some of it and then fall to the coil, this could be the issue you had. Just make sure its completely flat when closing and go slow. I an imagine the taste is very unpleasant :eek:

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Dude I can't get the taste out of my mouth. I just got the goblin mini and all I can taste is plastic from earlier today.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Dude I can't get the taste out of my mouth. I just got the goblin mini and all I can taste is plastic from earlier today.
Thats kinda coincidental, I just rebuilt the Goblin Mini for my wife...she doesnt understand "take it easy" when breaking cotton/coils in so I have to go through a tank or 2 for her and at the same time I just rewicked my TFv4 build and now I feel like shit from being Over Nic'd. I hate feeling bloated/nauseous/dizzy....
If you want to clear that taste from your mouth I suggest take a shot of some Grain Alcohol/Higher Proof Alcohol, a sip and swish of Lemon juice, vinegar, pickle juice or something else that cuts into the very top layer of your mouth.

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thats kinda coincidental, I just rebuilt the Goblin Mini for my wife...she doesnt understand "take it easy" when breaking cotton/coils in so I have to go through a tank or 2 for her and at the same time I just rewicked my TFv4 build and now I feel like shit from being Over Nic'd. I hate feeling bloated/nauseous/dizzy....
If you want to clear that taste from your mouth I suggest take a shot of some Grain Alcohol/Higher Proof Alcohol, a sip and swish of Lemon juice, vinegar, pickle juice or something else that cuts into the very top layer of your mouth.

I can't tell you how much ACV i've sprayed into my mouth today (I barbacue, so there's a spray bottle on hand) but I'll give the lemon juice a shot. I even swished some frank's hot sauce. This is terrible. I think this may actually be what death tastes like. That or FA - Joy. ;):eek:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I can't tell you how much ACV i've sprayed into my mouth today (I barbacue, so there's a spray bottle on hand) but I'll give the lemon juice a shot. I even swished some frank's hot sauce. This is terrible. I think this may actually be what death tastes like. That or FA - Joy. ;):eek:
When I first started vaping I had a Vivi Nova tank and the plastic cracked from the juice I used, at the time I didnt know better. I used super-glue and electrical tape to fix it, little did I know the glue and tape melted into the tank and I got a big mouthful of vaporized glue and tape. I will never use a plastic tank ever again, I will never fix things I vape on with household materials unless directed too.

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
When I first started vaping I had a Vivi Nova tank and the plastic cracked from the juice I used, at the time I didnt know better. I used super-glue and electrical tape to fix it, little did I know the glue and tape melted into the tank and I got a big mouthful of vaporized glue and tape. I will never use a plastic tank ever again, I will never fix things I vape on with household materials unless directed too.
Jesus that sounds bad. Tim Taylor'd it pretty good huh?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Jesus that sounds bad. Tim Taylor'd it pretty good huh?
XybMIyEz.jpeg

Perfect Example

VU Sponsors